MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #3,601 of 9,071
  What do you mean by "best headphones to use outside"? I am going to use them for a mobile rig, but I could not see using them on the move. One chip of paint and I would be wanting to replace them ^_^

Brothers.
I'm that feel happy to listen to a clear sound even outside
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #3,602 of 9,071
  I can't believe these use the same driver. They sound really different! The Alpha Dog definitely has a more refined sound overall next to the Mad Dog 3.2. :-o

^ part of my playlist

I just realised the Alpha Dog doesn't have cables running from the earcup to the headband, which the Mad Dog has. The headphone looks a lot cleaner without that external cable.

As for the pads, the Alpha Dog's pads feel a lot squishier to me while being deeper as well.

Very nice photos, thanks. 

@Bolded Text - The cable running through the headband is because the original MD is single-entry. With the new universal and now the AD using dual-entry, the cable run is no longer needed. Which IMO is a plus and as you said much better looking. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #3,603 of 9,071

I just realised the Alpha Dog doesn't have cables running from the earcup to the headband, which the Mad Dog has. The headphone looks a lot cleaner without that external cable.

As for the pads, the Alpha Dog's pads feel a lot squishier to me while being deeper as well.

I agree that the dual entry headphones look cleaner since they can be separated from each other. It's a nice touch in the design department. And are you saying that the Alpha pads are different now than they are on the 3.2?

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #3,604 of 9,071
The pads are the same but the Alpha mounting system is better and allows the pad to assume the correct geometry more easily. We designed the mounting for the pad vs fitting a pad to an existing design with the Fostex.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #3,605 of 9,071
The pads are the same but the Alpha mounting system is better and allows the pad to assume the correct geometry more easily. We designed the mounting for the pad vs fitting a pad to an existing design with the Fostex.

Yeah I can imagine the alpha pads being stretched unnaturally when it has to be wrapped all the way onto the stock T50RP cups, rather than having it wedge into slits i.e. the Alpha Dogs mounting system so the pads stay slacked.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #3,606 of 9,071
Well that works. XD
I was eating lunch and pulled out my drink. If you're still wondering what the claret colour looks like, it kind of looks like the same colour as the XXX Açai-Blueberry-Pomegranate flavour Vitamin Water. That and add some sparkles in it and you've got the Alpha Dog's colour.

I tried the Alpha Dog on the bus today with the above portable rig and it sounds pretty good! The noise isolation is superb since I couldn't even fully hear the words of a couple speaking Mandarin Chinese right next to me on the bus and while walking around the university, I can barely hear the people around me.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #3,607 of 9,071
  Well that works. XD
I was eating lunch and pulled out my drink. If you're still wondering what the claret colour looks like, it kind of looks like the same colour as the XXX Açai-Blueberry-Pomegranate flavour Vitamin Water. That and add some sparkles in it and you've got the Alpha Dog's colour.

I tried the Alpha Dog on the bus today with the above portable rig and it sounds pretty good! The noise isolation is superb since I couldn't even fully hear the words of a couple speaking Mandarin Chinese right next to me on the bus and while walking around the university, I can barely hear the people around me.

homer-simpson-drooling+a.jpg

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #3,608 of 9,071
I'm really wishing now I hadn't canceled my order placed on September 15. I was having some real comfort problems with the Mad Dog I had just received; thought I was allergic to the leather maybe. Turns out it had nothing to do with the Mad Dog and some irritation on my scalp. If I hadn't, I'd have it hand within a week or so from now! 

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #3,609 of 9,071
I have a Halloween tradition in which I listen to Sunn O)))) "Monoliths and Dimensions".  Decided to see if the AD's can handle it.

Verdict: 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #3,613 of 9,071
That's called having a new headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back