MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jan 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,996 of 4,813
Nice job 
normal_smile%20.gif

What wire do you use? 

+ 1
And where did you buy them please?

Thanks.

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,997 of 4,813
  That's pretty nice actually, an for what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Dan an his Team selling their DUM Cable for like $100 with a 4pin XLR [with the purchase of the Ether C] that's about what I pay for cables usually anyways, with them I can get the price I expect without having to send them off to be recabled 

Thanks. Yes the DUM cable is not a bad deal. The connectors alone your in for almost $20.

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,998 of 4,813

Nice job 
normal_smile%20.gif

What wire do you use? 

Thanks the wire I got from BTG Audio. It's 26 awg ofc copper and 26 awg ofc silver plated copper. The copper is $.80 a foot and the silver plate is a $1 a foot. Nice and flexible wire. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #1,999 of 4,813
That's pretty nice actually, an for what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Dan an his Team selling their DUM Cable for like $100 with a 4pin XLR [with the purchase of the Ether C] that's about what I pay for cables usually anyways, with them I can get the price I expect without having to send them off to be recabled 
The dum cable is an upgrade, right? So it is $100 more than the stock cable, rather than getting a second cable for 100, right?

Jan 10, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #2,001 of 4,813
The dum cable is an upgrade, right? So it is $100 more than the stock cable, rather than getting a second cable for 100, right?

The DUM is a much better cable than stock.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #2,002 of 4,813
The DUM is a much better cable than stock.

What are the differences in construction? (Not sound!!! Cause... Yeah... Lol :wink:)

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #2,003 of 4,813
What are the differences in construction? (Not sound!!! Cause... Yeah... Lol
wink.gif
)

I'm not sure what it is. It is different than the cable I got with my Alpha Dogs.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #2,006 of 4,813
If anybody didn't catch onto the Creative Labs vs Mr.Speakers collaboration here's a vine video (Credit:Creative Labs) that shows it. Seems to be just another detachable cable so hopefully this will be an option from Dan and crew later.

https://vine.co/v/ihWTHAuLP0D/

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #2,007 of 4,813
  If anybody didn't catch onto the Creative Labs vs Mr.Speakers collaboration here's a vine video (Credit:Creative Labs) that shows it. Seems to be just another detachable cable so hopefully this will be an option from Dan and crew later.

https://vine.co/v/ihWTHAuLP0D/

Mhmm some one posted it earlier, though tbh I think it's more than a cable it's the entire system. Including the Dac/Amp you see in the back ground 

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #2,008 of 4,813
  Mhmm some one posted it earlier, though tbh I think it's more than a cable it's the entire system. Including the Dac/Amp you see in the back ground 

Yeah the X7 but what I hope is that the cable is sold separately.........oh wait then there's the mic. I see what you mean now.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2,009 of 4,813
  I have contact them though here:
https://mrspeakers.com/contact-us/
but still got no reply....
triportsad.gif

I did reply to your enquiry immediately, but we've been having some issue with DMARC blocking our emails.  Another thing we can thank Cybercriminals for...

Our site clearly states 2-3 week lead times for ETHER C, you ordered 12/20, so it should ship this week.  We may be a little behind because last week we had CES, floods around the office area, and half the production team out sick, so we got a few days behind.

We spend a LOT of time answering questions on ship dates, and that is time we could spend building product or shipping, so it helps us a lot if people can be patient and check the lead-time status on the website...  

Thanks!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 11, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #2,010 of 4,813

I inquired about getting replacement ear pads for my Ether C, that I purchased from another headfier!  I didn't get an answer from Dan, after email sent last week.

Do they just use Alpha Pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back