Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #4,412 of 11,979
Moondrop Starfield

(from their Facebook page)
MOONDROP
13 hrs ·
The look value surpasses your expectations! The sound of Starfield is more like a decentralized version of KXXS, and the overall sound trend is closer. Starfield's tuning still has no obvious bias. The brightness of its sound is slightly higher than KXXS. The position of the human voice is a bit backward. The width of the soundstage is a bit narrowed, and the extension weaker than KXXS. Hope all you will like it!

"The position of the human voice is a bit backward", does this mean the vocals are recessed, in comparison to the KXXS ?

These Chinese companies really need to up their game when it comes to communicating in English. It's so sad to see what should have been a promotional text so poorly written and with so much emphasis on the product's shortcomings.

Yep, I also never understood why in Asia sometimes it seems so difficult for companies to just work with a native English speaking translator who reads over promotional texts before they get published. Should not take much time nor would it be very expensive....
It`s the same here in Japan....

The amazon description is verging on the poetic!

The starry sky paint technology
Stars hidden in the earphone cable
Super-sequential carbon nanotube diaphragm
Double-cavity structure of brass gold-plated inner cavity.
Lightweight and high performance transducing structure
The tuning has a combination of balance and musicality
High extensibility and playability

Jan 7, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #4,413 of 11,979
DD1A7D20-4067-4FFA-8815-34619B1B94E4.jpeg

Jan 7, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #4,414 of 11,979
Jan 8, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #4,419 of 11,979
I just got my Starfield, haven't listened to them but did a quick measurement. I just do this for fun and I'll add it to my review but as always my reviews are subjective and based on listening sessions.

Moondrop Starfield.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #4,420 of 11,979
I just got my Starfield, haven't listened to them but did a quick measurement. I just do this for fun and I'll add it to my review but as always my reviews are subjective and based on listening sessions.
This looks very pretty similar to my modded KPE but with tad more mid-bass:

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #4,421 of 11,979

I wish you showed the KXXS along with it. It does look like the treble is extended, but wonder if more extension compared to KXXS. Definately more so than KPE.

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #4,422 of 11,979
Crin rated the s8 whit an A+

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #4,424 of 11,979
Jan 8, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #4,425 of 11,979
So the pitchforks are held back then? After that incident with T800...
I dont know man the t800 rating can be justified i i personally dont grab my t800 anymore since months because of my kxxs after crins rating i listen to the t800 and it was just boomy and sibilant i had better times whit the t800 but i think you have to stick to them and get use to the tuning but after months of harman the t800 was just to much of a V-U shape

But i would still say it is a B- contender

Users who are viewing this thread

Back