Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #948 of 12,007
I don`t know if Kanas Pro is crazy revealing and unforgiving... but I think I found one album that sounds tad better with modded IT01. Not sure yet though and my KP hasn`t "burned-in" properly yet.
Left it playing with TARA LABS burn-in disc and will slowly go through different albums and see if I can find more albums like that. I need money but might happen that I will keep my modded IT01 for albums like that.
More feedback after week...

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #949 of 12,007
Please excuse the iem newbie comment, but the stock silicone tips on the Crescent do not do it justice. I am using the tips from the Tin Audio T2pro and they have a much more balanced presentation. I have a bunch of tips coming to experiment as I expect the Tin Audio foamies are not the be all either.

Aria is also in transit.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #950 of 12,007
The standard edition I have has impressive tuning and articulation at this price point and deserves recognition.
Even though for most sane people we seem like we're splitting hairs, those other IEMs really are special (but you are paying for that). If I ever did a comparison, I would select different candidates.

So you have the refular, non-pro kanas ?

Feb 10, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #951 of 12,007
I don`t know if Kanas Pro is crazy revealing and unforgiving... but I think I found one album that sounds tad better with modded IT01. Not sure yet though and my KP hasn`t "burned-in" properly yet.
Left it playing with TARA LABS burn-in disc and will slowly go through different albums and see if I can find more albums like that. I need money but might happen that I will keep my modded IT01 for albums like that.
More feedback after week...
Glad someone hears the KPE the same as I do. It's pleasant, but by no means should it be as hyped up as it gets. The dynamics man, the gosh darn dynamics!

I'll let you guys in on a little secret. Received the Azla Sedna tips the other day, started using M for my ears. What I noticed is that the stems of the tips were quite elongated and that really, really helped instrument separation better than any other tips. Spaced out the imaging a little bit as well.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #952 of 12,007
Glad someone hears the KPE the same as I do. It's pleasant, but by no means should it be as hyped up as it gets. The dynamics man, the gosh darn dynamics!

I'll let you guys in on a little secret. Received the Azla Sedna tips the other day, started using M for my ears. What I noticed is that the stems of the tips were quite elongated and that really, really helped instrument separation better than any other tips. Spaced out the imaging a little bit as well.

I`m littlebit spoiled by modded IT01 bass speed/kick/tightness AND its micro-details with clarity/sparkle. I mean, bass quantity and kick is actually same with KP but that latter underlined part seems littlebit inferior to modded IT01. Now, what I`m puzzled about, is if it all relates to KP better midrange "masking" that but not in bad way... just is it because of modded IT01 sound signature being more V-shaped or KP lacking in sparkle from upper FR? I really don`t know atm becuse KP has perfect soundstage (it portrays as much there is done with mastering, no enhanced artificial soundstage, live recording sound great too), perfect bass vs. midbass vs. mids vs. highs balance (naturally neutral?), perfect percussion hit/tightness, no sibilance/harshness in highs, perfect transparency and overall micro-details, perfect imaging, perfect vocals (for both male/female)... like everything sounds perfect... just that one tiny thing what modded IT01 makes me think about. Guess I`m too perfectionist or too used with modded IT01 sound (I think I need to rest my ears off from modded IT01 sound). I don`t want to start modding again as my KP isn`t fully "burned-in" yet but still wondering if I could fix that tiny thing with some mods.
I mean, KP are probably perfect IEM for many just as they are and they really are very very good. I certainly prefer them over modded IT01 over wide range different genre music.

About tips, I feel same way about using HS-930i ultra wide bore silicone tips. They reach about 3mm over tip end and lengthen littlebit over Auvio S.
Those AZLA tips seem quite similar to Auvio but like You said, longer stem. Do You know good place to get them when located in EU? I don`t want to pay much for just 2 tiny tips.

Will stop commenting for week and let them "burn-in" more.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #953 of 12,007
I`m littlebit spoiled by modded IT01 bass speed/kick/tightness AND its micro-details with clarity/sparkle. I mean, bass quantity and kick is actually same with KP but that latter underlined part seems littlebit inferior to modded IT01. Now, what I`m puzzled about, is if it all relates to KP better midrange "masking" that but not in bad way... just is it because of modded IT01 sound signature being more V-shaped or KP lacking in sparkle from upper FR? I really don`t know atm becuse KP has perfect soundstage (it portrays as much there is done with mastering, no enhanced artificial soundstage, live recording sound great too), perfect bass vs. midbass vs. mids vs. highs balance (naturally neutral?), perfect percussion hit/tightness, no sibilance/harshness in highs, perfect transparency and overall micro-details, perfect imaging, perfect vocals (for both male/female)... like everything sounds perfect... just that one tiny thing what modded IT01 makes me think about. Guess I`m too perfectionist or too used with modded IT01 sound (I think I need to rest my ears off from modded IT01 sound). I don`t want to start modding again as my KP isn`t fully "burned-in" yet but still wondering if I could fix that tiny thing with some mods.
I mean, KP are probably perfect IEM for many just as they are and they really are very very good. I certainly prefer them over modded IT01 over wide range different genre music.

About tips, I feel same way about using HS-930i ultra wide bore silicone tips. They reach about 3mm over tip end and lengthen littlebit over Auvio S.

Will stop commenting for week and let them "burn-in" more.
Hmmn, I think "burn-in" might help indeed, but it would be nice to figure out what your thoughts on the KP are after a week. I remember feeling that the KP could use a little bit more sparkle when I was first using it, prior to "giving it to my girlfriend. Fast forward a few weeks, and I don't feel quite the same anymore after listening to the KP every now and then (decided to give it to my gf as she loves it a lot, with the condition I can borrow it every now and then for comparison purposes).

I'm not sure if it's because I 'miss' it, or I subconsciously 'hype' it up as a really great sounding iem, or if it really is just that it finished burning in while it was away from me, but I didn't feel the same sensation anymore about wanting some additional 'sparkle' whenever I get to listen to it.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #955 of 12,007
Following on from previous few comments, I agree with the KP soundstage and instrument placement and separation view. It’s all pretty impressive. Detail too is almost as good as it gets. No sibilance whatsoever, which is a mean achievement considering the resolution. For me the sparkle is ok and it’s opening up with burn in for sure. Just a bit.

But my main quibble is with the vocals. I find them a touch recessed and thin for my liking. I can bring them forward with EQ a bit. But they lack a fullness and richness that I crave. Works on some vocalists better than others. I guess something has to give to allow that spaciousness and excellent soundstaging. I find IT01 vocals to be a
bit meatier. Anyone else find the vocals a little on the thin side?

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #956 of 12,007
I find IT01 vocals to be a bit meatier. Anyone else find the vocals a little on the thin side?
If we talk about stock IT01 then I agree about male vocals being bit meatier. With modded IT01 female vocals also improve but to me, with my gear and ears, I find KP vocals perfect as they really bring out natural "breath" from vocals and have weight. Also positioning is perfect, not too far not too close. I think @ozziecook that this is rather matter of personal taste and sound signature?

I really need to try out KP with better (lower impedance) cable as I think it will improve "sparkle".

Feb 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #957 of 12,007
The invasion of the treble heads
The KP has more treble than the Etymotic ER4S (considered by many to be bright), KP is tuned to be close to neutral, they have more upper treble than neutral and a little bit more sub bass, if the treble is not enough, you can try the old audio-technica ATH-CKM1000, they will probably have enough "sparkle" for you
c12162d2c033179e44f3bf54687b11bb.png

Feb 11, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #959 of 12,007
The invasion of the treble heads
The KP has more treble than the Etymotic ER4S (considered by many to be bright), KP is tuned to be close to neutral, they have more upper treble than neutral and a little bit more sub bass, if the treble is not enough, you can try the old audio-technica ATH-CKM1000, they will probably have enough "sparkle" for you
c12162d2c033179e44f3bf54687b11bb.png
I think You understood us wrong. I am by no means treblehead. In contrary, I`m rather sensitive to treble and prefer "downfall" in highs and no spikes around 6.2-7.5kHz.
KP treble for me is already near borderline. It is just that it might lack little "sparkle" somewhere between 6-7 due to little early or too steep roll-off ...or 9-10kHz to give it little more "snap & shimmer" in upper highs and over whole FR tinybit more "micro-sparkle". But not sure yet what it exactly is like I said... I might have been spoiled by other IEMs signature or my KP isn`t "opened up" yet due not enough playtime.
I have seen lot graphs by now about KP and it certainly isn`t lacking in treble. I`m nitpicking here. KP is great, it truly is.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #960 of 12,007
Kanas Pro arrived today. Oh my, what a disappointment. Perhaps I got a defective unit. Tried different tips and still got totally dominating treble. Really artificial sounding. The Crescent crushes this particular unit. Reminds me of the Tin Audio T2pro which I did not like, except over all the T2pro gave something better than what I am getting from the Kanas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back