Monster Turbine Pro Gold - Questions
Dec 2, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #17 of 39
hmmm interesting!
So they are heavier, but are more comfortable?

I might take the plunge and just buy them for £125, if anything, and I don't like them at all sell them on...
But it's very interesting to see the comparison between them, and your thoughts on them!

Dec 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #19 of 39

Quote:
hmmm interesting!
So they are heavier, but are more comfortable?

I might take the plunge and just buy them for £125, if anything, and I don't like them at all sell them on...
But it's very interesting to see the comparison between them, and your thoughts on them!

the weight was a issue for me (though others have also voiced their objections to my opinion) all i can say is, forget about taking them on your daily jog

Dec 4, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #20 of 39

Okie dokie, thanks for the info.
But what about the SQ.

Bassy by the looks of it, what about the mids/highs in comparison to other phones out there?
Quote:
the weight was a issue for me (though others have also voiced their objections to my opinion) all i can say is, forget about taking them on your daily jog

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #21 of 39
I got an important question:
Current situation is this.
If I get the 50% discount it will go under the name/address/billing info of the staff member, thus not me, nor someone I really know/trust.
If anything goes wrong with it I will need that staff member to pick it up so to speak, even if I have the receipt.

In other words the warranty from day 1 is not really valid without the staff member being physically present.

Is it worth taking my chances on the phones, for £125, even though the warranty is off from day one?
Or would you guys suggest getting 2nd hand pairs from head-fi or something of the sort?

Regards,
Chris

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #22 of 39
I have had for a few days now and honestly i am not too fond of them.  I prefer the SQ of the C751 as the trebles sounded more open and clearer and need no EQ'n and the bass was smoother and deeper, where the MTPG is more punchy and kick bass.  MTPG sound very good on my EQ'd Iriver H320 but not so much on my Sony S739.

On my Iriver I increase the Stereo widith by 25%  took give a better soundstage and increase the low bass levels 30hz and then it sound what I would say great.  The odd thing is with the C751 when I decreased the lows to 20hz the bass was still pounding hard, but with the MTPG it seems the bass is not pounding at 20hz and sounding better at 30hz.  Also bass seems to distort at higher levels that the C751 never did at the same levels.

I would say, get your self another IEM, like the IE8 as I hear that one is better.

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #23 of 39

hmm thanks for the input but I tried the IE8's they sound HORRIBLE to my ears at least....
MTPG not having enough bass, are you sure you got genuine ones?

BTW: I might be able to pick them up on ebay from a local seller...if that's possible I might get them under £100 :D!
Quote:
I have had for a few days now and honestly i am not too fond of them.  I prefer the SQ of the C751 as the trebles sounded more open and clearer and need no EQ'n and the bass was smoother and deeper, where the MTPG is more punchy and kick bass.  MTPG sound very good on my EQ'd Iriver H320 but not so much on my Sony S739.

On my Iriver I increase the Stereo widith by 25%  took give a better soundstage and increase the low bass levels 30hz and then it sound what I would say great.  The odd thing is with the C751 when I decreased the lows to 20hz the bass was still pounding hard, but with the MTPG it seems the bass is not pounding at 20hz and sounding better at 30hz.  Also bass seems to distort at higher levels that the C751 never did at the same levels.

I would say, get your self another IEM, like the IE8 as I hear that one is better.

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #24 of 39

Quote:
hmm thanks for the input but I tried the IE8's they sound HORRIBLE to my ears at least....

BTW: I might be able to pick them up on ebay from a local seller...if that's possible I might get them under £100 :D!
Quote:

Did you try a burned-in IE8?  IE8 does sound quite bad out of the box.  Perhaps they were fake even?

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #25 of 39
big debate even had some huge arguments with members on here.
Yes they were genuine's from amazon, sounded terrible, made me doubt if they were fake or not.

Heard some real ones sent from Mark on head-fi, he loves them, I hate them. lol
So in reality, they sounded bad, the isolation was bad, the connection was bad...overall quality: Terrible.
That's my opinion lol

Quote:

Did you try a burned-in IE8?  IE8 does sound quite bad out of the box.  Perhaps they were fake even?

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #26 of 39
They are defo real as the SQ is similar to what I would call real as I have heard fake CX300 and fake Sony earphones.  Also I compared the one I have with pictures of fakes on the web and my one defo seems the reasl deal.  It has what I would say alot bass, but it is not as smooth as it is with C751, the C751 has a more smoother bass, where the MTPG has more punchy bass. 

Quote:

Quote:

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #29 of 39
Today i was trying out different tips as it came with so many different ones.  I have finally found the one that makes it sound great.  The tips I was using were the thick and foam tips and today I finally tried the silicon tips(similar to C751s) and sound is much better the trebles are more clearer(Not much as C751) and bass seems to sound a little bit better.  I think I finally am starting to like it.  The thick tips that isolate well, don't make it sound as good.  Isolation now seems less but the sound has goten better.

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #30 of 39
i just got my MTPG...having seen the vids on the monster website..
with so many professionals going ..wow..wow..wow.

right off the mark, i am having problems getting a good stable fit.
Gone thru all the  included supertips, silicon tips, foamtips...
every one makes the MTPG sounds a little different, so it goes down to a matter of taste and luck-of-fit.

I like the medium size supertips, enhances the clarity and brilliance in the treble of this iem.
the foamtips dulled the sound a notch...but stronger bass.
Gonna experiment with more versions of the supertips from the store..
seen some with cylindrical shapes instead of the spherical ones..
these might just fit my audiocanals better..lol.

On the whole, would say this MTPG is by far the most appealing iem i have owned. 
The is a liquid warm clarity which i love... :)
( the other two being shure 530,top rolled off... n um3x, too analytical)

PS: just my own taste n likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back