MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #1,681 of 2,583
I was also looking for a balanced cable for my fiio Q5. If you feel broke like me these days (a.k.a stock market), take a look at Ebay. It looks like there are some decent occ/ofc cables around $70 from a seller with a high rating.
LOL. I am broke. Just bought a Mjolnir a few days ago and a Gumby like 5 minutes ago. I'll check it out man as I need to start looking at pennies saved. :)

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #1,682 of 2,583
I'm looking into getting a balanced cable for the AFO and just PM'd a guy who's selling both the Dummer and the Dum cable. My question to him? What's the difference between Dum and Dummer? WTHWIT? Can't wait for the answer as if it were me?... I'd be a smarta$$.

On a more serious note, other then getting a balanced cable from MrSpeakers store, any cheaper quality cables that anyone can recommend?

I was also looking for a balanced cable for my fiio Q5. If you feel broke like me these days (a.k.a stock market), take a look at Ebay. It looks like there are some decent occ/ofc cables around $70 from a seller with a high rating.

This must be the one you're referring to:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-MR-SPEA...996086?hash=item2854c6a3f6:g:ge0AAOSwQN5aZj-G

I have actually bought a balanced cable from Venus for my Elear, and I was surprised at the quality. No issues at all.

I'm not one who is a big believer in massive sound changes from cables, but this one seems really well built, and I have no issues at all with it.

I hope that helps.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #1,683 of 2,583
This must be the one you're referring to:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-MR-SPEA...996086?hash=item2854c6a3f6:g:ge0AAOSwQN5aZj-G

I have actually bought a balanced cable from Venus for my Elear, and I was surprised at the quality. No issues at all.

I'm not one who is a big believer in massive sound changes from cables, but this one seems really well built, and I have no issues at all with it.

I hope that helps.

Yes, I looked into that one. Also, there is another one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112477464922?var=412862822921

It looks aesthetically better, though I am unsure which one would be better in terms of quality.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #1,685 of 2,583
Thanx guys. Many choices and in my wheelhouse price wise. I definitely don't need any $300 cables. Just something with descent quality that gets me to balanced. I also need one for my Elears and then the HE 560. The rest stay SE. Decisions.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,686 of 2,583
Thanx guys. Many choices and in my wheelhouse price wise. I definitely don't need any $300 cables. Just something with descent quality that gets me to balanced. I also need one for my Elears and then the HE 560. The rest stay SE. Decisions.
You only have yourself to blame.

I told you to buy the new Lyr. Would have saved money on the amp AND the cables.

Someday people will listen to me.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #1,687 of 2,583

I told you to buy the new Lyr. Would have saved money on the amp AND the cables.

I have only read great things so far about the Lyr3, I only worry a bit about the brightness.

I know it's resolving, but it's not usually described as warm. I'm guessing from your enthusiasm it's a good pairing with the AFO?

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #1,688 of 2,583

Never! :) I'm loving the Mjolnir immensely and it really is a pretty big upgrade from the LYR2. I'm sure the LYR3 will be absolutely fantastic but I'm really happy with what I got. With the Gumby coming, I KNOW I've reached my endgame. I just don't and won't need anything else.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #1,689 of 2,583
I have only read great things so far about the Lyr3, I only worry a bit about the brightness.

I know it's resolving, but it's not usually described as warm. I'm guessing from your enthusiasm it's a good pairing with the AFO?

Thanks!
No brightness. At all.

Listening to the AFO with no tuning pads in place.
Never! :) I'm loving the Mjolnir immensely and it really is a pretty big upgrade from the LYR2. I'm sure the LYR3 will be absolutely fantastic but I'm really happy with what I got. With the Gumby coming, I KNOW I've reached my endgame. I just don't and won't need anything else.
Everything is a big upgrade from the Lyr 2.

I may have mentioned that once...or twice...or a hundred times. :deadhorse:

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #1,690 of 2,583
I have to say the Mjo/Gumby combo was one of the best things I heard at CanJam NYC (unfortunately not with the AFO, but my Eikon). I was totally enthralled and could definitely see myself with that as an endgame myself.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #1,692 of 2,583
Famous last words. . ."I've reached my endgame". I'm realizing that there is no endgame. It's the Hotel California.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #1,693 of 2,583
Famous last words. . ."I've reached my endgame". I'm realizing that there is no endgame. It's the Hotel California.

Ha, so true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back