Monster Turbine Pro
Feb 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #271 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you find another tip combination that works great with the MTP, please let us know
beerchug.gif

The phonak grey silicons are being recommended highly in the MTP-C thread's opening post/review. In fact, their effect is described in very similar terms to the UE tips here.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #272 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The phonak grey silicons are being recommended highly in the MTP-C thread's opening post/review. In fact, their effect is described in very similar terms to the UE tips here.

I think I'm going to have to start a new thread about a trade for some phonak tips. I have a lot of tips to offer for a trade if anyone is interested.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #274 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, after reading this thread, I went ahead and ordered a pair. My only other decent headphones are a pair of recabled K81DJs, so I'm looking forward to receiving them.

got mind last week and im on my 30th hour of burn in and these things sound amazing
redface.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #278 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a seperate thread for the Monster Turbine Pro Copper? (these things simply trounce my other iems) IMO to do better I'd have to go custom.

Please give it a review in the Monster Turbine Pro Copper thread that Daouda linked to.

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #279 of 335
Just got my golds in. To be honest, I'm listening right now (with zero burn-in) and I'm really unimpressed, disappointed even. I'm getting a good seal and the bottom end sounds pretty good, but I feel like the highs and even mids to an extent aren't there at all. I'm hoping they'll get a little brighter with burn in, or else they're going back

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #280 of 335
Quote:

Just got my golds in. To be honest, I'm listening right now (with zero burn-in) and I'm really unimpressed, disappointed even. I'm getting a good seal and the bottom end sounds pretty good, but I feel like the highs and even mids to an extent aren't there at all. I'm hoping they'll get a little brighter with burn in, or else they're going back

Weird, because thats what I thought about the IE8 and the MTPG are much better. I liked them right out of the box, and their in my top three or four universal fit IEM, along with W3, UM3X and W2 (Triple.fi would be #5).

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #281 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird, because thats what I thought about the IE8 and the MTPG are much better. I liked them right out of the box, and their in my top three or four universal fit IEM, along with W3, UM3X and W2 (Triple.fi would be #5).

Yeah, I was really quite surprised when I put these on. Changing the tips helped a little. Using the silicon tips (non-"super" silicons) helped clean things up a little bit. I was using the supers and the tri-flanges before. I'll keep listening for another few days and see how things go.

Would you mind comparing the sound of the W2 to the MTPGs for me? I read your W2 review, and it seems their sound sig may suit me better.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #282 of 335
I have a loaner pair of MTP Gold and I'll chime in with finding the Head-direct big bi-flange as an excellent tip choice.

On the whole I feel they are right there with the top level phones. There only fault being a bit narrower in the soundstage than I would want. Great depth, excellent extension(missing only the extreme ends a bit), great detail and imaging, and some speed. I hear excellent balance and no real peaks in the sound. The only things I would like are greater separation(preference), a bit more floor to ceiling on the soundstage, and a touch more treble reach.

I would say that I might prefer the Copper since they are said to have a bit more air in the separation and soundstage. Though I feel the Gold has the right amount of bass(out of portables anyway), so, if the Copper has less that would be a downer.

I think about $180-$185 is a good price for them. I also think some who say they are too bling or gaudy are off on that. Didn't get many looks wearing them out and about and they are not huge to be that noticeable. I and others I came across were more conscious of the TF10 due to there huge size and shaping. I might say the MTP could make you more of a target for getting robbed though due to the fancy look. If riding the subway home at night, I might not take them out for that reason but not because of their appearance.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #283 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say that I might prefer the Copper since they are said to have a bit more air in the separation and soundstage. Though I feel the Gold has the right amount of bass(out of portables anyway), so, if the Copper has less that would be a downer.

People who have heard both the gold and the copper aren't reporting that the copper has less bass. It's interesting, shigzeo and wiley (an excellent reviewer on amazon who kindly did a head-to-head-to-head with the gold, copper and IE8) both have said that it's not so easy to discern the difference in bass between gold and copper. You can check out what they say in the MTPC's own thread.

Mar 6, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #284 of 335
Quote:

Yeah, I was really quite surprised when I put these on. Changing the tips helped a little. Using the silicon tips (non-"super" silicons) helped clean things up a little bit. I was using the supers and the tri-flanges before. I'll keep listening for another few days and see how things go.

Would you mind comparing the sound of the W2 to the MTPGs for me? I read your W2 review, and it seems their sound sig may suit me better.

I'm working on an exclusive review and will post a link when I am done (hopefully this weekend).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back