Monster Turbine Pro Gold vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper vs Ultimate Ears Triple-fi 10
Dec 16, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 49

Quote:
ok ill think ill go with the UE Triple fi
one last question are they durable

cable issues galore...but aftermarket cables will solve that

but IMHO...no BA phonese can beat dynamics when it comes to bass....

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #19 of 49

Quote:
are after market cables just cables you can replace them with

yes, if you believe in headphone dark magic...they also improve the sound..IDK about this (shrugs)

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #21 of 49

Quote:
how much would a good wire cost.

I think you can find them on ebay, try the triple fi 10's without the replacement cables yet, the sound sig might be satisfactory even without the aftermarket cables (even if you can hear a difference, generally, it wouldn't be worlds better)

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #22 of 49

Quote:
which one is the best for 
Sound
Comfort
Isolation
Bass
Clairty

Sound - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Comfort - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Isolation - Tie
Bass - Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Clarity - Monster Turbine Pro Copper

No doubt the TF10's are good, but to me the Coppers just blew these away. The TF10's will stick out like a sore thumb and look pretty silly, that is IF you can get a good seal. If you have smaller ears, it will be harder to get a decent seal because the TF10's are so large. The SLAM and IMPACT of the Bass on the Coppers and Golds actually set a new standard for Bass quality to me, especially the Coppers. I did not find the 3 balanced armatures WITH a cross-over system to sound better than the Coppers at all, actually it sounded worse, to me. The TF10's sound warm and full right out of the box, but the dynamic drivers in the Copper will need a good 50-200hrs of burn-in to sound their best. The bass on the Copper is of such high-quality, I can't get enough of it! The Coppers are know for their clarity and lack of sibilance, so to me they have the best bass quality and slam I have heard for rap, while having very good mids and treble as I really did not want to sacrifice ANYTHING.

The TF10's do have a cult following, which is understandable but I found they did not live up to the hype by any means. Also the Coppers were rated a 9.5 out of 10 for sound quality by ljokerl and his famous review thread, beating out quite a few multiple-armature IEM's, which is no small feat for a single dynamic transducer, that's how good the MTPC is. I purchased my TF10 when they had that Amazon deal for $95.00, I always wondered if they sold the MTPC for the same price, would it sell more than the TF10'S did? Imitation is the best form of flattery, justified by the fact of so many fake Coppers being sold almost EVERYWHERE. Anyway, you really can't go wrong with either of these but for me the Coppers would be a very good choice.

Dec 17, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #23 of 49

a huge turnoff was the fit for the triple fi's, it wasn't hard to get a good seal, but because the earpieces were jutting out, they were always falling out (least it felt like that) Quote:
Quote:
Sound
Comfort
Isolation
Bass
Clairty

Isolation - Tie

No doubt the TF10's are good, but to me the Coppers just blew these away. The TF10's will stick out like a sore thumb and look pretty silly, that is IF you can get a good seal. If you have smaller ears, it will be harder to get a decent seal because the TF10's are so large. The SLAM and IMPACT of the Bass on the Coppers and Golds actually set a new standard for Bass quality to me, especially the Coppers. I did not find the 3 balanced armatures WITH a cross-over system to sound better than the Coppers at all, actually it sounded worse, to me. The TF10's sound warm and full right out of the box, but the dynamic drivers in the Copper will need a good 50-200hrs of burn-in to sound their best. The bass on the Copper is of such high-quality, I can't get enough of it! The Coppers are know for their clarity and lack of sibilance, so to me they have the best bass quality and slam I have heard for rap, while having very good mids and treble as I really did not want to sacrifice ANYTHING.

The TF10's do have a cult following, which is understandable but I found they did not live up to the hype by any means. Also the Coppers were rated a 9.5 out of 10 for sound quality by ljokerl and his famous review thread, beating out quite a few multiple-armature IEM's, which is no small feat for a single dynamic transducer, that's how good the MTPC is. I purchased my TF10 when they had that Amazon deal for $95.00, I always wondered if they sold the MTPC for the same price, would it sell more than the TF10'S did? Imitation is the best form of flattery, justified by the fact of so many fake Coppers being sold almost EVERYWHERE. Anyway, you really can't go wrong with either of these but for me the Coppers would be a very good choice.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #24 of 49
I personally like the Coppers more. The TripleFis have a tendency to sound thin and harsh with certain genres, due to the V-shaped sound signature. They also seem to have more details compared to the Copper, due to the tipped, although I personally feel that detail retrieval on the Coppers are not that far behind from the TripleFis. What I love about the Turbine Coppers is the ability to remain smooth sounding and dynamic with almost anything you throw at them.

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #25 of 49

Quote:
Quote:
Sound
Comfort
Isolation
Bass
Clairty

Isolation - Tie

I personally pm'ed joker on that matter why he didn't include the tf-10 in his review. But I'm sure he'll rate it over the monsters. He said that he would rate it over 9.5
See the thing is it depends all on personal preference. Spec wise and frequency response wise the coppers are better than the tf-10 but it doesnt really matter. I prefer the tf-10 for their clarity and it just sounds like a more high-end iem than the monsters. Because the truth is, I think the coppers are really too hyped up and appeal to a lot of people only due to their resonating bass..

Having actually tested the Tf-10 in my friend's recording studio on perfectly mastered albums has made me rethink the "supposedly" V-shaped frequency response and recessed mids on this phone. It's vocal chords are actually more forward on female artists then many would suspect and I believe the reason why the tf-10 is hated on is because of it's annoying tendency to change sq when using different tips. Comply tips are absolutely dreadful on the tf-10 and all the bottom-low end is distorted ( Actually reaches the monsters copper's level on bass quantity) and massively present.
The stock single silicone tips are not for everyone and tend to slip out of the ear canal. If you can fit even that combination into your ear then you'll be quite surprised at the sound. But best overall are custom silicone tips. They really isolate well and the best thing is they don't impede on the sonion drivers and muddle the high frequency channel.

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #26 of 49
And btw the stock cables really aren't as bad as people have said.
If you wear them normally and don't wrap them around the dap then you should be fine.
The annoying memory cord pisses me off though because it gets quite fatiguing on my ears.
Your best bet is not to order a stock cable from UE but go for the twilight cable on ebay (40) or their older brother. Also popular choices include the Null Audio Lunar series. But that's quite expensive.

I don't think you understand the term "blown away".
If you can say I was using no brand chinese manufactured stock earbuds found in the hotel gyms and upgraded to a Stax Omega Sr-007 Mk2 then I can agree you were "blown away".
If there is a single person (Probably more than a couple hundred) that prefers the tf-10 to the bass-heavy monsters than it's all YMMV.
And the hype/placebo doesn't exist on the tf-10 as they are relatively old compared to the monsters and definitely hated on because of the size of the tube and the fit.
There is also no cult for the tf-10s. People just like buying them for the price of 100 dollars. Most end up returning it or selling it anyways. As you can evidently see on the fs threads. People who have no problem with the comfort/fit never sell this iem even when they upgrade to customs and better.
It has it's own unique way of interpreting the musicality and tonality balance on a piece. Does some songs absolutely magnanimously pulchritudinous =]

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #27 of 49
I bought the TF.10 once and wasn't able to get a perfect fit: There was a severe pan/imbalance issue, so I returned these the following day. China, being China, the vendor contacted my aunt's cellphone and says, "there have no pan/imbalance, why did you return them", whatnot.
Some say it's the humidity in Shanghai. Nevertheless, during that 10 seconds of listening I found them to be muddy and blurred. Back then I was on the Golds.
Then I got the SE530, which was even muddier. This is incredible as BA drivers are supposed to have better resolution, detail, clarity and whatnot. Not in my case. Now I have the Coppers and I can say they are superior to the STAX SR-001. That's right: I am saying that this single dynamic driver is superior than three stacked BA drivers, or a little electrostatic driver.

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #28 of 49

Quote:
I bought the TF.10 once and wasn't able to get a perfect fit: There was a severe pan/imbalance issue, so I returned these the following day. China, being China, the vendor contacted my aunt's cellphone and says, "there have no pan/imbalance, why did you return them", whatnot.
Some say it's the humidity in Shanghai. Nevertheless, during that 10 seconds of listening I found them to be muddy and blurred. Back then I was on the Golds.
Then I got the SE530, which was even muddier. This is incredible as BA drivers are supposed to have better resolution, detail, clarity and whatnot. Not in my case. Now I have the Coppers and I can say they are superior to the STAX SR-001. That's right: I am saying that this single dynamic driver is superior than three stacked BA drivers, or a little electrostatic driver.

Sigh, I can't understand your English in the first part.
Sure you can prefer anything even stock apple earbuds over the qualias.
But I don't think you should say the se530 or tf-10 are blurry or unclear.
That's quite a logical blunder on your part.
These kind of posts will force some readers to believe the assumption that the two iems are largely inferior to the coppers.
I believe that it's because of your love for the coppers that you are emphasizing their eminence.

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #29 of 49
Responses in bold.

Quote:
Quote:

Sigh, I can't understand your English in the first part. Well... I write exactly as I think, things come out as raw and unprocessed as they can be. Sorry, though.
Sure you can prefer anything even stock apple earbuds over the qualias. It would be an honor to listen to the 010, then I can decide.
But I don't think you should say the se530 or tf-10 are blurry or unclear. To my ears, they are.
That's quite a logical blunder on your part. Ibidem.
These kind of posts will force some readers to believe the assumption that the two iems are largely inferior to the coppers. Again, they are vastly inferior, to my ears. However, if any logical buyer (who has this kind of money anyway) has ever read through some reviews and comparison posts, the buyer would understand (Lord, I hope so) that we all have different ears.
I believe that it's because of your love for the coppers that you are emphasizing their eminence. Same thing about you, man.

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #30 of 49

Quote:
Responses in bold.

Quote:
Quote:

Sigh, I can't understand your English in the first part. Well... I write exactly as I think, things come out as raw and unprocessed as they can be. Sorry, though.
Sure you can prefer anything even stock apple earbuds over the qualias. It would be an honor to listen to the 010, then I can decide.
But I don't think you should say the se530 or tf-10 are blurry or unclear. To my ears, they are.
That's quite a logical blunder on your part. Ibidem.
These kind of posts will force some readers to believe the assumption that the two iems are largely inferior to the coppers. Again, they are vastly inferior, to my ears. However, if any logical buyer (who has this kind of money anyway) has ever read through some reviews and comparison posts, the buyer would understand (Lord, I hope so) that we all have different ears.
I believe that it's because of your love for the coppers that you are emphasizing their eminence. Same thing about you, man.

I don't need go into a lengthy explanation on your fallacies. Take a simple look on how a new person on headfi will view your thread.
Your job is to help him out and state universal facts on certain things. Giving your own opinion that way and stating such a blatant response usually has a biased and negative effect on someone's decision. Wasn't talking about you using the qualias. Was stating a general example that everyone will agree on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back