Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 13, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #6,650 of 11,979
A little, but honestly after switching ear tips they were long gone for me. They were too much of a hassle to keep on and I was more worried of them ending up in my ear than the ring blocking them a little.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #6,654 of 11,979
Having my Moondrop Blessing 2s on the way now, just want to ask a couple questions:
  • Do they scale well with balanced output and/or amps for example?
  • Will I be missing out on its capabilities/potential if I just run them straight off my SonyA105 Walkman, phone or laptop?

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #6,655 of 11,979
Having my Moondrop Blessing 2s on the way now, just want to ask a couple questions:
  • Will I be missing out on its capabilities/potential if I just run them straight off my SonyA105 Walkman, phone or laptop?
As far as I can hear, not so much, except well louder. I use zx507, sound good on SE or Balanced.
I think no, Blessing 2 is good because it sounds so good in general IMO.

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #6,656 of 11,979
I suggest running the B2 off balanced simply because they are quite power-hungry, I found.

Nov 15, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #6,657 of 11,979
I suggest running the B2 off balanced simply because they are quite power-hungry, I found.
I'm curious what you're running these from that the single ended output is not enough for b2. I guess I could understand somebody saying use an amp for them but to say they should be running balanced seems a bit overkill.

now obviously if somebody has an amp that has both balanced and single-ended outputs in general the balanced output sounds better on most of those amps so you would use the balance output just for that purpose but I would never recommend that somebody specifically looks for a balanced output to run B2

Nov 15, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #6,658 of 11,979
The filter on one of my buds is a little off-center. The black ring around the filter goes right across one of the small tubes. Will that affect the sound?
If the ring was covering the tube, there will be a quite minor effect.
our IEMs comes with some replacement filters, sorry for the inconvenience.
edit:replacement filter comes with KXXS/Starfield/illumination only/
For blessing2/s8/solis series, just get the original filter off and use tweezer and apply another.
For KXXS/Starfield/illumination/SSR series, check out this video:

Last edited:
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Nov 15, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #6,659 of 11,979
For blessing2/s8/solis series, just get the original filter off and use tweezer and apply another.

Where are the filters in the Blessing 2 packaging? I purchased my pair new from Headphones.com and I can't find them anywhere inside the packaging. Thanks for your help! Maybe I'm missing them but I've looked pretty closely...

Nov 15, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #6,660 of 11,979

I removed my Blessing 2 filter since it moves a lot when I changed eartip, and I couldn't find the replacement in the box too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back