Monster Turbine Pro Gold vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper vs Ultimate Ears Triple-fi 10
Dec 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 49
Sound- Ue tf-10
Comfort-Monster
Isolation-Ue tf-10
Bass-Monster for quantity and tf-10 for extension/punch/speed
Clarity- That's a joke Tf-10 by far. You just can't beat the drivers in the tf-10 with a dynamic earphone when it comes to clarity. Imaging perhaps.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 49
sound...really depends on the users needs/preference, golds/coppers bassier than the BA based triple fi's
comfort:xf_eek:nce again, based on user, the coppers and golds are heavy so some might find them uncomfortable (I did, though others disagree) the triple fi 10's...many find fitment issues with these, the housings are light, but they stick out of the ears a lot so they have trouble remaining in.
Isolation, triple fi 10's win here (depends on tip selection as well) but I think the triple fi 10's isolate a bit more
bass: that' fit's in sound, but from users reviews and observations, the monsters are the bassiest (golds having more bass quantity, while coppers having nearly the same amount of bass but more quality as well) (for even more bass/ a combo of the features of both the coppers and the golds, I suggest looking into the miles davis tributes (expecially since they're $299.99 because of a sale on monstercable.com (also, you get $150 in monster dollars, $150 to buy anything on the monster site)
clarity: triple fi 10's win because the bass doesn't mask some of the details like the copper and golds (remember...in ear SPEAKERS)

James

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 49

Quote:
Sound- Ue tf-10
Comfort-Monster
Isolation-Ue tf-10
Clarity- That's a joke Tf-10 by far. You just can't beat the drivers in the tf-10 with a dynamic earphone when it comes to clarity. Imaging perhaps.

LOL, notice we pretty much typed in the same reponse? :D

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 49

Quote:
Quote:
Sound- Ue tf-10
Comfort-Monster
Isolation-Ue tf-10

LOL, notice we pretty much typed in the same reponse? :D

Yeah haha =]

We see each other a lot xD

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 49

Agreed, thats the way i heard it. Even imaging i would give to the TF10. The only reason i did not keep mine is the V shaped sound sig, i like balance and a natural presentation . Other than that the TF10 were nice and is superior in clarity.
Quote:
Sound- Ue tf-10
Comfort-Monster
Isolation-Ue tf-10

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #8 of 49

Quote:
what do you mean when you say extension/punch/speed i heard the coppers had an amazing sound
Have you tried all three

extension, how long the bass note lasts, take it this way, the triple fi's have balanced armatures, the bass they produce is detailed, and could have the same slam as dynamic driverse, but the bass goes away really quickly (more clarity because of this) that explains what we mean by speed, next, punch is how strong you hear the bass, light bass vs strong bass (pretty much bass light phones...earbuds are a good example vs beats by doctor dre) or open headphones vs closed headphones

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 49

Quote:
what do you mean when you say extension/punch/speed i heard the coppers had an amazing sound
Have you tried all three

What does the coppers having an amazing sound have to do with anything?
Yes, I have tried all three in fact I had at the time my tf-10 with me when i demoed both of them with my own setup.
Extension simply means the tf-10 to me reaches sub bass levels and really goes deep (Also, might mention it does indeed depend on how long it stays). Punch and speed are superior due to the armatures and the oscillations that are forced out of the housing. That just means the bass is more hard-hitting and the rhythm appears to be faster. It doesn't mean that there is more bass then the monsters. 

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #11 of 49

Quote:
ok thx I think I will have to decide between the coppers and the triple fi
I dont want them sticking out of my ear and I listen to hip-hop and rap so I need bass

Be weary of the fit. They might not be comfortable for your ears. As for me they fit fine./

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #12 of 49

Quote:
Quote:
Have you tried all three

What does the coppers having an amazing sound have to do with anything?
Yes, I have tried all three in fact I had at the time my tf-10 with me when i demoed both of them with my own setup.
Extension simply means the tf-10 to me reaches sub bass levels and really goes deep (Also, might mention it does indeed depend on how long it stays). Punch and speed are superior due to the armatures and the oscillations that are forced out of the housing. That just means the bass is more hard-hitting and the rhythm appears to be faster. It doesn't mean that there is more bass then the monsters. 

oh dang it, yeah, disregard my post, i created definitions for myself in my noggin...

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 49

Quote:
Quote:
I dont want them sticking out of my ear and I listen to hip-hop and rap so I need bass

Be weary of the fit. They might not be comfortable for your ears. As for me they fit fine./

Quote:

for me, no BA based headphones are enough for rap/hip hop, westone 3 is regarded as the bassiest of most BA based phones but when I listen to hip hop, i still grab my brainwavz m2's. regarding the fit, even if you get a good seal/fit the earpieces will still jut out more than the majority of IEMs because of the shape of the housing unless you have really really deep ears...

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #14 of 49

The TF10 are perfect for rap. Same sound sig as a car stereo you hear going down the road lots of treble and lots of bass, lots of bass impact. If amped it will make your eyes cross from the impact. I ran my TF10's from a Sansa Fuze - LOD- P-51 Mustang and the bass would literally make my eyes cross. Lots of impact and very punchy. The soudstage is nice and wide also.
Quote:

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #15 of 49

Quote:
The TF10 are perfect for rap. Same sound sig as a car stereo you hear going down the road lots of treble and lots of bass, lots of bass impact. If amped it will make your eyes cross from the impact. I ran my TF10's from a Sansa Fuze - LOD- P-51 Mustang and the bass would literally make my eyes cross. Lots of impact and very punchy. The soudstage is nice and wide also.
Quote:

maybe I never got a good seal with all of my IEMs....the westone 3's had impact, but nothing as you have described, the same with the triple fi's, with the brainwavz, i could actually feel the bass....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back