Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #587 of 12,005
Ahh, that makes me excited for the arrival of my JVC Spiral Dots then. I'll plug em in my DMG and hopefully that'll mean I don't need the vented filters.

If not, then I'll order from aliexpress then xD

From all impressions, I'm sure you'll like the KP when it arrives. :)

The spiral dots are definitely the best set of tips for me combined with the KP

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #589 of 12,005
Jan 20, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #590 of 12,005

Skip to 8 minutes if you just wanna see the Kanas Pro graph :)
It seems like such a simple rig that is nice to have handy to verify the tuning of the iem people bought, especially the Chi-Fi stuff as you never know.

For a dynamic driver like the KP, you will get consistency, but if it has cross-overs with mult-BA, better check for consistency.

In regards to the DM6, he should check of inconsistancy in production, or QC. If he could get a hand on Crin's that would shed light, and also if he can get other DM6 to at least check their QC.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #591 of 12,005
Does anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive 4.4 balanced cable for the Kanas Pro?

I just bought one on eBay, will,let you know this week what its like. It was only 27 shipped, but I cant tell you the seller. Theres alot of cheap models, I chose eBay because they shipped from near me, instead of waitinf 3 weeks buying from sellers on aliexpress.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #592 of 12,005
Does anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive 4.4 balanced cable for the Kanas Pro?

You can ask them.
I would buy (so to get the discounted price), not finish the payment and ask them, they make the cable per your request. Cable quality is good.
(Usually they charge 1 or 2$ extra for customized cables)
http://s.aliexpress.com/zAVv67Fb

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #593 of 12,005

Skip to 8 minutes if you just wanna see the Kanas Pro graph :)

That graph looks freaking nice! ;P
9939422_l.jpg

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #594 of 12,005
Someone should tell hbb that crin is using an IEC711 based coupler that was standardized to simulate the avg human ear canal impedance and acoustical properties. he won't be able to replicate the exact same results using simple tubing especially past 1k and up since the main correction applied by the acoustical IEC711 ear is like so
vIMXk.jpg

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #595 of 12,005
Someone should tell hbb that crin is using an IEC711 based coupler that was standardized to simulate the avg human ear canal impedance and acoustical properties. he won't be able to replicate the exact same results using simple tubing especially past 1k and up since the main correction applied by the acoustical IEC711 ear is like so
vIMXk.jpg
You should contact him :wink: But I believe HBB is going to "tune" his rig more and that was just basic initial working setup.

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #596 of 12,005
It's been too quiet here.... Seems like everyone is enjoying the music! :ksc75smile:

Want to share something curious - I love my Chord Mojo and didn't like the sound from the HiBy R3 until now, found it a little over-processed and with brittle/grainy treble.
But the combination of KPE and HiBy R3 is really good! Punchy and deep bass, smooth mids and more energy and bite in the treble, without being harsh!

Hmmmm... Maybe I have to change my opinion about the R3? It's a nice match with the KPE!

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #598 of 12,005
It's been too quiet here.... Seems like everyone is enjoying the music! :ksc75smile:

Want to share something curious - I love my Chord Mojo and didn't like the sound from the HiBy R3 until now, found it a little over-processed and with brittle/grainy treble.
But the combination of KPE and HiBy R3 is really good! Punchy and deep bass, smooth mids and more energy and bite in the treble, without being harsh!

Hmmmm... Maybe I have to change my opinion about the R3? It's a nice match with the KPE!

That is good news. I was thinking of getting an R3 gor my KPE as I felt that the G7 One I currently use doesn't have enough power.

Jan 22, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #599 of 12,005
0122191315.jpg
At work today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back