MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 25, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #1,277 of 2,891
Mar 25, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #1,278 of 2,891
Arg that pleases me heart. I Feel the need for some good black rum and ginger beer.:D

did me ears hear ee fellow matey give a piratey arghhh?!!?

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #1,281 of 2,891
mwhaha... how do all you alpha prime owners feel abt a new flagship? u guys arent top dog in the mr. speaker line-up anymore, but can def still claim top closed dog. I always feel a tiny bit sad when my flagship gets replaced by smtg fancier that i just NEED to have... tho cannot afford.

pm me if anyone needs grief counseling!

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #1,283 of 2,891
mwhaha... how do all you alpha prime owners feel abt a new flagship? u guys arent top dog in the mr. speaker line-up anymore, but can def still claim top closed dog. I always feel a tiny bit sad when my flagship gets replaced by smtg fancier that i just NEED to have... tho cannot afford.

pm me if anyone needs grief counseling!

The Prime is still the flagship closed phone!! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,284 of 2,891
This is really stunning news! I knew that Dan would come up with something newer and better but thought it would take longer...  When I bought my Primes on top of my Alpha Dogs I ran out of disposable funds so I resolved that I would not be able climb further up the ladder.
My salvation is that I don't need headphones as I can listen to my speaker-based system anytime. I look forward to hearing the Ether at RMAF,
but there is so much other equipment that I can't afford...

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,285 of 2,891
Wifey told me that she like the Prime and she don't use the Superlux i bought for her.Reckon I can 'gift' the Prime to her and use that as a 'license' to get the Ether for meself..That sound like a plan..from now on I gotta scrimp a little bit here and there (bye bye iDSD micro) and get me about $500 a month.By then I'll have the grand and a half.Time to get out to the sea again eh matey..Any of you guys want a Pico Power or AHA 120?

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,286 of 2,891
Dangit, was hoping it would take Dan a year+ before another speaker came out of his stables. What to do... The Ether looks really interesting but my disposable toy funds are pretty much tapped out with my recent rag and prime purchase. @ Reddog, would love to hear your take on the sound once you get yours in as we have similar setups. I'm thinking I may have to hit up Canjam to see if I can get a listen to this and Yggy.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,287 of 2,891
Dangit, was hoping it would take Dan a year+ before another speaker came out of his stables. What to do... The Ether looks really interesting but my disposable toy funds are pretty much tapped out with my recent rag and prime purchase. @ Reddog, would love to hear your take on the sound once you get yours in as we have similar setups. I'm thinking I may have to hit up Canjam to see if I can get a listen to this and Yggy.

Schiit Audio will have an ETHER at their booth this weekend. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,288 of 2,891
Are these "new drivers" similar to the Alpha Prime that are modded TR50p drivers, or something different?

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,289 of 2,891
  Schiit Audio will have an ETHER at their booth this weekend. 

(For those who can make it to the Jam) Please,please bring along (or a very clear memory of) your Primes for A-B 
beyersmile.png
 (even if it's actually closed vs open).I haven't listened to other TOTL phones so the only comparison i can stand a chance to comprehend is with the Prime.Please guys..thanks a bunch in advance.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,290 of 2,891
(For those who can make it to the Jam) Please,please bring along (or a very clear memory of) your Primes for A-B :beyersmile:  (even if it's actually closed vs open).I haven't listened to other TOTL phones so the only comparison i can stand a chance to comprehend is with the Prime.Please guys..thanks a bunch in advance.

Will do, if I get out there. My schedule is kind of tight at the moment but will definitely go if I have an opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back