Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #241 of 12,007
My KPEs arrived today and I had a short listen before heading to work.

Impressions:
Really deep and quite strong bass, airy, detailed and open but without any harshness, mids neutral, not forward but also not recessed.

The nozzle is quite big, stretches the MandarinEs Symbio W a bit, making them a little big for me.

Sound seems a big step up from the Pinnacle P1.

Now burning in at home
exactly how i described the sound, the mids are very special, is very hard to tune them so right, nice to see that you like them

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #242 of 12,007
The moondrop crescent has my eyes on it

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #243 of 12,007
As I posted the link to the video in this thread too I repost my post from another thread:

Just saw in Hawaiibadboys video channel that #1 was iBasso and #2 the Moondrop.

Well that makes such comparisons useless for me as listening to this song (in its HiRes version) via my Kanas Pro sounds nowhere near to #2 in the comparison. Even more so it sounds almost like a twin of #1.

Assuming that neither my AE dealer sent me an IT01s in a KP shell nor that Hawaiibadboy had messed up #1 and #2 the only explanation for this I can think of is the use of a different source file. There are different masters / remasters of Grateful Dead records out there all sounding a bit different ...

In the end mbwilson111 being sceptical is right.
Thats what I thought as well. Is it HBB trying to put out the KPE fire or just bad recording, because my Kanas Pro sounds so much more open and airy. And yes, it wasn't anywhere near the recording quality even before burning the damn thing in.

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #245 of 12,007
Hi, I'm considering getting some KP's for use on stage. None of the pro monitors in this price ranch seem to come close. Any thoughts on how these sound at high volumes with dynamic music? How is the isolation? Thanks A lot!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #246 of 12,007
Hi, I'm considering getting some KP's for use on stage. None of the pro monitors in this price ranch seem to come close. Any thoughts on how these sound at high volumes with dynamic music? How is the isolation? Thanks A lot!
they have no problems on high volumes, the isolation is not enough in my opinion for stage, i think you will be better with full BA set that has no vents on it

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #248 of 12,007
I didn't watch the video but having now both I can say IT01s is v-shaped with mid bass focus in the lows whereas KP is neutralish with sub-bass focus in the lows which is exactly what graphs are showing. Treble and bass detail are more upfront in the IT01s whereas they require more listening attention in the KP where the midrange is the star of the show. I have 350+ hours on KP and only a few hours on IT01s but I feel this is a quite final assessment. Technically they seem to me to be on par but we'll see how this fares when IT01s has more hours. I like both.

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #250 of 12,007
I didn't watch the video but having now both I can say IT01s is v-shaped with mid bass focus in the lows whereas KP is neutralish with sub-bass focus in the lows which is exactly what graphs are showing. Treble and bass detail are more upfront in the IT01s whereas they require more listening attention in the KP where the midrange is the star of the show. I have 350+ hours on KP and only a few hours on IT01s but I feel this is a quite final assessment. Technically they seem to me to be on par but we'll see how this fares when IT01s has more hours. I like both.

Nice to see one of the first comparisons of these two side to side. A much needed one, if you ask me. Keep us up to date @chickenmoon

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #251 of 12,007
I`ll still wait for Your "second opinion" after IT01S has had more hours playtime as I know from my own experience that IT01 changed with after 150+h. Several IT01S users have also claimed by now that they change for better.
Not that I`m fan of iBasso, just don`t want to drop that money on something I`m not sure of.

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #252 of 12,007
Where do i find a picture of the amadeus ?

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #254 of 12,007
Crescent+Aria.
Aria is better in every way you look at them, but pricewise Crescent are absolute keepers.

Yeah, but 75$ is quite a lot of money for a fixed cable bullet style iem for me, i am thinking in getting rif of my re-400 and get a moondrop crescent and some earbud, maybe the ty-hi 150ohm.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #255 of 12,007
For example this one, should be timestamped at 1:02:00 . I was listening today with my F9 Pro and it's a mess, can barely tell what's what in the low end. It has regular drums, taiko drums and a well defined bass line. With my E4000 I can clearly distinguish the regular drums from the taiko drums and different toms, the bass guitar melody is also clear and nicely defined. All 7 instruments are well separated, clear and present and the voice is not sibilant. How do you think KP performs?

I can clearly hear all seven instruments. Voice is not sibilant either. I would say that the midbass is not hard hitting but audible and defined. I tested against the it04 and with this tune, the kp is not far behind. Might not be as thick sounding as the E4000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back