Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #6,633 of 11,979
Got some new cables for my B2
124002896_10157294582287001_8492938162807310388_o.jpg

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #6,635 of 11,979
Would anyone from @MOONDROP recommend burn-in with the illumination? I didn’t see it mentioned in the little introduction pamphlet provided.
Uhh, we are not a big fan of that.
Just maybe 50hr or something, it has quite minor effect after all. We believe there is some differences, but if you don't like your headphones in first hour, you won't even after 1000hour burn in.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Nov 9, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #6,636 of 11,979
Would anyone from @MOONDROP recommend burn-in with the illumination? I didn’t see it mentioned in the little introduction pamphlet provided.
Do you have the Illumination? Care to share impressions.

Uhh, we are not a big fan of that.
Just maybe 50hr or something, it has quite minor effect after all. We believe there is some differences, but if you don't like your headphones in first hour, you won't even after 1000hour burn in.
giphy.gif

Nov 9, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #6,637 of 11,979
I didn't find SSR "shouty" at all, I loved the mids emphasis - and although I adapted to their bass before long, a little more would be appreciated so long as it doesn't throw the balance off or alter the higher end of the FR. That being said I thought the SSP would be out sooner. With the extra waiting time I've been reading up on the BL05S and the T2 Plus and realizing they might be closer contenders than I'd originally thought?

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #6,640 of 11,979
I have just ordered Moondrop SSP for €27,63 after using an Aliexpress coupon, some coins and a promised discount of $3 by Shenzenaudio because my Moondrop SSR order was cancelled a few months ago.

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #6,641 of 11,979
I have just ordered Moondrop SSP for €27,63 after using an Aliexpress coupon, some coins and a promised discount of $3 by Shenzenaudio because my Moondrop SSR order was cancelled a few months ago.
I didnt find on aliexpress, could u share the link?

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #6,643 of 11,979
I ordered a set of SSR's for my wife and a set of SSP's just to see :)

I'm still hoping someone will come around and do a trade for a pair of SSR's that I posted ( I traded off the Blon's I had for a set of YBF14's... I think they are better but I still don't find them as grand as I find that the SSR's are!!)

Nov 11, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #6,645 of 11,979
Just received part of my packages from Moondrops Lending Library containing the B2, S8, and Solis. They have informed me an Illumination is on its way to me, and I am super pumped to listen to that, having enjoyed all of their DD offerings in the past. I already own a B2, and it has been my daily driver when I need isolation alongside my full sized Focal Clears, so not a ton of need to listen too much to the demo unit provided.

Very short feedback.

Build quality of all units feels very in line with the Moondrop brand, no issues here. Fit for me is fantastic, they build a shell that is really well designed. I thought B2 was as good as it could get for me when it comes to shell, but the Solis definitely has it beat.

S8 sounds great. It is an amazing option for people to pick up. I have never been a fan of just straight BA IEM's, I definitely lean more V-Shaped tuning in preferences, and more bass heavy music, and have always felt that a DD just handles my music tastes better. Nothing wrong with the S8, and for those who don't enjoy DD (They exist, I think they're crazy but they exist), the S8 does EVERYTHING right, and even has a bass response that wouldn't leave me feeling lacking. That said, at more than double the price of a B2, finding a place to recommend the S8 to others is hard for me.

Solis feels like the next logical step up from the B2 when you move from that Mid-fi feel into more of the flagship stuff thats available. I have never heard anything with an EST in it, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I loved the delivery of everything on the Solis. From Rock, to classical, to House, and Hip Hop. Solis definitely a great pick, if it came in a bit lower on price point, it would be an easy jump in recommendations. I think getting this positioned under that 1K mark would really help it shine.

This lineup for Moondrop IEM's (B2, S8, Solis) all have very large shells, and wide/long nozzles. As someone who is a big fan of Tri-Flange Etymotic the longer nozzles are actually a major PLUS in my book, and the shell size is not an issue for me, I have found with smaller shells that do not fill my ear that more pressure points often occur. I have worn B2's for more than 8 hours at a time without issue, and Took Solis for a little 2 hour run earlier today with no signs of fatigue.

Everything was run through my JDS Atom and Modi. Combination of Streamed through Spotify Premium, and MP3's/FLACs.

I know my tastes lean a specific way, some past gear I've used:
Xelento, HS1650, B2, KXXS, Starfield, ER2, GR07, FDX-1, DM6, CFA IO, CFA Atlas

Focal Elex & Clear, Fostex TR-X00, HD600, KSC75, Porta Pro

My Current Gear - B2, HS1650, Focal Clear, KSC75, Xelento, ER2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back