MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
May 16, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #7,081 of 9,071
So should we get a notice or something?  Still showing processing on #2304.  They are getting shipped to my office so being able to track the order is important, due to my receiving department. 

You should get a notice on email or the website that gives you that information. I am 2321 and have gotten my tracking, but the number is not activated by USPS yet

May 17, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #7,085 of 9,071
Just a word of warning, don't get the Qinpu A-6000 MKII for this headphone. I already owned and it was hoping to drive my ADs with them and it distorts at a very low volume.

I have just ordered an Asgard 2 per Dan's advice. (He recommended I also check out the Project Ember amp)

I wanted to ask if you guys think my Fiio e17 (as DAC only) is significantly holding back my setup.

May 17, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #7,087 of 9,071
I listen to my dogs in bed next to my sleeping girlfriend fairly often and she has not punched me yet, might need to rotate the pads to achieve a better seal maybe?

Did not know I could rotate the pads !  I will try to work on the seal to see if I can reduce leaking...

Also I found that the connector of the Left cup do not "click" like the Right Cup does.  One very sharply click when I insert the cable while with the other I need to manually push the outer ring in the lock position ti get it locked.  And this hapend with booth cables (I ordered 2 cables: 1 balanced XLR and one SE 1/4 jack). And if I reverse Left-Right cable, it is still the Left cup that do not click.  So I definitively have somethinh wrong with the conector of the Left Cup.  

Once the cable is engaged and locked-in, everything is fine and do not disturb the listening, but...

Anyone else experienced this ? 

May 17, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #7,088 of 9,071

Did not know I could rotate the pads !  I will try to work on the seal to see if I can reduce leaking...

Also I found that the connector of the Left cup do not "click" like the Right Cup does.  One very sharply click when I insert the cable while with the other I need to manually push the outer ring in the lock position ti get it locked.  And this hapend with booth cables (I ordered 2 cables: 1 balanced XLR and one SE 1/4 jack). And if I reverse Left-Right cable, it is still the Left cup that do not click.  So I definitively have somethinh wrong with the conector of the Left Cup.  

Once the cable is engaged and locked-in, everything is fine and do not disturb the listening, but...

Anyone else experienced this ? 

If it locks but doesn't click, there's probably a little extra paint inside the jack; it should wear over time and the click will occur, but as long as you're locking there's no practical effect.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 17, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #7,089 of 9,071

If it locks but doesn't click, there's probably a little extra paint inside the jack; it should wear over time and the click will occur, but as long as you're locking there's no practical effect.

thanks. I will check carefully what's inside.

you'r not sleeping! Is it late now on the other part of the ocean !  go to bed my Friend, we need you to stay in good shape... to bring us some more great products !  
wink.gif

May 17, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #7,090 of 9,071
  - Isolation is not as good as I expected: people around still can hear what I am listening to 
frown.gif
  !  This is unfortunate because Isolation was the main reason while I needed an extra Headphone besides my TH900.  Of course it isolate better than the TH-900 but still way less than my Roxane IEMs or my wife's Focal spirit One.  So…in bed I will still have to use my IEMs or the Focal Spirit One if I want to listen while my wife sleep…

What sound pressure levels are you listening at?  If you don't know you should check in case you're damaging your hearing.
I have developed habit of progressively reducing sound levels, which conversely results in hearing becoming more sensitive.
High sound pressure levels cause your ears to respond by limiting their sensitivity, which is similar to dynamic compression.

May 17, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #7,091 of 9,071

What sound pressure levels are you listening at?  If you don't know you should check in case you're damaging your hearing.
I have developed habit of progressively reducing sound levels, which conversely results in hearing becoming more sensitive.
High sound pressure levels cause your ears to respond by limiting their sensitivity, which is similar to dynamic compression.

I will take your advice into consideration. May be I listen to loud ...

May 17, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #7,092 of 9,071

I wanted to ask if you guys think my Fiio e17 (as DAC only) is significantly holding back my setup.

Compared to a better amp, a better DAC will probably give a more subtle change, but there's a good bit of room for improvement coming from the E17 if you want to get closer to maxing out what the AD can do.

May 17, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #7,093 of 9,071

+1  More people who listen to music, especially with hp's, should heed this advice. 

May 17, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #7,094 of 9,071
These Alpha Dogs are truly awesome headphones! The mind boggles when you consider that they started out as a T50RP. Dan really made a silk purse out of a sows ear
beerchug.gif

I love the balance and neutrality but I really also love how they still provide the essence, energy and vibrancy of the music....nothing is suppressed or exaggerated, and there are no hi-fi sonic cartwheels that distract you from your music enjoyment.

For those on a $600 budget who have adequate amplification on hand, this might be your "final" headphone......it truly provides happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back