Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #7,186 of 11,979
Here's my Dusk Review: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2021/03/moondrop-x-crinacle-blessing-2-dusk.html

P1050035.JPG

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #7,188 of 11,979
I'm currently using the Spinfit CP100 on the Starfield and wow does it make a difference sound-wise. I was using Tin HiFi's foam tips previously cause the Starfield's stock eartips wasn't a great fit for my ears so I had to resort to the foam tips from my T3.

After being recommended to get the Spinfit, I bought it and had good listen for the entire day today and boy does it bring out the bass and the soundstage from this eartips. Didn't expect some sound improvements from it. Will be enjoying the Starfield even more now!

Mar 10, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #7,189 of 11,979
I'm currently using the Spinfit CP100 on the Starfield and wow does it make a difference sound-wise. I was using Tin HiFi's foam tips previously cause the Starfield's stock eartips wasn't a great fit for my ears so I had to resort to the foam tips from my T3.

After being recommended to get the Spinfit, I bought it and had good listen for the entire day today and boy does it bring out the bass and the soundstage from this eartips. Didn't expect some sound improvements from it. Will be enjoying the Starfield even more now!
Yeah, a good seal and comfortable fit can make a night and day difference.

Mar 11, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #7,191 of 11,979
Yeah, a good seal and comfortable fit can make a night and day difference.
Yeah! It's actually my first time getting these eartips since I've always used stock tips. It's really worth it in the end for the long run.
Although I generally don't like foam tips, they work great for Starfield and SSR / SSP. The high-treble on SF hasn't sharp lift anymore. They also make better fit.
It was quite decent pairing the starfield with my T3's foam tips and it sounded good and comfortable. The Spinfit just suits better for me overall personally and soundwise.

Mar 11, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #7,192 of 11,979
Just got the SSP. So small and comfortable. First Moondrop product for me.

IMG20210311164753.jpg

1 Vrms is not enough to drive these. With the iPhone 5s, bass is slow and bloated and vocals sound thin and unnatural. With the cheapo SD01 amplifier, bass is fast, tight and punchy and vocals are much better. But I do find female vocals sound a bit weird on these.

Any recommendations for an upgrade cable under 40 USD, preferably under 20? Tips? Planning to invest in these as initial listen is very positive.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #7,193 of 11,979

IMG20210311164753.jpg

1 Vrms is not enough to drive these. With the iPhone 5s, bass is slow and bloated and vocals sound thin and unnatural. With the cheapo SD01 amplifier, bass is fast, tight and punchy and vocals are much better. But I do find female vocals sound a bit weird on these.

Any recommendations for an upgrade cable under 40 USD, preferably under 20? Tips? Planning to invest in these as initial listen is very positive.
KBEar Rhyme, Nicehck 8 core, Nicehck/KbEar Litz, Faaeal Litz. All of them are very good and under 20.

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #7,194 of 11,979
KBEar Rhyme, Nicehck 8 core, Nicehck/KbEar Litz, Faaeal Litz. All of them are very good and under 20.
Thanks a lot! I'll check which one I can get with the best deal.

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #7,195 of 11,979

IMG20210311164753.jpg

I like SSP with single crystal copper cable. Treble isn't so bright and there is a more details. Cheap one is good enough...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001146012183.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dEnvchi

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #7,196 of 11,979

IMG20210311164753.jpg

They are a nice pair but very power hungry despite the requirements on the box. But with their small size and pleasant sound there is a reason these have a place on my nightstand.

As for theirs sound, I don't find the female vocals weird on my pair. But I do remember that they were a bit warmer in signature OOTB than after burn in. My SSP's opened up a lot in the upper mid-range and treble after about 6,5~7 hours of listening, so those female vocals should become better after a while.

Mar 11, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #7,197 of 11,979
As for theirs sound, I don't find the female vocals weird on my pair. But I do remember that they were a bit warmer in signature OOTB than after burn in. My SSP's opened up a lot in the upper mid-range and treble after about 6,5~7 hours of listening, so those female vocals should become better after a while.
Female vocals don't sound weird anymore. Maybe because I've been listening to the DQ6 for a day or two and got used to it's sound signature. I do a standard burn-in of at least 15 hours using "Cascade Noise Burn-in by TARA Labs," set at my preferred listening volume for all my gear.

Forgot to mention, I don't find these shouty at all. Got confused during initial listen as I was expecting in-your-face vocals from what I've read. KP580 (stock) was way rougher in the upper midrange than the SSP.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #7,198 of 11,979
Female vocals don't sound weird anymore. Maybe because I've been listening to the DQ6 for a day or two and got used to it's sound signature. I do a standard burn-in of at least 15 hours using "Cascade Noise Burn-in by TARA Labs," set at my preferred listening volume for all my gear.

Forgot to mention, I don't find these shouty at all. Got confused during initial listen as I was expecting in-your-face vocals from what I've read. KP580 (stock) was way rougher in the upper midrange than the SSP.

Thanks for the advice!
I knew you'd like these!

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #7,199 of 11,979
I knew you'd like these!
I remember asking you regarding this IEM 🤣

The main standouts from my very short listening session is the speed and punch of the bass as well as how separated and easy to locate instruments are. Thanks for the recommendation!

(Disclaimer: this is a review unit provided by Moondrop).

Mar 11, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #7,200 of 11,979
Did anyone try Sparks TWS yet? I placed pre-orders being told fulfillment will be delayed to April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back