Monster Turbine Pro Copper Review
Aug 8, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #46 of 93
I am waiting for my replacement Copper's to come in so have avoided posting in the thread but thought I would chime in a bit.

I believe there are several things that affect the sound of the copper that may cause a negative review with fit being at the top of the list. I also believe burnin can have a major impact on this IEM as well but will wait until I get my replacement pair before I talk much more about that other than what I have listed in my tale of two coppers thread. I will be doing a similar burnin process with this pair of Copper though and will be recording my results as best I can with the tools I have at hand to see if I can show how the burnin process changes the IEM throughout the process. I also would love to be able to send Mark my Copper's to see if he noticed a difference in the sound but England is quite a ways away. I hopefully will have something more usefull to add next week if the replacements finally arrive.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #47 of 93
looking forward to your results
rolleyes.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #48 of 93
IE8 is the best :p cause i have them :wink:

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #49 of 93

Quote:
I am waiting for my replacement Copper's to come in so have avoided posting in the thread but thought I would chime in a bit.

I believe there are several things that affect the sound of the copper that may cause a negative review with fit being at the top of the list. I also believe burnin can have a major impact on this IEM as well but will wait until I get my replacement pair before I talk much more about that other than what I have listed in my tale of two coppers thread. I will be doing a similar burnin process with this pair of Copper though and will be recording my results as best I can with the tools I have at hand to see if I can show how the burnin process changes the IEM throughout the process. I also would love to be able to send Mark my Copper's to see if he noticed a difference in the sound but England is quite a ways away. I hopefully will have something more usefull to add next week if the replacements finally arrive.

x2.  As I mentioned before in dweavers burn-in thread, I had a similar experience w/ 2 different MD's.  My first one had the sort of unexpected peaky forwardness at times to the point you wanted them out of your ears.  When I got my awesome deal on my current MD's I decided to try another set because in the back of my mind something told me the first set somehow began to sound wrong.  This time I decided to burn in the second set very progressively and gently ramping up to listening levels over the course of a week.  My current MDs to date have yet to exhibit the same inconsistent peaky nature the first set eventually developed.  Whether its due to different burn-in procedures or damaging the drivers of the original MD's I can't say.  I recall getting a lot more snap crackle pop inserting the original set w/ the gel tips and sometimes the hybrids.  Now that i use Meelec Bi Flanges I never get that driver flexing upon insertion.  Perhaps another factor to consider.  If Mark's issue isnt fit I suspect damage to the driver(s).  They should sound consistent not otherwise.  The Coppers are very finicky to say the least in many ways.  

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #50 of 93

Quote:
 I also would love to be able to send Mark my Copper's to see if he noticed a difference in the sound but England is quite a ways away. I hopefully will have something more usefull to add next week if the replacements finally arrive.

note to america, (Meelec i mean you too here) Edinburgh, not in England. 

UK, Britain,Great Britain,GB, United Kingdom or Scotland would all be correct.  England is not.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #51 of 93

Quote:
@Mark, did you ever try listening to these without an amp, straight from a decent source? (I know that the thought must be frighteningly "mainstream" for you, but hear me out
wink_face.gif
)  From what I've read and heard, these babies don't need an amp.  I wonder whether that might be a possible source of why they sounded so "in need of valium".  Anyways, just a thought.

no i did use them with the 1G ipod shuffle too, both id say are relatively mainstream things. ipods and too exotic are they?

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #52 of 93

Thinking back on that thread. If one was starting to come apart at the cable etc. that could change the bass via venting and would explain some of the large differences that you found.
Quote:

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #53 of 93

ha I was just pulling your leg a little from that other thread.  :)  If you ever get a chance to listen to a different set of coppers, I'd be really interested in hearing whether you heard the same thing.  
Quote:
no i did use them with the 1G ipod shuffle too, both id say are relatively mainstream things. ipods and too exotic are they?

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #54 of 93

Quote:
ha I was just pulling your leg a little from that other thread.  :)  If you ever get a chance to listen to a different set of coppers, I'd be really interested in hearing whether you heard the same thing.  

if i ever do ill certainly comment but the odds of me hearing another set arent terribly high id have thought.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #55 of 93

DOH! My Bad Mark, I'm in Canada and have relatives from all over the UK so should have known that, my apologies.
Quote:

note to america, (Meelec i mean you too here) Edinburgh, not in England. 

UK, Britain,Great Britain,GB, United Kingdom or Scotland would all be correct.  England is not.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #56 of 93
They were starting to come apart where the two halves of the IEM body join together which is exactly where everyone has been having issues. If that flaw had been there all along that could make a difference though.

Actually part of the reason I stopped getting to negative on the MTPC was because I wasn't sure if my sudden frustration in sonic qualities was because the SM3 were making me notice things or whether the MTPC's physical issues were starting to make them sound bad.

Hopefully both question will be answered soon.

Quote:
Thinking back on that thread. If one was starting to come apart at the cable etc. that could change the bass via venting and would explain some of the large differences that you found.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #57 of 93
People having all these problems with the coppers makes me want to cry :frowning2:  I thought I was getting a really nice set of iems; I did tons of research, most everything seemed positive.  Now it seems everything is negative.  

On a separate note, everything I've played so far on them has been lossless.  Would playing 128 kbps podcasts on them harm them?

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #58 of 93

Quote:
People having all these problems with the coppers makes me want to cry :frowning2:  I thought I was getting a really nice set of iems; I did tons of research, most everything seemed positive.  Now it seems everything is negative.  

On a separate note, everything I've played so far on them has been lossless.  Would playing 128 kbps podcasts on them harm them?

Well, it really depends on whether you like them, not the others. So enjoy the music~
L3000.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #59 of 93
Dont freak out.  Most of these problems are from people that got early production runs.  Plenty of people w/ no problems on their Coppers.  Its like reading a book about human diseases and beginning to think you have something wrong with you.  Are you really that impressionable?  There is certainly nothing wrong w/ the warranty.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #60 of 93

Quote:
Dont freak out.  Most of these problems are from people that got early production runs.  Plenty of people w/ no problems on their Coppers.  Its like reading a book about human diseases and beginning to think you have something wrong with you.  Are you really that impressionable?  There is certainly nothing wrong w/ the warranty.

Um, aren't we all to some extent?  Mmm just deleted a bunch of psychological stuff that no one would care about, lol; I can't help it!  But you are right that I need to be cognizant of such effects, and say to myself, "hey, I'm enjoying them, that's what matters".  I knew that when I posted before, but I guess I was looking for reassurance :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back