Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #557 of 11,979
The material of the driver is diamond like coated PEEK (Polyether ether ketone), a very robust material used in different kind of applications including bearings, piston parts, pumps, High-performance liquid chromatography columns, compressor plate valves, electrical cable insulation.PEEK is considered an advanced biomaterial used in medical implants, e.g., use with a high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), for creating a partial replacement skull in neurosurgical applications.
very interesting, is not a simple coated mylar driver

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #558 of 11,979
i dont agree with him about the treble, he is using foam tips, the KP actually can be bright, with very wide bore tips they can be a treble head dream

Foams can be comfy but I woukdnt use them on the kpe either. The kpe definitely has its moments where the treble is perfect for me, depending in tracks mastering. They are a dann good hp, especially for the low price. Anyone who ever found the ex1k too bright, the kpe should be your next purchase. For me, I love them both and cant wait to balance the kpe and continue to tip roll. Like someone else said im very glad I didnt get the dm6, and even happier I cancelled my toneking bl1 order and stumbled upon these. What im really looking forward to know is that moondrop with the est tweeters, should be interesting.

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #560 of 11,979
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #562 of 11,979
I was close to buying regular Kanas, but then I've found a perfect tip that brought more energy up to upper-mids and now drums are finally punchy to my taste (well, at least 95% of the time now). So my urge to buy a new IEM is tamed for now.

Probably I'll save for Amadeus and get a cheap MH755 for the lols.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #563 of 11,979
I was close to buying regular Kanas, but then I've found a perfect tip that brought more energy up to upper-mids and now drums are finally punchy to my taste (well, at least 95% of the time now). So my urge to buy a new IEM is tamed for now.

regular Kanas is darker and bassier

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #565 of 11,979
Thanks. I'm assuming the 23mm includes the nozzle length?

Nothing, just trying to get an idea of the actual size as I have fairly small ears.
I have the CCA C10, which is almost carbon copy of the ZSN in form factor, and the Kanas Pro is bigger/longer than it. It really depends on fit and tips though as my girlfriend has smaller ears than me, and the Kanas Pro fits her perfectly with AET 07 size M. The CCA C10 with the same tips didn't fit her ear at all.

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #567 of 11,979

Why’s that? 755 is better?

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #568 of 11,979
I wouldn’t mind the MD one since it’s a matte finish unlike the original. However the ship date is end Feb...=\
Oh, is that a massdrop exclusive then? Or did they just post the pictures of the Kanas and not the real Kanas Pro?

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #569 of 11,979
Oh, is that a massdrop exclusive then? Or did they just post the pictures of the Kanas and not the real Kanas Pro?
I think it’s just that the photos look matte. The description clearly describes a “highly reflective housing.”

Also, my KPE are in the States. I’ll hopefully take delivery next week!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back