MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 17, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #3,857 of 5,796
  If I were to have something like a Chord Dave with Ether C Flow (I'm only interested in closed-back headphones), would you recommend upgrading from DUM cables? Perhaps, @mrspeakers can chime in too.

Yes - with a Chord Dave and Ether C Flow, you will hear a difference with upgraded cables. Now to find the one you like best! I might recommend the WyWires Platinum for that setup.

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,858 of 5,796

Yes - with a Chord Dave and Ether C Flow, you will hear a difference with upgraded cables. Now to find the one you like best! I might recommend the WyWires Platinum for that setup.

Thank you! I don't have a Dave yet, but planning to acquire one within a year. I simply wish to avoid going through a cycle of cable upgrades.

Would you happen to know how much a Platinum headphone cable costs? It isn't clear from the WyWires website.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #3,862 of 5,796
  Thank you! I don't have a Dave yet, but planning to acquire one within a year. I simply wish to avoid going through a cycle of cable upgrades.

Would you happen to know how much a Platinum headphone cable costs? It isn't clear from the WyWires website.

$599 for a 5 foot length.

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #3,864 of 5,796
Really? That isn't bad. What's the wire gauge?

Not sure.  You could ask WyWires directly.  Alex responded to my inquiry very quickly.

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #3,869 of 5,796
12 weeks ago? Wow thats a very long wait was gonna order a cable from them as well but this has me a bit worried, is that normal? Seems like a very very long wait for a cable.

That is normal anymore for the more popular cable makers.  As a matter of fact, waiting times can creep up to 6 months at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back