MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Apr 7, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #6,436 of 9,071
Just placed my order for the black Alpha Dogs. Now for the anxious wait and forum stalking 
jecklinsmile.gif

I've already been trying to picture in my head the new black Alpha Dogs with a DHC Molecule cable 
biggrin.gif

Just from looking at the one picture Dan put up they already look sexier than the Fostex TH900s IMO

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #6,437 of 9,071
Hey Dan just checking with you but I talked to you a few days ago by email to get my ADs changed to the red. But I still received the email saying if no reply in 24 hours glossy black etc etc. And when I check my account it still says matte black. Just making sure this is normal.

PS. Account name is Tiege_McCarthy.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #6,438 of 9,071
Hey Dan just checking with you but I talked to you a few days ago by email to get my ADs changed to the red. But I still received the email saying if no reply in 24 hours glossy black etc etc. And when I check my account it still says matte black. Just making sure this is normal.

PS. Account name is Tiege_McCarthy.

Order updated.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #6,439 of 9,071
Thank you kindly!

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #6,440 of 9,071
A little more on the black.   There are different shades of black, which most often can skew toward green, brown, purple or blue.  We chose one that in most light looks gray/black, but at dusk it seems a bit more midnight blue/touch of very deep green.  It's an interesting and beautiful paint.  We'll try to do a quality photo shoot soon (or hope one of the recipients is a camera buff).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #6,441 of 9,071
Been so busy with moving and not internet outside the phone that I forgot a second time to upgrade to the Alpha. I think the dark side has won - black dogs it is.

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #6,442 of 9,071
That's a great description of the black ADs. So much so I'm alllmost color jealous. Though not quite. I have the claret en route this week, possibly in a couple of days, and I'm stoked to see them in person, not to mention spend hours jammin that night. March was a long month when all I could do was lurk this thread for tidbits to idle away my time.

I know I'm a n00b on this site but I will certainly post my own initial impressions. I haven't listened to a closed set of phones in years so I feel like I'm in for a real treat.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #6,443 of 9,071
For people who switched from the matte black to the red are we just in at the back of the red queue or is our order slotted in with red orders made at the same time? Just trying to figure when I should start getting hyped :)

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #6,444 of 9,071
For people who switched from the matte black to the red are we just in at the back of the red queue or is our order slotted in with red orders made at the same time? Just trying to figure when I should start getting hyped
smily_headphones1.gif

Simply date order received.  Seems fair to everyone.

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #6,446 of 9,071
hey I am curious how long it takes to make one AD.
redface.gif

My buddy ordered a claret a month ago and hasnt gotten his yet. I know there was a hold up with the black but I am just curious cause I dont fully understand. That is why I take detours everytime I think about getting one. I am indecisive and something grabs me and I think .."well I will get the AD later because I have to wait for it... lemme try this one out."

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #6,447 of 9,071
Has anyone preferred the sound of the Mad Dogs over the Alphas? If so, what makes you prefer them? Thanks!

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #6,448 of 9,071
I now have my Alpha Dog for more than a month and I'm still a fan!
However a small note : I find the angle of the pads too pronounced. I spend my time pressing on it to make the headphones parallel to my head, which is a little annoying.

Do you have any ideas about this?  But I do not think there is a satisfactory solution (I've tried to adjust the pressure of the headband yet). It comes from the pads.

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #6,449 of 9,071
Allow me to ask again (sorry) before I do the plunge for an AlphaDOG:   I still need to chose between a LCD-XC, SigPRO  and an AlphaDOG  to complement my TH-900 when I cannot afford to disturb the people around.(in very quiet environment)
-->  So, could someone confirm that the Alpha  Leak much less than LCD-XC  ( or even a SigPRO ) ? 

thanks a lot for your advices...

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #6,450 of 9,071
The Alpha Dog and Signature Pro/DJ leak practically nil if you are not blasting music up to very high volume levels. By comparison to both my TH600 can be slightly heard across the room from me listening to them, as long as the room has no TV/Radio or anything on. Sitting next to me you could understand the music. I believe I listen at a loud level compared to some on here, the AD or Signature headphones cannot be heard from even next to me when worn unless they were at very very high volume - which was too loud for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back