Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #6,931 of 11,979
Hello everyone. I was looking for the right place to ask this.. hope I was right...

My moondrop blessing 2 iem had the nylon filters detached...I was hoping to find a replacement, but my local online shops only have this entry for moondrop mesh filters.... Can I use any of these filters?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-05-16-06-27-904_com.shopee.ph.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-16-06-27-904_com.shopee.ph.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 5, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #6,932 of 11,979
Hello everyone. I was looking for the right place to ask this.. hope I was right...

My moondrop blessing 2 iem had the nylon filters detached...I was hoping to find a replacement, but my local online shops only have this entry for moondrop mesh filters.... Can I use any of these filters?
I believe not, buy the filter from Shenzhenaudio store

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #6,933 of 11,979

The Blessing 2 is using a mesh with no acoustic damping properties. It's only there to protect the IEM from dirt.
You can listen to the B2 without the mesh or get the appropriate replacement from Shenzen Audio.
Don't use the filters from the other Moondrop IEMs, they have damping effects and will change the signature.

Cheers

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #6,935 of 11,979

Any nylon filter that's the right size works.
Filters for blessing 2 are actually just dust caps.

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #6,936 of 11,979
Received an S8 today and first impressions are very positive. Clarity, detail and imaging are obvious strengths from the very beginning and the tuning seems to be well done, too, though i couldn't help giving them a little sub bass boost for that extra little bit of punch which seems to be working very nicely. Their very luxurious looks and small and comfortable form are also a definite plus. The supplied cable looks rather shabby but my initial experiment with an optically nicer Tripowin cable messed up detail retrieval and soundstage in a way which seems to imply that it has been chosen for good reason. So far very happy with the purchase, but that might of course be subject to change once the shiny-new-toy syndrome subsides.

20210105_000013.jpg
Hi, I'm glad to hear you like them. Which source do you use?
With my Shanling M5 or AK SR15, the vocals are too smooth, with M0 better and with soundcard ASUS STX II it's just fine.

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #6,937 of 11,979
If any of you have Moondrop Starfield, you all should definitely try the Crinacle profile file for Equalizer APO. Its really good! You can manually enter it if you want or just copy this text, save it in the config.txt folder and then load it into Equalizer APO (I can give you more info if you need it, I'm new to EQ APO and it took some effort to figure this out):

Preamp: -7.5 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 83 Hz Gain -2.8 dB Q 0.42
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 222 Hz Gain -1.6 dB Q 1.21
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 3766 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 3.05
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 6359 Hz Gain 4.7 dB Q 2.45
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 10043 Hz Gain 6.2 dB Q 2.51
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 864 Hz Gain 1.4 dB Q 1.83
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 1412 Hz Gain -1.7 dB Q 2.46
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 1916 Hz Gain -1.1 dB Q 3.39
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 12783 Hz Gain 3.5 dB Q 1.13
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 19583 Hz Gain -12.6 dB Q 0.45

I turn off filters 1 and 2 because I already like the bass and lower midrange response of the starfields. But the others are really useful imo.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #6,938 of 11,979
Hi, I'm glad to hear you like them. Which source do you use?
With my Shanling M5 or AK SR15, the vocals are too smooth, with M0 better and with soundcard ASUS STX II it's just fine.

I'm have for now been primarily using it (with a little help from an iFi iEMatch) with my desktop amp/DAC a Burson C3R. Seems to be a quite fine combination so far. I would expect the S8 to work rather nicely with 'warmer' sources as it is rather technically oriented (the C3R largely walks the line with a slight hint of warmth in this regard), but i haven't experimented with my DX160 at the office or similar sources which fit the bill so far.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #6,940 of 11,979
Jan 7, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #6,941 of 11,979
Hi, my blessing 2 filter has been took off on one side, but i still keep the filter. How can i stick it back?
My local store suggest using dn7000 but i cant find it anywhere
They are intended to be consumables.
Any decent dust caps will work but we still recommend using stock filters
If you clean them often you can go without filter, it's just our recommendation for extra layer of protection.

Jan 7, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #6,942 of 11,979
Guys HELP! My KPE has developed a significant channel imbalance. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me with this IEM. I was careful to not have the shells crash into each other when handling them. I'm guessing since they're sealed I'm pretty much S.O.L. on any repairs, correct? Anyways, as this is one of my favorite IEMs, I am really bummed! I guess I am now looking for another pair of these [really just need a left- lol]. I do realize they're discontinued, so I might have a problem finding another. I have read the KXXS, KXXX and Starfield all sound similar, so I would consider these as well if the Kanas Pro is not available to be had. Help a fellow HFer out!
try remove filter first to see if it's a simple problem
If that doesn't work, we'll try work out with you based on how much warranty is left.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Jan 7, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #6,943 of 11,979
try remove filter first to see if it's a simple problem
If that doesn't work, we'll try work out with you based on how much warranty is left.
It was a clogged left filter. I removed the filters and the imbalance went away. I have ordered replacement filters through ShenZhen Audio . Hope they arrive soon as I LOVE my KPE!!! Thanks for getting back in touch!

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #6,944 of 11,979
Hi, my blessing 2 filter has been took off on one side, but i still keep the filter. How can i stick it back?
My local store suggest using dn7000 but i cant find it anywhere

What I did was put the filter that came off inside the Tip, then apply the tip to the B2. It might not stick to the IEM but its still there doing its job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back