Monster Turbine Pro Copper Review
Apr 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #76 of 93
Ray...I was unsuccessful with any of the Monster Tips (super, foam, hybrid, etc.) and ultimately I settled on the Sony Hybrids.  You can get a pack for like 8 bucks from best buy and they work great with the Turbine line of headphones.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #79 of 93
I purchased a pair of refurb golds and the best word I can use to describe them is "fun". I could listen to them for hours on end and not experience a single bit of fatigue. For $100 they are an excellent value but over $200 they are overpriced. I am definitely enjoying them a lot more than my PFE 112's.

May 17, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #80 of 93
People are mentioning the golds here. Well the Golds are miles more bassy and unbalanced than the copper.........

For the Copper, I'd say it's more bassy than being perfectly balanced but I won't say that's unbalanced.......and I'm an ER4 guy. Extremely coherent throughout the spectrum, not without peaks but tiny ones only (virtually every high-end earphones got peaks, including the SE535, whose peaks I found quite irritating). Extremely well-defined midrange and amazing sparkle in classical tracks - I was just amazed this morning by its ability to reproduce the sound of bells in Khachaturian's Symphone #2. Sends a chill down the spine. It's THAT good. Its bass is also well-defined BUT, and this is one caveat to its otherwise pretty flawless performance, is its miss in reproducing the timbre of the bass instruments. Bass guitar is ok, but for accoustic instruments such as double bass  or pedalled organ the timbre is slightly distorted. But that's not a big issue - if I'm after that kind of absolute accuracy I'd go back to my ER4.

The coppers are becoming the ONLY earphones I'd use besides the ER4 and it literally shows my SE535 to the door.

Just like the ER4, I'd say the correct fit is of utmost importance since u'd get a completely different sound otherwise. BUT DO NOT TRUST THE SUPERTIPS for a evaluation of an IEM's SQ. I uses the supertips on almost every IEM I still have (including the SE535) - it's good isolation-wise and comfy and looks good - but it is by no means easy to fit. The sweet spot is very difficult to get - any other position than the sweet spot position would produce peaky, quirky sound with no bass, L/R imbalance, recessed mids etc., somehow down to pressure issues i believe. 

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #81 of 93
I gotta say, I love your reviews mark. I wholly agree with you, as I own both the MTPCs and IE8s, and even the IE7s before. For a high end IEM, The MTPCs don't sound anywhere close to as it should, but the build quality and style sets it apart. On really sunny days, I like to wear the MTPCs, knowing that I can sacrifice some sound quality for style, but that's just me. On rainy days, it's the IE8s or W4s... lol

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #83 of 93

Quote:

The coppers are becoming the ONLY earphones I'd use besides the ER4 and it literally shows my SE535 to the door.

Productred,

I also love the accuracy and balance found in the ER4's but can't stand the microphonics and are looking for a new set of IEMs.....  How have you found the microphonics in the Coppers??  Mark states that it is almost nonexistant, but other reviews elsewhere say the opposite??

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #85 of 93
Really?  hmm..   I love my Copper Turbines, but I recently got a chance to try the SE535's, and I loved the way to sound.
A noticeable difference for me over my coppers.
I have struggled with the fit of my coppers however.
I use what came with them.  I went to the drug store, and bought the pink ear plugs and tried that trick.  It did not agree with my ears at all.
Maybe I will try the sony hybrid fittings from bestbuy before I decide to trade these monsters for a pair of 535's.
I am in Canada however.  Any place I can mail order those fittings from?  I do visit USA once every couple months.  But waiting is sometimes
tough :)

Quote:
People are mentioning the golds here. Well the Golds are miles more bassy and unbalanced than the copper.........

For the Copper, I'd say it's more bassy than being perfectly balanced but I won't say that's unbalanced.......and I'm an ER4 guy. Extremely coherent throughout the spectrum, not without peaks but tiny ones only (virtually every high-end earphones got peaks, including the SE535, whose peaks I found quite irritating). Extremely well-defined midrange and amazing sparkle in classical tracks - I was just amazed this morning by its ability to reproduce the sound of bells in Khachaturian's Symphone #2. Sends a chill down the spine. It's THAT good. Its bass is also well-defined BUT, and this is one caveat to its otherwise pretty flawless performance, is its miss in reproducing the timbre of the bass instruments. Bass guitar is ok, but for accoustic instruments such as double bass  or pedalled organ the timbre is slightly distorted. But that's not a big issue - if I'm after that kind of absolute accuracy I'd go back to my ER4.

Just like the ER4, I'd say the correct fit is of utmost importance since u'd get a completely different sound otherwise. BUT DO NOT TRUST THE SUPERTIPS for a evaluation of an IEM's SQ. I uses the supertips on almost every IEM I still have (including the SE535) - it's good isolation-wise and comfy and looks good - but it is by no means easy to fit. The sweet spot is very difficult to get - any other position than the sweet spot position would produce peaky, quirky sound with no bass, L/R imbalance, recessed mids etc., somehow down to pressure issues i believe. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #86 of 93

Quote:
Productred,

I also love the accuracy and balance found in the ER4's but can't stand the microphonics and are looking for a new set of IEMs.....  How have you found the microphonics in the Coppers??  Mark states that it is almost nonexistant, but other reviews elsewhere say the opposite??

i did say i wore them up

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #87 of 93
Thinking of getting the Coppers, on sale now at $191.00 from World Wide Stereo (Amazon).  Does this sound like a reasonable price or might there be someting better in that price range  ( I like lots of bass) ?

Looks like the reviews are mixed so I'm kind of on the fence and looking for additional opinions. I previously owned Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB which were ok but keeping them in the ears was almost impossible with the supplied tips. 

​

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #88 of 93
Can someone tell me why all the copper hype disssppeared? just 3 months ago, these IEM's were praised and now I'm debating wether i should get the Copper's as an upgrade over my aging s4s.

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #90 of 93
Yep. Pretty standard here. Stuff is popular for a while, but then new stuff comes out and the old stuff loses its luster, for the most part. That of course doesn't mean people think it's bad, just that other stuff has overshadowed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back