Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #6,916 of 12,005
Nice review. Just one small technical correction. I bought a caliper because I was making mistakes in buying tips by purchasing the wrong size. The bore size for the Blessing 2 Dusk is 6.5mm. For my large ears, the tips and IEM shell size are a perfect fit.
Thanks for the correction! Blessed are those with large ears! :) (I belong to the group too)
The stock M tips fit me well but they offer poor seal - sub-bass is much leaner with them. Hence I switched over to CP155 which I find to be the perfect one for Dusk (soft and seals well)

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #6,917 of 12,005
Thanks for the correction! Blessed are those with large ears! :) (I belong to the group too)
The stock M tips fit me well but they offer poor seal - sub-bass is much leaner with them. Hence I switched over to CP155 which I find to be the perfect one for Dusk (soft and seals well)

Interestingly the Blessing 2 Dusk is one Spinfit away from true neutrality.

I find the CP155 to "tune" the Dusk slightly to my tastes. The thin flanges leak the sub-bass a little. Allowing mids and trebles to reveal themselves and leading to better "resolution". The thing about Dusk is that the sub-bass tends to overwhelm the other frequencies ever so slightly. It's more of a psychological issue and I'm not sure other people hear the same as I do. In various tracks the bass grabs my attention "too hard" and makes it difficult to focus on the rest of the music. Interestingly CP155 also thickened the mids a bit. This characteristic really show when I switch over to Asian pop like Cantopop/Kpop/Jpop with heavier vocal presence and importance.

How does this magic happens I'll never know. But to my ears Spinfits compliments the Dusk perfectly.

Now in the coming months to experiment with cable synergies...

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #6,919 of 12,005
Interestingly the Blessing 2 Dusk is one Spinfit away from true neutrality.

I find the CP155 to "tune" the Dusk slightly to my tastes. The thin flanges leak the sub-bass a little. Allowing mids and trebles to reveal themselves and leading to better "resolution". The thing about Dusk is that the sub-bass tends to overwhelm the other frequencies ever so slightly. It's more of a psychological issue and I'm not sure other people hear the same as I do. In various tracks the bass grabs my attention "too hard" and makes it difficult to focus on the rest of the music. Interestingly CP155 also thickened the mids a bit. This characteristic really show when I switch over to Asian pop like Cantopop/Kpop/Jpop with heavier vocal presence and importance.

How does this magic happens I'll never know. But to my ears Spinfits compliments the Dusk perfectly.

Now in the coming months to experiment with cable synergies...
This is not how I hear them at all. The sub bass does not bleed into the mids at all. That’s the magic of the tuning of these IEMs and the purpose of the sub bass shelf

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #6,920 of 12,005
any suggestion for choosing balanced cable and tips for blessing b2?
i have tried final e, ortofon (which was fit but i afraid it could stuck in my ears when i take off), and also the stock tips and found the stock ones are the best.

Jan 3, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #6,921 of 12,005
any suggestion for choosing balanced cable and tips for blessing b2?
i have tried final e, ortofon (which was fit but i afraid it could stuck in my ears when i take off), and also the stock tips and found the stock ones are the best.

I am also looking for a balanced cable for Moondrop Blessing 2. I think I will buy a Satin Audio Gaia

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #6,922 of 12,005
This is not how I hear them at all. The sub bass does not bleed into the mids at all. That’s the magic of the tuning of these IEMs and the purpose of the sub bass shelf

Yes it’s entirely taste related. The sub-bass is impeccably well defined and not bleeding into anything. Only it is a bit loud to my ears for playing certain tracks.

Say Ghostbusters.

Spinfits help the Dusk with bass-light music like Jazz and Classical.

Jan 4, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #6,923 of 12,005
Received an S8 today and first impressions are very positive. Clarity, detail and imaging are obvious strengths from the very beginning and the tuning seems to be well done, too, though i couldn't help giving them a little sub bass boost for that extra little bit of punch which seems to be working very nicely. Their very luxurious looks and small and comfortable form are also a definite plus. The supplied cable looks rather shabby but my initial experiment with an optically nicer Tripowin cable messed up detail retrieval and soundstage in a way which seems to imply that it has been chosen for good reason. So far very happy with the purchase, but that might of course be subject to change once the shiny-new-toy syndrome subsides.

20210105_000013.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #6,924 of 12,005
Yes it’s entirely taste related. The sub-bass is impeccably well defined and not bleeding into anything. Only it is a bit loud to my ears for playing certain tracks.

Say Ghostbusters.

Spinfits help the Dusk with bass-light music like Jazz and Classical.
I see. So, it's distracting and too elevated to you. I can see that. To me, the marvel of these IEMs is that the subbass does not bleed into the mids.

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #6,925 of 12,005
Guys HELP! My KPE has developed a significant channel imbalance. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me with this IEM. I was careful to not have the shells crash into each other when handling them. I'm guessing since they're sealed I'm pretty much S.O.L. on any repairs, correct? Anyways, as this is one of my favorite IEMs, I am really bummed! I guess I am now looking for another pair of these [really just need a left- lol]. I do realize they're discontinued, so I might have a problem finding another. I have read the KXXS, KXXX and Starfield all sound similar, so I would consider these as well if the Kanas Pro is not available to be had. Help a fellow HFer out!

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #6,926 of 12,005
Guys HELP! My KPE has developed a significant channel imbalance. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me with this IEM. I was careful to not have the shells crash into each other when handling them. I'm guessing since they're sealed I'm pretty much S.O.L. on any repairs, correct? Anyways, as this is one of my favorite IEMs, I am really bummed! I guess I am now looking for another pair of these [really just need a left- lol]. I do realize they're discontinued, so I might have a problem finding another. I have read the KXXS, KXXX and Starfield all sound similar, so I would consider these as well if the Kanas Pro is not available to be had. Help a fellow HFer out!
About a month ago I was very disheartenend aswell about my kpe but luckily @MOONDROP was an immense help and my kpe is currently at repair. I would act fast as they are a discontinued product and manufacturers won't support them for hardly any longer. Also I have heard the moondrop lineup upto that price range and I definitely prefer the kpe more. It's sounds slightly cleaner, brighter and a bit faster due to tuning. Kxxs is more smooth and warm to my ears.

But if you want a complete upgrade go for the fiio fd5 and you will not regret your decision. They sound absolutely exquisite! My current favourite.

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #6,927 of 12,005

Hey! High chances are that your left ear piece's nozzle filter is blocked. That introduces a channel imbalance too. You can confirm if both sides are playing as loudly by taking the nozzle filters out with a tweezer. Just beware that KPE sounds different without them so you do need new ones for the intended tuning. Haha.

Just buy and try replacing the filters once before making another IEM purchase. They're $5 for 10 pairs available with Shenzhen Audio here. Be sure to select KPE from the list. :)

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #6,928 of 12,005
Hey! High chances are that your left ear piece's nozzle filter is blocked. That introduces a channel imbalance too. You can confirm if both sides are playing as loudly by taking the nozzle filters out with a tweezer. Just beware that KPE sounds different without them so you do need new ones for the intended tuning. Haha.

Just buy and try replacing the filters once before making another IEM purchase. They're $5 for 10 pairs available with Shenzhen Audio here. Be sure to select KPE from the list. :)
/\/\/\/\THIS. I tried removing the filters and it works again. Immediately ordered the replacement filters, although I am a bit wary or the installation. Thank you so much for the best advice EVER! You rock!!!

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #6,929 of 12,005
/\/\/\/\THIS. I tried removing the filters and it works again. Immediately ordered the replacement filters, although I am a bit wary or the installation. Thank you so much for the best advice EVER! You rock!!!

Haha. It's a common occurrence with IEMs that have filters but it does make one panic when it happens for the first time. Lol! Those filters are an easy install with the included tweezers. All you have to do is place them at the filter lip and they'll stick automatically. Also, if you don't have that steady a hand, you have 10 pairs to get it right! :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #6,930 of 12,005
Wish I had realized this before I got a 2nd pair. The seller requested me to send him broken set. I bet he just replaced the filters and sold them. Doh! Oh well, Thanks for rescuing my beloved KPE. I'd still like to hear a KXXX someday though. And of course the B2 and B2 Dusk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back