MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Apr 9, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #6,481 of 9,071
Pirate edition...arrrrg. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #6,482 of 9,071
Ahh I want my ADs so bad, hopefully not much longer.

its going to feel like forever

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #6,483 of 9,071
We're working red today to get Red orders hopefully through the first week of March by the end of this week, and another batch of black as well.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #6,484 of 9,071
  We're working red today to get Red orders hopefully through the first week of March by the end of this week, and another batch of black as well.

nice!
Little ways off my order yet but getting closer, much excitement
popcorn.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #6,485 of 9,071
  In the wild!!!!!

Well, it's been a long wait for these........but I think it was well worth it.  After picking these up this morning, I wanted to share a photo of these in the wild.  I think I may be the first since I'm in San Diego.........could be wrong though.  They really are beautiful.  This is was taken with a Nexus 5, so don't expect too much.  The sparkle is really nice, depending on how the light hits, it could look anywhere from cobalt blueish to grey, it really is amazing seeing the color change.  I had ordered these back in February when the matte black was offered because I just don't like red.....when I learned of the matte black not being a go I had some reservations..............that isn't a concern anymore.......lol.  Thanks Dan!!

Oh My!  Great photos, beautiful headphone!  Congrats.  Dan - really, really nice!

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #6,488 of 9,071
It's a quite interesting paint.  In direct sunlight it's black with colored sparkles.  In office light it can be a midnight blue or a super-dark green/black with silver highlights.  It's imperfect to call it black, though the paint maker describes it this way.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #6,491 of 9,071
  In the wild!!!!!

Well, it's been a long wait for these........but I think it was well worth it.  After picking these up this morning, I wanted to share a photo of these in the wild.  I think I may be the first since I'm in San Diego.........could be wrong though.  They really are beautiful.  This is was taken with a Nexus 5, so don't expect too much.  The sparkle is really nice, depending on how the light hits, it could look anywhere from cobalt blueish to grey, it really is amazing seeing the color change.  I had ordered these back in February when the matte black was offered because I just don't like red.....when I learned of the matte black not being a go I had some reservations..............that isn't a concern anymore.......lol.  Thanks Dan!!

WOW! That wait was totally worth it huh?? I ordered mine yesterday and now I have to wait too! I really want to hear this in person if you get the chance to be free some time soon. Those pics really show how the black changes in the light. Really these have to be the most beautiful headphones I've ever seen. Personal preference but Black > Claret

Sorry about quoting the pictures. They take up a lot of space; well deserved space : ] Like staring into the Milky Way galaxy

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #6,492 of 9,071
I have been really, really tired of all the color discussion on this thread.  But that new 'black' looks seriously awesome.  How in the world did matte trump that in the initial voting?

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #6,493 of 9,071
  I have been really, really tired of all the color discussion on this thread.  But that new 'black' looks seriously awesome.  How in the world did matte trump that in the initial voting?

Hehe well then why not create an impressions thread if all you want are people's opinions on the sound itself. Cmon that black is seriously a game changer. People voted for this or the matte? I thought that this metallic black was the result of Dan not being satisfied with the Matte finish?

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #6,494 of 9,071

Hehe well then why not create an impressions thread if all you want are people's opinions on the sound itself. Cmon that black is seriously a game changer. People voted for this or the matte? I thought that this metallic black was the result of Dan not being satisfied with the Matte finish?

I'm with you.  When I see something this good looking, the color discussions make sense!

And Dan should keep making the decisions going forward...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back