MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Jan 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #5,116 of 9,071
Dan, that... sounds weird.

I'll just check my mailbox every day.  Every day.  EVERY DAY.

While I've been waiting for my AD's, which I really don't expect until the middle of February or so, I've been looking at amps.  Pulled the trigger on the WA7 Fireflies.

Don't expect to get THAT until the end of this month.  :frowning2:

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #5,117 of 9,071
  Dan, that... sounds weird.

I'll just check my mailbox every day.  Every day.  EVERY DAY.

While I've been waiting for my AD's, which I really don't expect until the middle of February or so, I've been looking at amps.  Pulled the trigger on the WA7 Fireflies.

Don't expect to get THAT until the end of this month.  :frowning2:

Schiit Lyr is a better amp for the AD than WA7, IMO.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #5,120 of 9,071
As of today we're into orders placed on Nov 24.  That was a very big day for orders!  

By early next week we should be into the first week of Dec.  Shipments will halt while I'm in Austin for the Head-Fi meet.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #5,122 of 9,071
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #5,123 of 9,071
Wow, today must have been a huge shipping day for you Dan cause I just received my shipping notice from PayPal & my order was from the 21st! So Happy! ...and I'm one of the 1st to get the new paint job - not sure if that's good or bad!

Anyway they're making great progress if they're shipping from at least the 21st-24th. There should be a lot of happy HeadFiers around here!:darthsmile:

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #5,125 of 9,071
We shipped a lot of phones this week....  

It's still the same painter, we do the finish work here, but we've been doing that for almost two months.  The cutover will be some time in late Feb or early March, but as I said they'll be working with us and we won't move the painting until we have the quality down cold.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #5,126 of 9,071

Syrupy!? 

OK, I'll keep the editorial out.  The particular Lyr / tubes I heard were a bit warm for me, and that is based on long term memory, so disregard as you see fit.

The Lyr provides more juice for the planars than the WA7. 

Very true.  I have a Burson Soloist SL.  It has 0.18 Watts on low gain, and 2.0 on high gain, measured into 8 ohms, so much less into the Alphas, probably.  I use low gain most of the time...  Sometimes, I think power is over-rated.  I'm not so sure headphones are like muscle cars, where too much power is not anywhere near enough...  My opinion of course.  I know lots of folks like lots of power with the AD's and other planars.

That'll depend on the tubes.  

Very true.  I've only heard two Lyr's, one stock, one with rolled tubes.  It's been over a year, so my comments are likely suspect.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #5,127 of 9,071
  I'm getting AD's soon enough, I've done some reading and I'm stuck between buying a schiit asgard 2 or vali, any advice out there?

It kinda depends on your musical tastes.   If it is mostly modern music with electronic instruments, then the Vali can be fun.    If it is a lot of "old school" music with acoustic instruments, then the "monotone" quality of the Vali and its shallow soundstage is going to dull the great timbre and improved soundstage of the Alpha Dog.

I have not heard the Asgard 2, but have read good things about it, especially in that price range.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #5,128 of 9,071

It kinda depends on your musical tastes.   If it is mostly modern music with electronic instruments, then the Vali can be fun.    If it is a lot of "old school" music with acoustic instruments, then the "monotone" quality of the Vali and its shallow soundstage is going to dull the great timbre and improved soundstage of the Alpha Dog.

I have not heard the Asgard 2, but have read good things about it, especially in that price range.

I mostly listen to rock/metal/alternative, along with some oldschool hip-hop. I've mainly been replaying radiohead's entire discography lately. Guess I should've mentioned what I listen to in the previous post, my bad!

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #5,129 of 9,071
  Since I get multiple requests a day, this is pretty relevant information for everyone who asks "where is my tracking information..."  

I finally found out why some people get tracking and some don't.  When a purchase is made, if you use an email address registered with PayPal get a shipping notification (even if you pay with a credit card).  However, PayPal doesn't email shipping notices to email addresses that are NOT already registered to a PayPal account.  PayPal made it clear to me they won't change this and it is not a "bug."

So for what it is worth, when you create an account or make a purchase through our store, even if you are using a credit card, if you have an email address linked to a PayPal account please use that to ensure you get tracking info.

Thanks, PayPal.  :frowning2:

Just to give you a data point (I am not worried about it)

I ordered mine on the 22nd, and used the same Paypal email, but I do did not get a shipping notification.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #5,130 of 9,071
isnt it sexy ?!

my setup : cowon d2 dab + alo audio international = ALPHA DOGS

thanks to dan again and to the guy who made my cable more portable in 5minutes...

and again thanks to the guy who sad that maybe shortining the leather strapband could improve comfort and sound.
he is right. comfort is now really better. im a big head i think.

regards from germany

and to the others :  All good things come to those who wait ! 

nice hifi neutrik adapter found in local store
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3505/xlgxm8d9_jpg.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back