MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Jan 16, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #5,131 of 9,071
  We shipped a lot of phones this week....  

It's still the same painter, we do the finish work here, but we've been doing that for almost two months.  The cutover will be some time in late Feb or early March, but as I said they'll be working with us and we won't move the painting until we have the quality down cold.

Dan - Do you have a feel for when you guys will start accepting Mad Dogs for upgrade to Alpha Dogs? 

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #5,132 of 9,071
  Dan - Do you have a feel for when you guys will start accepting Mad Dogs for upgrade to Alpha Dogs? 

They already are.  I was in the first batch... I shipped my MD to Dan yesterday.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #5,133 of 9,071

Just like stated above me Dan has just started the upgrade program and the first 10 received emails were sentout. If you are looking for specifics Dan announced it on pg. 339.  

I was in the first 10 and mine arrived there today. Now the waiting begins.....

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #5,136 of 9,071

Schiit Lyr is a better amp for the AD than WA7, IMO.

I don't agree.I perfectly know everyone hears things differently but I prefered WA7 with EH tubes over Schiit stack with 3 different tubes sets I have tried because of clarity

One should consider an amp with one set of tubes, to be an entirely different amp, than the same amp with a different set of tubes.

For example, the Bellari with its stock new production Chinese tube, could not be more different than the Bellari with a 1960s German tube...

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #5,137 of 9,071
Just wanted to shamelessly plug yet another amp for the Alpha Dog: http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_004.htm

Not that I've heard the pairing with the Alpha Dog, just throwing it out there an an option.
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #5,140 of 9,071
  IMHO, the WA7 is a great amp for the dynamic hps but not so great for the planar magnetic hps.

wow.  There's actually something we could agree on.  
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #5,143 of 9,071
I will have my Lyr at the Austin meet with some Orange Globes.  I think it is a very nice, and fun fun combo; sweet, detailed and extended.  The Uber card on the BiFrost is super transparent and clean, I really enjoy it on many different amps.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back