Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #571 of 11,977
I have the CCA C10, which is almost carbon copy of the ZSN in form factor, and the Kanas Pro is bigger/longer than it. It really depends on fit and tips though as my girlfriend has smaller ears than me, and the Kanas Pro fits her perfectly with AET 07 size M. The CCA C10 with the same tips didn't fit her ear at all.

Interesting. If you get a chance mind taking a few pics and posting them?

I had a pair of ZSN and they actually were touching at the bottom of my ears where it extends into the gap. I was able to get it to clear everywhere else.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #572 of 11,977
Why’s that? 755 is better?
Supposedly has a similar sound signature, slightly less forward mids and less resolving than the Kanas Pro. I think the MH1 thread or the Chinese IEM threads can give you more information as there are a lot of discussion over it. I got curious enough to try and get some myself.

I think it’s just that the photos look matte. The description clearly describes a “highly reflective housing.”

Also, my KPE are in the States. I’ll hopefully take delivery next week!
Ohh, that's dissapointing coz that would have been interesting to get!

Congratulations on the iem, and good luck with tip rolling. :) I previously comolained about the cable hooks jutting out and hitting my glasses, but it became more pliable already, barely keeping shape now so it doesn't bother me anymore. It still hooks so it's pretty secure and about the only thing wrong with it is no chin lock.

Interesting. If you get a chance mind taking a few pics and posting them?

I had a pair of ZSN and they actually were touching at the bottom of my ears where it extends into the gap. I was able to get it to clear everywhere else.
I'll try to get a picture sometime this week, I lent my Kanas Pro so I can't take pictures directly right now. Just for the hell of it, I'll also add pics beside my DMG which I think fit amazingly.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #573 of 11,977
Supposedly has a similar sound signature, slightly less forward mids and less resolving than the Kanas Pro. I think the MH1 thread or the Chinese IEM threads can give you more information as there are a lot of discussion over it. I got curious enough to try and get some myself.

Ohh, that's dissapointing coz that would have been interesting to get!

Congratulations on the iem, and good luck with tip rolling. :) I previously comolained about the cable hooks jutting out and hitting my glasses, but it became more pliable already, barely keeping shape now so it doesn't bother me anymore. It still hooks so it's pretty secure and about the only thing wrong with it is no chin lock.

I'll try to get a picture sometime this week, I lent my Kanas Pro so I can't take pictures directly right now. Just for the hell of it, I'll also add pics beside my DMG which I think fit amazingly.

Oh wow I’m surprised to hear that KP is more resolving

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #574 of 11,977
Oh wow I’m surprised to hear that KP is more resolving
Others with both can give a better description as I'm just sharing my interpretation from what others say...

I'm not sure I understand why you would be surprised the Kanas Pro would be more resolving (is more detailed) when the MH755 is a bundled iem for an old bluetooth reciever, which you can potentially get for around 10 USD if you don't get unlucky and get a fake.

From impressions, the MH755 is a giant killer up to the levels of the 50 USD range, some saying that it beats out the Tin Audio T2 (non pro)... Aside from that, I haven't read yet any impressions regarding the MH755 if it scales well with better equipment, but I haven't searched anything regarding that first, while the KP has impressions in this thread saying that it scales well with more expensive setups and is quite revealing of sources.

When I get my own pair, I'll be hoping it's better than the KP of course, but I know that's just probably go8ng to be unlikely.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #575 of 11,977
Others with both can give a better description as I'm just sharing my interpretation from what others say...

I'm not sure I understand why you would be surprised the Kanas Pro would be more resolving (is more detailed) when the MH755 is a bundled iem for an old bluetooth reciever, which you can potentially get for around 10 USD if you don't get unlucky and get a fake.

From impressions, the MH755 is a giant killer up to the levels of the 50 USD range, some saying that it beats out the Tin Audio T2 (non pro)... Aside from that, I haven't read yet any impressions regarding the MH755 if it scales well with better equipment, but I haven't searched anything regarding that first, while the KP has impressions in this thread saying that it scales well with more expensive setups and is quite revealing of sources.

When I get my own pair, I'll be hoping it's better than the KP of course, but I know that's just probably go8ng to be unlikely.

sorry i was referring to MDR7550 aka EX800

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #576 of 11,977
sorry i was referring to MDR7550 aka EX800
Ahh, okie that explains it! Apologies if my spiel offended! I hope there would be more comparisons with the Kanas Pro to other well known iems instead of it's current chifi contemporaries.

How would the Kanas Pro fare when compared with the CA Comet, or more expensive stuff like the Sony EX1000/EX800, or any of the wooden JVC.

I know I'm being hypocritical with trying to compare these with the more expensive iems, but haha, I'm curious. People keep saying that there are extreme diminishing returns pass $300 and thus I'm curious where the line is drawn from being too unrealistic about giant killers. Maybe a fairer comparison would be the higher end models of Moondrop, the Blessing or A8 when people start getting them.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #577 of 11,977
@vault108 made short comparisons between KP, Blessing and A8 - You should get an idea of differences. BadGuyGoodAudio posted KP video lately and he points out his personal preferences and likes EX1000 more than KP, but despite that rates KP very highly.

I will be taking some pics compared to ZSN, ZS4, ATE, IT01 side by side for size references and also post some comparisons vs. KZ ZS5v1 and modded IT01. If it`s really good, will even compare to my desk setup.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #578 of 11,977
@vault108 made short comparisons between KP, Blessing and A8 - You should get an idea of differences. BadGuyGoodAudio posted KP video lately and he points out his personal preferences and likes EX1000 more than KP, but despite that rates KP very highly.

I will be taking some pics compared to ZSN, ZS4, ATE, IT01 side by side for size references and also post some comparisons vs. KZ ZS5v1 and modded IT01. If it`s really good, will even compare to my desk setup.
Yeah, I've seen those already! Haha, I actually meant that maybe people would consider comparing the Blessing and A8 to TOTL iems as more realistic vs the awesome, but admittedly much cheaper Kanas Pro.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #579 of 11,977
Ahh, okie that explains it! Apologies if my spiel offended! I hope there would be more comparisons with the Kanas Pro to other well known iems instead of it's current chifi contemporaries.

How would the Kanas Pro fare when compared with the CA Comet, or more expensive stuff like the Sony EX1000/EX800, or any of the wooden JVC.

I know I'm being hypocritical with trying to compare these with the more expensive iems, but haha, I'm curious. People keep saying that there are extreme diminishing returns pass $300 and thus I'm curious where the line is drawn from being too unrealistic about giant killers. Maybe a fairer comparison would be the higher end models of Moondrop, the Blessing or A8 when people start getting them.

no not at all pls,

i can understand why it is unfair to compare with more expensive models but doing so only sheds light onto lower priced iem's performance and potential

await further responses and comparisons as well =)

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #580 of 11,977
Can anyone do a litte review of the A8 and a little comparison of some well known in-ears like andromeda, ie800, imr r1 or something else? That would be very nice. I think about to buy them, but i want to know how good these are in terms of stage, details, instrument separation, realism and so on. :)

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #581 of 11,977

BBGA draws some compations to the EX1000 in the video linked below:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...pressions-thread.894139/page-37#post-14727502
Keep in mind that he's using foam tips, and as stated by others they reduce treble somewhat and boost mid bass.
I got the impression that BBGA likes a V-shaped signature, and with the foam tips he's boosting bass in the KPE but giving up some treble balance.

And here's a quick comparison to the Comet: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...pressions-thread.894139/page-23#post-14709535

CA Atlas was also mentioned sometimes but never really compared.

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #582 of 11,977
BBGA draws some compations to the EX1000 in the video linked below:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...pressions-thread.894139/page-37#post-14727502
Keep in mind that he's using foam tips, and as stated by others they reduce treble somewhat and boost mid bass.
I got the impression that BBGA likes a V-shaped signature, and with the foam tips he's boosting bass in the KPE but giving up some treble balance.

And here's a quick comparison to the Comet: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...pressions-thread.894139/page-23#post-14709535

CA Atlas was also mentioned sometimes but never really compared.
Oh wow, I missed that Comet comparison thanks!

Yeah, BBGR doesn't hide his preference for V Shaped sound signature based off of his previous videos. He does have good recommendations and he is part of why I got interested in audio stuff.

I thought foam reduces bass and midbass? @.@

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #583 of 11,977
Oh wow, I missed that Comet comparison thanks!

Yeah, BBGR doesn't hide his preference for V Shaped sound signature based off of his previous videos. He does have good recommendations and he is part of why I got interested in audio stuff.

I thought foam reduces bass and midbass? @.@

foam reduces sibilance on treble, and have tendencies to mid bass bleed, thats why i dislike foam tips because it changes the sound signature that much despite of good fit. Wide bore tips like JVC spiral dots reduces midbass bleed and slightly bring mids forward.
Cant wait for my KPE btw. Good reviews keep coming. Not hoping to beat my ex1000 but if it come real close i will be very happy to make them as my daily driver (EX1000 strange connection and thin cable make me scared to bring my EX1000 outside, i got bad experience with accidentally pulled out 1 side of the cable of my old iem and break em)

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #584 of 11,977
foam reduces sibilance on treble, and have tendencies to mid bass bleed, thats why i dislike foam tips because it changes the sound signature that much despite of good fit. Wide bore tips like JVC spiral dots reduces midbass bleed and slightly bring mids forward.
Cant wait for my KPE btw. Good reviews keep coming. Not hoping to beat my ex1000 but if it come real close i will be very happy to make them as my daily driver (EX1000 strange connection and thin cable make me scared to bring my EX1000 outside, i got bad experience with accidentally pulled out 1 side of the cable of my old iem and break em)
Ahh, that makes me excited for the arrival of my JVC Spiral Dots then. I'll plug em in my DMG and hopefully that'll mean I don't need the vented filters.

If not, then I'll order from aliexpress then xD

From all impressions, I'm sure you'll like the KP when it arrives. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back