Most overrated IEM?
Mar 10, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #32 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure SE310.........

AMEN. I tried them and I thought, oh these are nice....but why did the bass run away into the corner and cry.....oh it's not crying....it's not there. At that point I seriously questioned my purchase. I think their very nature makes them a classic example of an 'anemic' IEM

Mar 10, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #33 of 120
I would say SE530. Shallow bass, recessed treble, and the mid that so many praise is way too rough and coarse for me as well.

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #34 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch S4 (quite proficient technically but lack balance and refinement; craze seems to be dying down now)

Yeah, I don't know who
devil_face.gif
could be crazy enough to rate these as the second-best sounding earphone under $100.

Quote:

According to head-fi rules MOTs are forbidden from discussing competitors' products in a negative light due to potential conflicts of interest.

Oops.

Actually, even rules aside, it's just bad professional courtesy to trash talk other companies. The community is simply too small and it's only going to backfire.

And anyway, the MOTs all seem to be awesomest dudes and dudettes you'll ever meet! I guess it helps when you're able to turn your hobby (ok, passion!) into a paid gig.

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #35 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I don't know who
devil_face.gif
could be crazy enough to rate these as the second-best sounding earphone under $100.

Well to be honest there are much worse-sounding earphones out there (heck, I'm using some right now and they come from a very respected name). Just none that were so highly praised
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #38 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by okur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ain't there anybody called the name Bose yet?
biggrin.gif

Well it depends who the subjects are =P Among Head-fi of course, using Bose is taboo. Among the general public though... I want to shout out to all the Bose-wearers on campus "PLEASE!! STOP!!! OHH THE HUMANITYYY!" =P Jk.

Actually, I went to the apple store the other day, tested out all their models, which were Beats Studio and Solo, Bose on Ears, QC15, and some senheisser noise cancelling on-ears. To my surprise, the QC15 clearly sounded better than every other headphone there, and the isolation was excellent. Not 300 bucks worthy though, in SQ and build quality, at least. The on-ears were horrendous lol. But in-store testing isn't fair. The QC15s were a pleasant surprise.

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #39 of 120
For me: IE8. Like already said, overpowering bass with recessed mids and veiled at the top end.

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #40 of 120
Wesc Oboe ^^
Had a listen to them last time in a shop, just to see what all those young people liked about them: JESUS, now THAT is crap! The design definitely suxxx big time, and I mean from a practical point of view. It is a real torture to wear, and the sound is ....well, let's say it is up to my expectations, haha!
And all this for only +65€ where I live!!!!
By the way, love my IE8
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #45 of 120
My vote goes to NuForce NE7M and the Klipsch S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back