MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Mar 12, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #8,674 of 9,071
Sorry to report that the result was: no, it's not worthwhile to upgrade. 

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #8,675 of 9,071

Correction: MrSpeakers has determined that it's not feasible for them to offer the upgrade.  However, it is ABSOLUTELY worthwhile to the user to upgrade to the Primes - IMO anyway.  I highly recommend that if you like the Alpha Dogs, buy some Primes as soon as you can because they are that much better.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #8,676 of 9,071

Correction: MrSpeakers has determined that it's not feasible for them to offer the upgrade.  However, it is ABSOLUTELY worthwhile to the user to upgrade to the Primes - IMO anyway.  I highly recommend that if you like the Alpha Dogs, buy some Primes as soon as you can because they are that much better.

How's that a correction? A person is allowed to judge that the "upgrade" isn't worthwhile without needing to be corrected. It's ok if the AP is a divisive headphone.

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #8,677 of 9,071

+1 Well said sir. The Alpha Prime is a fantastic headphones and I would not hesitate to get another pair. I enjoyed my Alpha Dogs but the AP's are great. I wish the audio wizards, at MrSpeakers could had found a way to upgrade an existing AD to an AP but it was not feasible.

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #8,678 of 9,071
How's that a correction? A person is allowed to judge that the "upgrade" isn't worthwhile without needing to be corrected. It's ok if the AP is a divisive headphone.

I have never considered the Alpha Prime's to be divisive.

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #8,679 of 9,071

I have never considered the Alpha Prime's to be divisive.

That's not really my point. Think of my claim this way. Suppose the AP is divisive: That's ok. You can still like it, you can still think it's great. Not everyone needs to feel the same way about the headphone. In the present case, an individual member can offer his own judgment without someone magisterially "correcting" him. There are people who really don't like the AP: So what? There are people who really don't like the HD800, or the HE-560. I still judge those to be superb headphones.

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #8,680 of 9,071
That's not really my point. Think of my claim this way. Suppose the AP is divisive: That's ok. You can still like it, you can still think it's great. Not everyone needs to feel the same way about the headphone. In the present case, an individual member can offer his own judgment without someone magisterially "correcting" him. There are people who really don't like the AP: So what? There are people who really don't like the HD800, or the HE-560. I still judge those to be superb headphones.

Ahh I see your point.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #8,681 of 9,071

The question was if the upgrade program was available, and someone said it was determined to be not "worthwhile."  That is false.  The fact is that the upgrade program was discontinued because it did not make financial sense from the manufacturer's perspective.  This has nothing to do with the subjective statement of an upgrade being "worthwhile."

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #8,682 of 9,071

The question was if the upgrade program was available, and someone said it was determined to be not "worthwhile."  That is false.  The fact is that the upgrade program was discontinued because it did not make financial sense from the manufacturer's perspective.  This has nothing to do with the subjective statement of an upgrade being "worthwhile."

From the way you tell it here, it sounds like you took the "worthwhile" subjectively. I guess that's why you immediately followed your objective "correction" with a shill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back