Monster Turbine Pro Gold - Questions
Dec 5, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #31 of 39
What DAP do you use?  MTPG sounds great on my Rockboxed Iriver H320 as I have reduced the bass to around 30hz to make bass deep and gave a slight treble boost on the equalizer.  On my Sony S739 it just does not sound good at flat EQ and I have to increase the treble by few bars.

I guess I am still use to the sound of the Denon C751.
Quote:
i just got my MTPG...having seen the vids on the monster website..
with so many professionals going ..wow..wow..wow.

right off the mark, i am having problems getting a good stable fit.
Gone thru all the  included supertips, silicon tips, foamtips...
every one makes the MTPG sounds a little different, so it goes down to a matter of taste and luck-of-fit.

I like the medium size supertips, enhances the clarity and brilliance in the treble of this iem.
the foamtips dulled the sound a notch...but stronger bass.
Gonna experiment with more versions of the supertips from the store..
seen some with cylindrical shapes instead of the spherical ones..
these might just fit my audiocanals better..lol.

On the whole, would say this MTPG is by far the most appealing iem i have owned. 
The is a liquid warm clarity which i love... :)
( the other two being shure 530,top rolled off... n um3x, too analytical)

PS: just my own taste n likes.

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #32 of 39
small clarification to my earlier post..
the buds that i like most, the one that gives better clarity in the treble is the medium GEL supertips.
(the supertips also comes in foam version)

i am playing out from my mcbook via udac2.. :)

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #34 of 39
I would be careful with eBay.  I my self got lucky but that might not be case all the time. I would send a message to seller asking him if is genuine and tell him, you have owned a genuine one before and would know the difference.

Also I have been listening to the MPTG more and more.  What I have noticed is the the Vocals are more laid back compared to the C751.  For example in many songs the instruments are louder or at the same volume as the vocals are, it's like the singer is further back.  Where as on the C751 the vocals are more dominant.

Quote:
nice :D!
I was looking at buying them for £100 off ebay from trusted sellers....
How would the warranty work for that if you guys know?

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #35 of 39
For the 751's Iv'e never found one song that has been more vocal orientated rather than bass. The bass on the 751's for me has always been overwhelming the other sounds.

About the ebay thing:
Well the person I want to buy it from didn't reply to a text, a message on ebay, nor an email. However, I will give them a call now, as they live very close to me.
They also have over 1000+ Positive feedback, score of 99.4%.

I would never buy it from a standard user so to speak.

The user has no feedback for the golds but has feedback for some bose headphone RRP over £300

(Looks to me like they are off the market, but I'll see what's up)
I was just wondering about warranty issues that's it.

Quote:
I would be careful with eBay.  I my self got lucky but that might not be case all the time. I would send a message to seller asking him if is genuine and tell him, you have owned a genuine one before and would know the difference.

Also I have been listening to the MPTG more and more.  What I have noticed is the the Vocals are more laid back compared to the C751.  For example in many songs the instruments are louder or at the same volume as the vocals are, it's like the singer is further back.  Where as on the C751 the vocals are more dominant.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #36 of 39
I find the vocals on the C751 more forward, where as on the MTPG the vocals are like more in the backgrouond and the guitars seem louder then the vocals wirh many songs. 

The bass on the MTPG can be overpowering when you increase it on the DAP, more overpowering then on the C751.  I am a basshead so on my Iriver I tune the bass to 30hz and all I hear is the deep,earthquake like bass in the background that does not overpower as much.  

I am not sure if Monster will warranty a item purchased from eBay, most probably not.  I had also sent messages to a few eBay members asking them about wether or not their MTPG was genuine and the only person that replied was the one I had purchased from and 2 did not reply.  

Quote:
For the 751's Iv'e never found one song that has been more vocal orientated rather than bass. The bass on the 751's for me has always been overwhelming the other sounds.

About the ebay thing:
Well the person I want to buy it from didn't reply to a text, a message on ebay, nor an email. However, I will give them a call now, as they live very close to me.
They also have over 1000+ Positive feedback, score of 99.4%.

I would never buy it from a standard user so to speak.

The user has no feedback for the golds but has feedback for some bose headphone RRP over £300

(Looks to me like they are off the market, but I'll see what's up)
I was just wondering about warranty issues that's it.

Quote:

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #37 of 39
gone thru quite a few tips on the MTPG...
the sound characteristic changes with each tip..
varies with the fit..and material of the tips.

metaphorically..
supertips GEL...small  : trumpet
supertips GEL...medium : cornet
supertips FOAM..medium : trombone
normal silicone tips.....bass trombone
normal foam tips.......tuba..lolz

The reviews that say it "lack bass" or " too bassy"  are true i guess...from what i experienced above.
But all in, i would say this MTPG has a clarity n soundstage that i like.
I will settle for the FOAM supertips..medium to mediumSmall size.. sounds most natural to my earCANAL.
gs1000.gif

add: for those who like the warm vibrant sound signature of the shure530 but finds the top a little lacking..
and do not want to pay for the 535...i would recommend the TURBINE GOLD.
gs1000.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #39 of 39
Sounds like you want the Atrio M5's. They have more sub-bass than the Monsters and actually have better treble and mids, to me. I just sold my Monster Golds on Ebay after having them for quite awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back