Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #7,201 of 11,979
When it says your Blessing 2: Dusk are "Out for Delivery".

giphy.gif

Mar 12, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #7,202 of 11,979
Mar 14, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #7,204 of 11,979
Good iems, but I find the price point to be kind of meh. I'd rather go half the price and get a Tin T2 plus and save up for a blessing 2 or dusk, especially since the moondrop's paint job chips off.
My Starfield is just fine though, I feel that’s just one of the stereotypical trends going on with it, how many Starfield are sold on amazon? How many of them had issues? The sales volume of Starfield is one of the biggest ones, and of course there are QC issues.

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #7,205 of 11,979
I don’t have paint chipping problems either. Yeah, when you have such an excellent performing IEM, like the Starfield, at that price point you will move tons of units. A problem rate of a percent point or two means complaints will happen.

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #7,207 of 11,979
I'm pretty sure that, when treated with care, the paint will not chip (soon) - at least I haven't had any of those issues with my Campfire Audio Andromeda (for which I use a different, self-made storage case as the one they originally came with, in my opinion, provokes chipping as well as dust entering the nozzles) and Starfield.

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #7,208 of 11,979
Mar 16, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #7,209 of 11,979
Mar 17, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #7,210 of 11,979
I am quite interested in the Dusk but possible fit issues hold me back from a purchase. Some reviewers mention how the wide nozzles are an issue for them. If I am comfortably using medium tips on the Starfield would I likely be comfortable with the B2/Dusk?

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #7,211 of 11,979
I am quite interested in the Dusk but possible fit issues hold me back from a purchase. Some reviewers mention how the wide nozzles are an issue for them. If I am comfortably using medium tips on the Starfield would I likely be comfortable with the B2/Dusk?
I have rather small ears and after some tip rolling I found that Spinfit CP145 gave a good and quite comfortable fit.
I can still sometimes feel the fat nozzle, but it’s no big issue. The tip is very soft and adapts very well to the ear.

Mar 21, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #7,212 of 11,979
Regarding the Blessing 2 critique about wearing-comfort and too large nozzle:

My gf uses spinfit S tips, for her it feels super comfortable even with glasses and facemask worn as well . Long listening sessions like 8 hours no problem....Of course more generic designs fit even more people , but the b2 resin shell has good noise canceling and comfort at the same time.

Btw according to her she has the narrowest ear canals ever und usually uses only uses tipless earbuds, but this one did it. The cable is pure silver, and looks just like her braid, and that's the story how you get your gf or the ladies into your nerdy hobby. 😋😉

To Moondrop : more "feminine" designs eg in the wood plates (colors) in general would be appreciated, we kind of want the classic retro look back, instead of those stupid mostly ugly BT ones.Plus gold plated cables or silver ones is like jewelry to them, would be awesome to make audiophile IEMs more popular in Europe.
Kerstin~01.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #7,214 of 11,979
TRN T3 , bought from the official Ali store .
I know the limpid one is always recommend around here, but I got the T3 on discount, about 22 USD.

Anyway I don't hear any difference, but I also didn't do a direct comparison with my way more expensive pure copper cable.the handling though is excellent and virtually no microphonics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back