Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #1,742 of 12,005
For the Dayton iMM-6, what software are you using to generate the graphs? Is that something from Dayton? Software runs on Apple, Android, PC, Mac, or what? :relaxed:

Android > AudioTool (uncalibrated atm). Starting to make my own calibration file based off on IEMs I have compared to other calibrated measurements. Problem is - many of my IEMs are now in modded condition and thus out of use for that.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #1,743 of 12,005
Demo'ed the Fearless S6 and S8 today. I was looking for an upgrade to my KPE which I have been enjoying for the past 3-4 weeks and just wanted to share my experience. Between the s6 and s8 themselves they are very close. Compared to KPE both has better resolution, brighter, more transparent and are able pull out more microdetails. Soundstage is wider and sounds more open. Also more bass quantity, harder hitting, more thump. So from a technical view they are superior, but not by much - I would say 15-20% better to my ears. HOWEVER, coming back to the KPE first thing I sense is more realism, timber is more natural and organic. I also greatly prefer the dynamic bass texture on KPE. At the end of the day I would not trade these qualities for better technical ability. Although the fearless are definitely very capable (better than DM6 which I also previously owned) they wont be replacing my KPE. Bottom line is the KPE are keepers for sure and a no brainer at their price point. Do note that getting a perfect seal is crucial and you will be amazed on what they can offer.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #1,746 of 12,005
What are some Kanas Pro tips for larger ear canals? Have tried SpinFit cp145 and JVC Spiral Dots, close but not a win. Yet because of the weight & nozzle length of this IEM, it still falls out, breaking the seal and sound quality. Comply foam tips would work, but then I'm sacrificing highs since they muzzle treble. What else can I roll, and can you provide a link if not found on Amazon?

Mar 23, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #1,747 of 12,005
Have had one day only with the kpe and I must say that it blows all my other iems out of the park! Ootb it was too thin and the midbass was lacking for me but with good silicone tips and especially using the front vent mod the sound changes drastically for the much better to my ears. This iem now has incredible balance, detail, clarity, good soundstage and I feel it's uniqueness compared to all other iems I have tried is it natural life-like timbre! Just an absolute delight to listen to and for me is well worth the hype (first time I have really felt that) and an absolute must own iem for anyone! Just a few nitpicks would be that I would have preferred a bit more energy to the bass as it can sound a tad soft and for male vocals (which is already incredible sounding!) I would perhaps preferred slight bit more body for a more meaty and delicious sound. Overall, these are near perfect for my ears and I am absolutely enjoying the hell out these!

Only thing in my mind now is the tanchjim oxygen as most reviews prefer the soundstage and bass on that iem. I really really want to A/B that with my kanas pro but it is way too expensive and I really hope the kanas pro is equally as good.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #1,748 of 12,005
Demo'ed the Fearless S6 and S8 today. I was looking for an upgrade to my KPE which I have been enjoying for the past 3-4 weeks and just wanted to share my experience. Between the s6 and s8 themselves they are very close. Compared to KPE both has better resolution, brighter, more transparent and are able pull out more microdetails. Soundstage is wider and sounds more open. Also more bass quantity, harder hitting, more thump. So from a technical view they are superior, but not by much - I would say 15-20% better to my ears. HOWEVER, coming back to the KPE first thing I sense is more realism, timber is more natural and organic. I also greatly prefer the dynamic bass texture on KPE. At the end of the day I would not trade these qualities for better technical ability. Although the fearless are definitely very capable (better than DM6 which I also previously owned) they wont be replacing my KPE. Bottom line is the KPE are keepers for sure and a no brainer at their price point. Do note that getting a perfect seal is crucial and you will be amazed on what they can offer.

Thanks for the impressions. I was waiting for someone to do a direct comparison with the KPE, which I have and love. I have never tried an all “BA” set and was thinking of giving ones of these a go.

Mar 23, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #1,749 of 12,005
What are some Kanas Pro tips for larger ear canals? Have tried SpinFit cp145 and JVC Spiral Dots, close but not a win. Yet because of the weight & nozzle length of this IEM, it still falls out, breaking the seal and sound quality. Comply foam tips would work, but then I'm sacrificing highs since they muzzle treble. What else can I roll, and can you provide a link if not found on Amazon?

I use symbio W’s with the foam removed, which works well for me. They are good with the foam, but I find them a bit more comfortable without.

Mar 23, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #1,750 of 12,005

i post about spiral dots mod with memory foam on eartips thread long time ago, try it. it make the spiral dots fuller by a quarter size. and i post about how to use spiral dots on KP so they wont move back to end of nozzle on this thread just 2 or 3 pages before

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,751 of 12,005
i post about spiral dots mod with memory foam on eartips thread long time ago, try it. it make the spiral dots fuller by a quarter size. and i post about how to use spiral dots on KP so they wont move back to end of nozzle on this thread just 2 or 3 pages before
+1 spiral dots with foam.
i've been using spiral dots filled with foam for years.
perfect seal, no highs taming. tried different types of foam (denser, lighter..)
my best tips..

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,752 of 12,005

Like you, I find dynamic drivers more coherent than any multi-ba set I have tried. I LOVE the Dm6 as well. It's hard for me to imagine a better sounding IEM than the KPE, properly burned in, with a perfect seal.

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #1,753 of 12,005
I use symbio W’s with the foam removed, which works well for me. They are good with the foam, but I find them a bit more comfortable without.
Yes, +1. My exact experience and what I am “rolling” with.

Also, because the stem is so long it is hard sometimes to get a good seal at the correct angle. I make sure the tip is pushed onto the KPE stem as far as it will go without covering the vent opening.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,754 of 12,005

Thank you for your reply and pointing me in the right direction. I'll give this a try. Which size Comply S? 100, 400 or something else? And I normally get large, but since we're putting in a silicon sleeve is medium suggested instead?

Here's the link so others don't need to go searching for it. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/page-27#post-14711620

Users who are viewing this thread

Back