MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,265 of 2,891
styling does look quite nice after watching the canjam vid. lol "musical monitor. never cold or sterile." so seems perhaps maybe a bit of warmth or subtle bass boost (which I approve of, esp for open headphones that can often sound bass-deficient)

glad to see mr. speakers doing well enough to invest in themselves and start doing their own driver product.

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #1,266 of 2,891
found out about this from email just minutes ago..now I  no longer even feel like checking out the EL-8 thread..and to think that only a few short days ago,I "sort of/kinda" said that i found my END-GAME rig with the Prime 
redface.gif
 .End of June eh..thats a few more months for the Ringgit to recovered and get back to 3:1 to USD.I have to factor in 20% import tax and soon-to-be-implemented 6% gst.And I'm gonna buy it blind (if i ever get to it,which is very likely simply because I never have an open-back HP before) just like the Prime,and I'm gonna get my proper END-GAME rig..thats fer sure.

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #1,267 of 2,891
Strange how my audiophile universe can change at a wink:D. Change can be amusing.

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #1,268 of 2,891
  cool update! though I thought Dan said himself that the T50RP driver was not really suitable for an open enclosure when commenting on the new Fostex TH500RP.

...woww... just saw the price tag ($1.5k?!) ... that seems to me getting really extreme for a pair of modded T50RP drivers even with all the cool stuff he does. (personal opinion only)

My understanding is that the new driver is twice the size of the Fostex driver and it is single sided magnet, not dual. The impedance is 23 ohms instead of the 49-51 ohms of the Fostex driver. Efficiency is 96dB/mW

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #1,269 of 2,891
Yea buying such an expensive headphone, unheard was a bit of leap of faith for me, but Dan is a master audio wizard of a audio headphone craftsman, and Thu s I trust him. I will never sell my Prime's. I want to be buried in them so I need not here Peter, at the gates of heaven, utter my blasphemous rantings as a crazed sociologist. Hey Nietzsche winking back at yea lol. Aww to much glenlevet, must go listen to the tunes. Have a goodnight sir.

No fears there for me. I'm just in the initial stages of justification and determining how. It will likely have to be the PM-1's that go. They just don't get the head time.

I see a price range listed on the website, but the spread doesn't seem to be adequate for the DUM cable. What is the range for? DUM cable. I love it!

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #1,270 of 2,891
No fears there for me. I'm just in the initial stages of justification and determining how. It will likely have to be the PM-1's that go. They just don't get the head time.

I see a price range listed on the website, but the spread doesn't seem to be adequate for the DUM cable. What is the range for? DUM cable. I love it!

The price difference is for a 6ft. vs 10ft. cable.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #1,272 of 2,891

In some ways I do not mind selling the two pirate weapons to an collector. One of the weapons was used on a schooner, and has 8 notches. I feel bad having weapon that has killed that many. Rather give my mojo to something positive like headphones.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,273 of 2,891

Users who are viewing this thread

Back