MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Apr 3, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #6,376 of 9,071
Yeah its a darker red. One of my favorite things though is if the sunlight hits the headphones just right it has a really beautiful sparkle to it. 

I have not seen many high end headphones in my life, but I would have a really hard time believing a headphone would have a better finish than red ADs. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #6,377 of 9,071
Well you guys have convinced me I think, will check if any photos up of black tomorrow and if not I will go the red I reckon.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #6,378 of 9,071
  Yeah its a darker red. One of my favorite things though is if the sunlight hits the headphones just right it has a really beautiful sparkle to it. 

I have not seen many high end headphones in my life, but I would have a really hard time believing a headphone would have a better finish than red ADs. 

Only the W3000ANV or W5000 and perhaps the TH900 were up there for finish. The W5000 was the most beautiful headphone I've ever seen - photos do no justice!

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #6,379 of 9,071
  Is the red dark in person? As I much prefer the look of it in photos where it is like a rich dark red wine colour
beyersmile.png

such as in the pictures linked in this thread with it next to the TH900.

I took that picture, and I think Alpha Dog red is even darker than TH900.
Both color is incredible nice to look at.

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #6,380 of 9,071
  I took that picture, and I think Alpha Dog red is even more darker than TH900.
Both color is incredible nice to look at.

Well that's good to hear :)
I'm sure I wont be dissapointed!

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #6,382 of 9,071
I have to say I love the color and finish on my th900's....it's kind of their signature....some may say that it is also the alpha dogs too....but surely the failed matt black is the opportunity to define an instant unique colour for the alpha....dark seems to be popular with everyone on this thread for the second colour, so how about a really dark green, bronze or blue, which comes to life in the sun but looks almost black indoors....everybody happy....instant classic the result....just my 2 pence.

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #6,383 of 9,071
Might have to organise to get my order switched over then
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #6,386 of 9,071

No, I haven't touched EQ at all ever since I purchased my first STX over two years ago.
I did actually find out what the problem was though (I think anyway).  I was wrong about them having the same drivers.  They did have the same drivers for the longest time, and I forgot that I actually updated my Windows 8 system to the latest drivers that support Windows 8.  The problem is that those drivers don't actually seem to function as good as the previous (Win 7 compat mode) drivers, so I simply reverted back to the older drivers and it actually sounds a lot better on my newer system now.

Using the Unified driver too btw, not those supported by Asus.

You guys realize that the STX has a headphone amp right?  Most around here also think it's pretty damn good.

The STX does have a good amp section, although most guys just poo poo anything thats not a high end name brand. I've got a number of high end phones and amps and am currently using the creative ZxR with my senn 800's and ps1000's and it does a great job. The TPA6120 of the STX is the same in the ZxR. They sound great as long as they are shielded properly. I use my burson 160d quite a bit and can't really tell much of a difference between it or the ZxR. The 6120 will put out close to 1W which is enough for most phones. I've tried some HE-500's on mine and it sounded fine. You'll find many opinions but they are all just that, opinions. If you like it? Who has the right to tell you otherwise. :)

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #6,387 of 9,071
Just saw my mad dogs got delivered this morning to SD! Can't wait for them to come back as Alphas! Too bad about the matte black, i wonder if the metallic black is worth the wait or i stick with reds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back