Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 7, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #901 of 11,979
Which of the IEMs in your signature do you own aside from the KPE?
And what is it that makes you pick the KPE over them?

I still own all those iems on my signature actually, but the 3 I always carry are the andro S, KPE & DM6. Out the 3 KPE gets the most listening time in the last few days. Not the best, just the most enjoyable (I prefer the bass from DD). For now at least. Still waiting new cables for DM6 that's why I haven't listen to it lately. Out of the 3 Andro S is still the best.

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #902 of 11,979
KP is transforming to the recording, E5000 is always chill, however, if you listen carefully you will realize that behind that big bassline and smoothness they have a lot of details, just not in your face, i was told that they sound similar to the Audioquest NH and i got them for that reason, but they sound better than the NH

Your post made me take out the NH and listen to the Amber Rubarth tracks with them last night. They sure are making me relax!
I have been listening a lot with the KPEs lately and getting used to the dark and somewhat veiled signature of the NH took some time and effort, but they have their own magic.
Switching back to the KPE after some time made me understand for the first time how they can be called bright. But really only in comparison.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #903 of 11,979
Your post made me take out the NH and listen to the Amber Rubarth tracks with them last night. They sure are making me relax!
I have been listening a lot with the KPEs lately and getting used to the dark and somewhat veiled signature of the NH took some time and effort, but they have their own magic.
Switching back to the KPE after some time made me understand for the first time how they can be called bright. But really only in comparison.

Yes, everything is comparative really. I still find the KPE’s inconsistent and very dependent on fit/tips and how you place them in the ear. They’re very sensitive to things like that. The E5000’s are a wee bit too dark in all honesty. They may open up a little. The best balance between dark/smooth and KP detailed/resolving for me has so far still been the ASG 2.5...a BIG sound with big soundstage and huge bass capability. And lovely DD texture. I only have the bass port 10% up. That’s how they can can hit. It’s all about pleasurable listening really. I’m not too fussed about graphs, dips and peaks...or detail monsters. It’s ultimately how the music is conveyed and how it makes you feel.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #904 of 11,979
Good point. You could say the point of music is to convey an emotive experience. Certain qualities and characteristics of headphones often really help in this regard.
Ive noticed I have patterns of needs in terms of listening. I go through long cycles of going from wanting clear, reference analytical sound up to a warm full rich bass sound. If I try to use the 'wrong' headphone during the wrong part of this cycle my ears do not enjoy the music ! o_0 When I get it right though - time of day + correct headphone + right song it brings a tear to my eye the blissful quality of the music and the emotive place it moves me too.
I can replicate the same scenario at a later time and it just sounds meh!
Its what I enjoy about this hobby. All the variables that come into play - I work with audio for a living as well so sometimes when i get something perfect its SO rewarding :)
That intangible experience of auditory 'rightness'

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #905 of 11,979
Finally getting my KP tomorrow.... so exited and waiting is "painful" -.-

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #907 of 11,979
My last couple listening sessions I am finding the Crescent a little bass heavy. Using just the stock silicones. I have Spiral dots and Symbios coming. Thinking the mediums I choose for the Symbios will be too big. We'll see. Still wondering if I should get the Blessing as I have the Kanas Pro coming too. Maybe give one of them away as a present to my girlfriend. And I can "borrow" them.That will be my rationalization for extravagance.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #910 of 11,979
I still own all those iems on my signature actually, but the 3 I always carry are the andro S, KPE & DM6. Out the 3 KPE gets the most listening time in the last few days. Not the best, just the most enjoyable (I prefer the bass from DD). For now at least. Still waiting new cables for DM6 that's why I haven't listen to it lately. Out of the 3 Andro S is still the best.
That's great that you have both the dm6 and kpe. Btw how do the male vocals compare in terms of clarity, speed and natural body? Would absolutely love to know this.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #912 of 11,979
Finally getting my KP tomorrow.... so exited and waiting is "painful" -.-

CoiL are you getting the T3 as well? If so, we'd love a comparison between the two. I've got iem fever currently after the IMR Zeniths and Tin Audio dropping the T3 today. I'd love to get the KPs as well but I've already spent a ton and the new year has barely started. I'm just glad I had the restraint not to get the CA Atlas after my bonus this year. That was really tough lol and my girlfriend would have killed me. I guess I'd have a place in the history books though. First man killed over iems lol

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #913 of 11,979
CoiL are you getting the T3 as well? If so, we'd love a comparison between the two. I've got iem fever currently after the IMR Zeniths and Tin Audio dropping the T3 today. I'd love to get the KPs as well but I've already spent a ton and the new year has barely started. I'm just glad I had the restraint not to get the CA Atlas after my bonus this year. That was really tough lol and my girlfriend would have killed me. I guess I'd have a place in the history books though. First man killed over iems lol
why you not just dump her

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #915 of 11,979
My last couple listening sessions I am finding the Crescent a little bass heavy. Using just the stock silicones. I have Spiral dots and Symbios coming. Thinking the mediums I choose for the Symbios will be too big. We'll see. Still wondering if I should get the Blessing as I have the Kanas Pro coming too. Maybe give one of them away as a present to my girlfriend. And I can "borrow" them.That will be my rationalization for extravagance.
Haha, that is what happened to my KPE, it has become my gf defacto iem, until I get something else that she'll love using. :)

Gives me an excuse to keep buying. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back