Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 7, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #916 of 11,996
CoiL are you getting the T3 as well? If so, we'd love a comparison between the two. I've got iem fever currently after the IMR Zeniths and Tin Audio dropping the T3 today. I'd love to get the KPs as well but I've already spent a ton and the new year has barely started. I'm just glad I had the restraint not to get the CA Atlas after my bonus this year. That was really tough lol and my girlfriend would have killed me. I guess I'd have a place in the history books though. First man killed over iems lol

Since i love my tin audio T2, i would try to buy T3 but after some reviews, what i was hoping is increment at sub bass region, just like KPE, T2 was lacking that. somehow i feel that the T3 will be better at soundstage and high mid than T2. Let see first. Maybe someone who has kanas pro will buy T3 first rather than me.

your GF doesnt have right to kill you right now, if you want to buy alot of iems DO IT NOW, before you got married, your wife have right to kill you for sure. Based on experience.

why you not just dump her

great iem for only broken heart playlists also not very good.

Damn waiting too long for my kanas pro, cant wait any longer for next week.

Feb 7, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #917 of 11,996
Since i love my tin audio T2, i would try to buy T3 but after some reviews, what i was hoping is increment at sub bass region, just like KPE, T2 was lacking that.

Have you tried to tape mod the T2's. Was talking to a friend tonight and he pretty happy with the effect. He likes the T2 quite a bit and felt the tape rounded out the bottom end nicely. He's more of a mids guy so I'm confident the bass wasn't over done.

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #919 of 11,996
the KPE is incredible for (Dub) Techno. Holy ****. Bass has a certain roundness to it which I haven't experienced with any other IEM yet (my experience is very limited though).
I think for DnB I prefer the FiiO FH5 more due to more rumble, but the treble is not as refined on those, which makes them very tiring for me.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #920 of 11,996
Got my Kanas Pro...

OOTB impressions and remarks out of DX5X:
* They look stunning! Shell is tad smaller than IT01 but nozzle angle is little less than IT01 (edit: angle is about same but turning angle relative to shell is littlebit different).
* Cable is really good and actually softer/lighter than IT01 cable. But it measures not so good - G>R/L=0.8Ohm, R=0.8Ohm, L=0.8Ohm (multimeter leads resistance subtracted).
Need new cable for this IEM, though physically I like it better than IT01 cable. I wonder where I can buy 8 more cores same type of wire to braid it into 16-core cable. I have Papri AgCu cable that looks same but its PVC is much stiffer. Though, maybe I will braid them together and get lower impedance. Will see what I decide to get instead stock cable but 0.8 Ohm is NO-no in my eyes.
* So far, with fast tip-rolling, best tips for my small ears/earcanals are Auvio S size and JVC Spiral Dot. Some other wide bore tips were also good but more comments later.
* Sound is... well... GREAT! By first impressions, nothing is wrong. Very very coherent and natural organic sound. No peaks or dips to my ears. No boosted mid-bass or harsh/sibilant treble.
Let me note that I`m pretty sensitive to FR around 6.2-7.5kHz.
* Soundstage seems above average for sure and very well rounded, nice width/depth/height. Not sure it can match/exceed ZS5v1/FidelioX1 soundfield but it is so well rounded/surrounding that
I feel no lack in it, atm. Haven`t tested with better recordings in that aspect yet.
* Transparency and imaging seems great.
* They certainly benefit from amping and makes things more tight/snappier. Atm, those impressions are with DX5X (upgraded opamps) @ high gain with ~3V/80mA output power per channel.
* I don`t know if I missed it but Moondrop had included "visit card" that says KP needs at least 100h playtime to "promote the performance of driver".

Compared to my modded IT01... I have to say I`ve tuned IT01 very good and by initial impressions KP has tinybit less punchier/thumping bass/percussion but on quantitative level sound very similar.
Modded IT01 seems to be more V-shaped in comparison and not so "smooth and organic" in mids.
Atm I`m suspecting I`m going to have hard time letting my modded IT01 go but I think KP will be still better in wide range of different genres with more natural sound and better mids along with more "rounded" soundstage. But I have to say - they both sound pretty similar in overall sound signature.
Will leave KP "burning-in" for at least 100h and report back.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #921 of 11,996
Got my Kanas Pro...

OOTB impressions and remarks out of DX5X:
* They look stunning! Shell is tad smaller than IT01 but nozzle angle is little less than IT01.
* Cable is really good and actually softer/lighter than IT01 cable. But it measures not so good - G>R/L=0.8Ohm, R=0.8Ohm, L=0.8Ohm (multimeter leads resistance subtracted).
Need new cable for this IEM, though
* So far, with fast tip-rolling, best tips for my small ears/earcanals are Auvio S size and JVC Spiral Dot. Some other wide bore tips were also good but more comments later.
* Sound is... well... GREAT! By first impressions, nothing is wrong. Very very coherent and natural organic sound. No peaks or dips to my ears. No boosted mid-bass or harsh/sibilant treble.
Let me note that I`m pretty senitive to FR around 6.2-7.5kHz.
* Soundstage seems above average for sure and very well rounded, nice width/depth/height. Not sure it can match/exceed ZS5v1/FidelioX1 soundfield but it is so well rounded/surrounding that
I feel no lack in it, atm. Haven`t tested with better recordings in that aspect yet.
* Transparency and imaging seems great.
* They certainly benefit from amping and makes things more tight/snappier. Atm, those impressions are with DX5X (upgraded opamps) @ high gain with ~3V/80mA output power per channel.
* I don`t know if I missed it but Moondrop had included "visit card" that says KP needs at least 100h playtime to "promote the performance of driver".

Compared to my modded IT01... I have to say I`ve tuned IT01 very good and by initial impressions KP has tinybit less punchier/thumping bass/percussion but on quantitative level sound very similar.
Modded IT01 seems to be more V-shaped in comparison and not so "smooth and organic" in mids.
Atm I`m suspecting I`m going to have hard time letting my modded IT01 go but I think KP will be still better in wide range of different genres with more natural sound and better mids along with more "rounded" soundstage. But I have to say - they both sound pretty similar in overall sound signature.
Will leave KP "burning-in" for at least 100h and report back.

How do you mod the IT01?

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #923 of 11,996
How do you mod the IT01?
Long story... not just simple nozzle grill and nylon filter removal... backplates are done with inner "reflection/pressure piston" attached to it, right above driver back vents, with certain distance but at same time retaining "open-back" airy sound signature. Here is pic if You haven`t seen it yet:
9938048_l.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #924 of 11,996
Long story... not just simple nozzle grill and nylon filter removal... backplates are done with inner "reflection/pressure piston" attached to it, right above driver back vents, with certain distance but at same time retaining "open-back" airy sound signature. Here is pic if You haven`t seen it yet:
9938048_l.jpg

That's a bit sexy. Where did you get those wood backplates?

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #925 of 11,996
Just thought I'd ask again if anyone thinks the Aria improves on the Crescent. It would make the Arias the budget king. With so much to like about the Crescent something a little better than it for the price would be very good indeed.

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #926 of 11,996
Feb 8, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #928 of 11,996
Is Aria superior to Crescent? I am wondering what Moondrop does with the extra $40. We are still firmly in the bargain range.
Having both, I can say Aria are Crescent with some less tendency to be a little bassy, Aria are probably more neutral.
When I have both of them in front of me, more often... I use the Crescent:smile_phones:

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #929 of 11,996
I just got my Crescent! It is lovely to look at, and nice to listen to. Off to bed with it now :3

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back