MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Nov 18, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #1,352 of 4,813
Are ethers, or any other summit-fi headphone, really needed for EDM? Seems like any mid-fi or even well regarded budget cans would work for EDM. For thump, beyerdynamic DT series cans might be good.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,353 of 4,813
Are ethers, or any other summit-fi headphone, really needed for EDM? Seems like any mid-fi or even well regarded budget cans would work for EDM. For thump, beyerdynamic DT series cans might be good.

For me, I love to listen to EDM with flagships. Otherwise I just hear a lot of bloom and "one note" bass. Some EDM is recorded very well (R.A.M) and I get to hear the texture of the bass with a flagship like the Ether C. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,354 of 4,813
Is there any way to reduce clamping force? I am guessing that since it is nitinol, the answer is no.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #1,355 of 4,813
  Is there any way to reduce clamping force? I am guessing that since it is nitinol, the answer is no.

Correct, but you don't need to have much tension on the head band, if you feel it's tight try relaxing the fit of the head band.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,356 of 4,813

Correct, but you don't need to have much tension on the head band, if you feel it's tight try relaxing the fit of the head band.  

Thanks, have been playing around with the pads and the headband.

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,357 of 4,813
The ETHER C were made for Norah Jones. Any genre really, but Norah Jones really is pleasant to listen to with them.

Just loving these more and more every day! :)

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #1,358 of 4,813
The ETHER C were made for Norah Jones. Any genre really, but Norah Jones really is pleasant to listen to with them.

Just loving these more and more every day!
smily_headphones1.gif

I find Norah Jones too sibilant on most cans I tried so far. Is it better on Ether C?

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,359 of 4,813
I find Norah Jones too sibilant on most cans I tried so far. Is it better on Ether C?

I find the track 'Don't Know Why' from Come Away With Me to have some treble clipping, even in the remastered version. Some of her music can be a little hot but that's in the recording not a fault of the headphone. As far as sibilance on the ETHER C in general I don't hear any. If it's something that your sensitive to perhaps the tuning pads will help. They will attenuate the treble a bit. I can report back when I get mine.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #1,360 of 4,813

Maybe the sibilance is exacerbated by your dac? I found that the Chord Hugo sounds very natural. I have windows laptop which sounds detailed but very sibilance prone and not natural. A MacBook sounded a lot more natural. All off them I listened to with my Alpha Primes, they allowed me to perceive the differences. I have the same sibilance problem with Maria Mena on Victoria with sibilance prone equipment. With the Hugo and the AP it is very enjoyable, as is most music
darthsmile.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #1,361 of 4,813
How do the beautiful woman and your best friend get along?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Haha I know tell me about it. If I was still a single man I guarantee I would already be in possession of an Ether C and Gumby/Mojo stack. But no I am in possession of a beautiful woman and best friend and so I have to enjoy my measly Alpha Dogs and 20 year old Theta DAC as well as my HD600 + Crack (not complaining one bit)

The Ether C will be purchased next income tax return :)

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #1,363 of 4,813

Users who are viewing this thread

Back