MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jan 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,026 of 4,813

Hey Dan would like to know if the mic cable would be available in the Mr.Speakers store/dealer and if they do would they come in the DUM/non-DUM cable? Really like the fact we will be able to used your products for gaming now (well some of us probably already did). Thanks.

DUM only.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 11, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #2,028 of 4,813

That is correct. For the $100, you get the DUM cable instead of the standard cable (not in addition to). Here at Inner Sanctum Audio, we believe the DUM is absolutely worth the extra $100. That said, we love the WyWires Red cable even more ($300, and in this case you end up with two cables; the standard and the Red...you could get different connectors on each to give you some options in amping).

Good to see both sides of the argument! I think there are some folks who absolutely trust a specific custom cable maker and would rather get a custom made for Ethers. I am one of those and if Mr Speakers offered a no cable option and discount by $50, I would jump on that.

Yea it's good to see a different set of opinions from every one, I'm not too picky these days about cables, I usually dislike "stock" an my cable guy charges about the same as Dans upgrade

either way, it's a good move from them, an upgraded cable option that's resonablly priced 

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #2,029 of 4,813

That is correct. For the $100, you get the DUM cable instead of the standard cable (not in addition to). Here at Inner Sanctum Audio, we believe the DUM is absolutely worth the extra $100. That said, we love the WyWires Red cable even more ($300, and in this case you end up with two cables; the standard and the Red...you could get different connectors on each to give you some options in amping).

Totally agree, I'll be getting it with the DUM.  I was just making the comment more reflecting on a previous comment saying it was just $100, and the parts alone were $20.  All good.  I can't wait to get an Ether C.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #2,030 of 4,813
  Totally agree, I'll be getting it with the DUM.  I was just making the comment more reflecting on a previous comment saying it was just $100, and the parts alone were $20.  All good.  I can't wait to get an Ether C.

Like wise, the connectors aren't cheap an I plan on grabbing the DUM cable my self when I pick this headphone up ^^ 

I got a message from Dan, he was nice enough to take some time to help me find some where local I could demo the Ether C! 

I've always enjoyed his Customer service, I've dealt with him a few times over the years. I actually remember buying the Mad Dog WAY back when it was new! I wasn't thrilled with how it sounded but I was impressed with the build quality an his customer service. To that end, I'm hoping this newest Flagship closed back will be what I'm looking for! Given Dans dedication, I think it'll be worth while purchase, or at the least it'll be worth a 4 hour drive to demo it 

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #2,032 of 4,813
May I ask why Mrspeaker only product 4pin xlr but no 3pin.xlr x2.cable?

Because almost nobody uses this anymore.  But 3rd parties can make these.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 12, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #2,034 of 4,813
Maybe its just me, but is Mr. Speakers selling more Ether Cs than Ethers? Can someone tell me why I would want the C over the plain Ether? I do not listen or have any EDM, mostly classic rock acoustic and jazz.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2,035 of 4,813
  Maybe its just me, but is Mr. Speakers selling more Ether Cs than Ethers? Can someone tell me why I would want the C over the plain Ether? I do not listen or have any EDM, mostly classic rock acoustic and jazz.

Well, my guess is there are some crazies like me that want a high end portable, lots of competition for high end open headphones, but there aren't many choices for portable high end.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #2,036 of 4,813
Yep and even for people who don't need to be portable, but whose home listening environments aren't good for open headphones (ie. condo-living with a wife!), the low-leakage from a closed headphone is huge.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #2,037 of 4,813
I'm not in the market for an open headphone given my home environment. The ether c is the best closed headphone at this price. Some have said its better than the ether or at least as good. Plus the carbon fiber is sexy as hell. It's also really light which is one of the biggest selling points for me. I'm very happy with my Blackwood Zebras right now but I am saving my money and will get the Ether C later this year without a doubt.

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #2,039 of 4,813
I see.... My amp B52 have no 4 pin output.... maybe it need to.be replace soon.
Will Mrspeaker make the amp for ether?

I believe he sells amps on his website already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back