MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Nov 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #3,961 of 9,071
Nov 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #3,962 of 9,071
  whilst i was on the fence and trying to build up my $stash
this aged DT770/600 arrived at my door..for 100bucks.

Slapped on the ALPHA pads, fired up the DV336se, hohoho...glorious sound,
the bass is well focused with impact from the shape of the alpha pads i believe.
Superb isolation..Never heard this can so good b4.
(Mr Speaker should come up with more pad-variations and start another $$stream. just saying if he is not bz enough :p )
beerchug.gif

I can only imagine a one up from the Princess Leia look with the AD pads.  Seriously though, was there any difficulty installing the alpha pads on your DT770?  I'm thinking about getting the 250 version.

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #3,964 of 9,071
I can only imagine a one up from the Princess Leia look with the AD pads.  Seriously though, was there any difficulty installing the alpha pads on your DT770?  I'm thinking about getting the 250 version.

Just pull n stretch n hold n pull n stretch...one minute per cup..n u get the Princess Lea cuppy buns :)

Just shoot for the 600ohms...up the dial on yur amp :p

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3,969 of 9,071
Ordered my Alpha Dogs. This is is going be hard waiting, but I am sure it will be worth it! Now I just need to decide on the Asgard2 or Lyr with Bitfrost, anyone use these combos with the AD's yet?

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #3,970 of 9,071
Ordered the AD´s on Saturday and will use them with a Meridian Explorer (hoping it works for the first time). I´m also thinking about getting a Schiit AMP/DAC.

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #3,971 of 9,071
  Ordered my Alpha Dogs. This is is going be hard waiting, but I am sure it will be worth it! Now I just need to decide on the Asgard2 or Lyr with Bitfrost, anyone use these combos with the AD's yet?

I tried them both and the lyr was clearly better to me across the spectrum. More punchy bass and better dynamics overall. The Asgard 2 was clean and very resolving but somewhat thinner sounding than the lyr. 

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #3,973 of 9,071

I tried them both and the lyr was clearly better to me across the spectrum. More punchy bass and better dynamics overall. The Asgard 2 was clean and very resolving but somewhat thinner sounding than the lyr. 

+1 for the Lyr. I have the Alpha Dogs, Lyr & Amperex Orange Globe tubes, Grant Fidelity TD-11 DAC/ preamp, Mac Mini dedicated music server, & Decibel player for 16/44.1, 24/96 .wav files. The AD's & Lyr are a very synergistic match for me personally. Resolving, neutral sound signature with the tubes adding a touch of warmth.

Bass is very clean & powerful, not boomy or bloated. Mid & high end is detailed, but very sweet sounding without any sibilance or harshness. Non-fatiguing, extended listening sessions are a welcome result.

Unfortunately I downloaded OS Mavericks & can no longer play 24/ 192 music files, as my J Keny MK II M2 Tech Hiface USB/ SPDIF needs a new driver to play nice. Still though, the Alpha Dogs sound great even without a key component in my system.

Bravo, Dan/ Mr. Speakers ! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back