MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Jan 12, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #2,041 of 4,813
But it dont seem tailor for Ether

We sell gear we particularly enjoy with the headphones. We think these products are best of breed at their price points but obviously there's tons of gear that works great. It's not really a valid thing to think that only the gear we use, or design with, will work. Generally we suggest

My list of gear for voicing includes:

DACs
Schiit GMB and Yggdrasil
Auralic Vega

Amps
Cavalli Liquid Crimson, Glass
Woo WA5
Schiit Mjolnir 2

Portable
Questyle QPR1
A&K AK380
Chord Mojo
iPhone (really)

edit: (Wow, that was a really weird set of typos in the original post. I'd love to say it was a good party last night but...)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 12, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #2,042 of 4,813
  Currently have a great set of ZMF zebras that I love, but I've been through so many car accidents that my neck isn't in the greatest shape.  The Ether C is about 100g lighter BUT twice the price.  Not sure how much of a difference it will make though.  

If I do pull the trigger, are the DUM cables worth the upgrade? Or is another aftermarket cable a better decision.

Has anyone purchased through Razordog? They seem to have the best price with $100 off and no tax or shipping.

I have ordered a Q-Audio cable, should be here in a few days and will post impressions if anyone is interested. I had one from them for my LCD-XC and liked it.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #2,043 of 4,813
  I have ordered a Q-Audio cable, should be here in a few days and will post impressions if anyone is interested. I had one from them for my LCD-XC and liked it.

Yes definitely interested, please let us know. I have a WyWires Red that I'm using with my LDC-X and expect to order one for my Ether C at some pointeven though I have the DUM cable which I think is excellent.  

It will be interesting to hear the sonic difference between the WuWires Red and the DUM.  I expect that they'll both end up being excellent with the differences being more a matter of taste.

FWIW, several posters had mentioned awhile back, including Currawong, that they thought that the DUM cable was superior sonically to the Moon Silver Dragon. If so then that's high praise for the DUM.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #2,045 of 4,813
Users with Yahoo and Gmail accounts may not have received order confirmations or shipping notices for the last couple of weeks, and resetting passwords would fail as well.  Our mail was being blocked at the Gmail and Yahoo server level due to a bad configuration of our DMARC files by our ISP (this is an anti spam technology that rolled out last month).  

Please do not contact me regarding your orders, use the system for updates.   I am overloaded with requests for order and shipping status and can not take care of our production and orders if I'm spending half the day on email response.  If you need updates please use your account login, if there is an issue post it here don't all send me messages.

This has not been easy, and I'm really upset with our ISP for messing this up repeatedly.  Sorry for any hassle!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #2,046 of 4,813

Well, my guess is there are some crazies like me that want a high end portable, lots of competition for high end open headphones, but there aren't many choices for portable high end.

Because almost nobody uses this anymore.  But 3rd parties can make these.

Yea I've not seen a Dual 3pin XLR out amp in a few years, though my Dac/Amp has 3pin XLR outputs those are more dac to dac than anything really 

Yes definitely interested, please let us know. I have a WyWires Red that I'm using with my LDC-X and expect to order one for my Ether C at some pointeven though I have the DUM cable which I think is excellent.  

It will be interesting to hear the sonic difference between the WuWires Red and the DUM.  I expect that they'll both end up being excellent with the differences being more a matter of taste.

FWIW, several posters had mentioned awhile back, including Currawong, that they thought that the DUM cable was superior sonically to the Moon Silver Dragon. If so then that's high praise for the DUM.

that's great to hear! ^^ I think I've said it before but I've always enjoyed Dan's presance here on Head Fi an all this praise is really about to push me over the cliff as it were xD 

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #2,047 of 4,813
Here's a few comments on the gaming edition from a German journalist we met at CES...  Sorry, I don't speak German well enough to translate.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #2,048 of 4,813
We sell gear we particularly enjoy with the headphones. We think these products are best of breed at their price points but obviously there's tons of gear that works great. It's not really a valid thing to think that only the gear we use, or design with, will work. Generally we suggest

My list of gear for voicing includes:

DACs
Schiit GMB and Yggdrasil
Auralic Vega

Amps
Cavalli Liquid Crimson, Glass
Woo WA5
Schiit Mjolnir 2

Portable
Questyle QPR1
A&K AK380
Chord Mojo
iPhone (really)

edit: (Wow, that was a really weird set of typos in the original post. I'd love to say it was a good party last night but...)

The Questyle QP1R is a phenomenal portable DAP that really makes the ETHER C sound wonderful.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #2,049 of 4,813
The Questyle QP1R is a phenomenal portable DAP that really makes the ETHER C sound wonderful.

You got that right.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #2,051 of 4,813
Yes. My order are now on the way. Thanks Dan.
And Hotmail is OK to recveive the confirmation.
Just a question, is that Ether C are good for gaming too? or a gaming edition hp is coming?

Yeap, I'd say they are. Dan posted a few articles him self from CES auditioners who enjoyed them very much with gaming! 

It seems though while they Headphone has what it needs to work well with Gaming, DSP is still helpful 

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #2,053 of 4,813
Yes. My order are now on the way. Thanks Dan.
And Hotmail is OK to recveive the confirmation.
Just a question, is that Ether C are good for gaming too? or a gaming edition hp is coming?

We are releasing a "Gamer Bundle" with Creative Lab's Soundblaster X7 sometime during Q1 this year. The only difference between that product and the ETHER C you can buy today is a custom cable with a detachable boom mic that will be sold separately as well.

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #2,054 of 4,813
  We are releasing a "Gamer Bundle" with Creative Lab's Soundblaster X7 sometime during Q1 this year. The only difference between that product and the ETHER C you can buy today is a custom cable with a detachable boom mic that will be sold separately as well.

BAM! FINALLY a high end headphone for gamers, omg high end companies for years have been ignoring us in favor of the classical music guys.

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #2,055 of 4,813

How does the mike attach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back