Monster Turbine Pro Copper Review
Aug 7, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #32 of 93

Quote:
they are bass abundant but its not hugely dominant,  sometimes it does sometimes its the highs and occasionally some vocals will leap out at you.  they are MWWWWWWM shaped.  spikes here there and everywhere,  very very dramatic.

Dramatic? The Coppers? I found them to be one of the most polite and non-offensive phones I've ever listened to, ever. Nothing jumped out at all. That's what I liked most about them. Send me a pic of your ears because I think they must be on inside out
biggrin.gif

If you think the Coppers are dramatic, don't ever listen to the FX700s
eek.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #33 of 93
LOL,  i was kind of surprised by marks take on the coppers too, they are nice enough but quite tame really

Do like NAZARETH @ soozieq , they are my favorite group at the moment ,MOONLIGHT EYES is my favor ate track by them , i just can't get enough of that song 
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
Dramatic? The Coppers? I found them to be one of the most polite and non-offensive phones I've ever listened to, ever. Nothing jumped out at all. That's what I liked most about them. Send me a pic of your ears because I think they must be on inside out
biggrin.gif

If you think the Coppers are dramatic, don't ever listen to the FX700s
eek.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #34 of 93
mark and benny all got to audition the same coppers from big kev, maybe it happens to be defective. Weird as mark loves the ie7 and like the ie8, everything points to the coppers being more refined 
blink.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #35 of 93
well im not unwilling to think it could have been a fit issue but i dont believe it was.  maybe it just hated all the sources i used with it?

actually i think id like the FX700 more as if its like the 500 (which i really thought id not like) it was fine.  i can deal with a V shaped sound so long as its consistent about its behaviour. thats what really killed  me about the coppers (and the gritty highs)  is that sometimes things would leap out at me and i could never get to sitting and actually enjoying them.  they were just so randomly all over the place.

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #36 of 93

LOL,  i was kind of surprised by marks take on the coppers too, they are nice enough but quite tame really

Do like NAZARETH @ soozieq , they are my favorite group at the moment ,MOONLIGHT EYES is my favor ate track by them , i just can't get enough of that song 
happy_face1.gif

Excellent song pick I had not heard that one by Nazereth I'll be getting it.

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #37 of 93
For a guy like me who listens to rock, hip-hop, classical, and some rap, would you recommend the MTPC for a price of $130? I'm more interested in a good bass and a "fun" sounding IEM, not necessarily the cleanest.

Aug 7, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #39 of 93
@Mark, did you ever try listening to these without an amp, straight from a decent source? (I know that the thought must be frighteningly "mainstream" for you, but hear me out
wink_face.gif
)  From what I've read and heard, these babies don't need an amp.  I wonder whether that might be a possible source of why they sounded so "in need of valium".  Anyways, just a thought.

@fadethreeblack: classical has sounded great on mine.  instrument separation is amazing, while still giving the overall kick of the sound.  But, I don't have the experience with tons and tons of iems like others here do.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #40 of 93

Quote:
@Mark, did you ever try listening to these without an amp, straight from a decent source? (I know that the thought must be frighteningly "mainstream" for you, but hear me out
wink_face.gif
)  From what I've read and heard, these babies don't need an amp.  I wonder whether that might be a possible source of why they sounded so "in need of valium".  Anyways, just a thought.

@fadethreeblack: classical has sounded great on mine.  instrument separation is amazing, while still giving the overall kick of the sound.  But, I don't have the experience with tons and tons of iems like others here do.

I think my Copper's sound great amp'd, granted my amp isn't top tier (PA2V2) but they sound great to me.  Mark, correct me if I'm wrong, but you did use an iPod as a source right?  Mine sound great straight out of my iPod touch and my iPhone as long as the file is a good rip. They also sound great out of my clip+.  If anything, I'd like to think that what Mark experienced was fit related or maybe a really bad set of coppers.  Mine don't exhibit any of the qualities Mark experienced.  They sound great with every genre, including classical.  They aren't quite neutral, but they are far from dramatic.  They scale well with whatever I'm playing. 

Mark if you lived closer, I'd send you my pair.  I'd love for you to hear my copper's, to see if you hear them the same way.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #41 of 93
Nice review Mark!

I completely agree with your assessment of the Coppers. I was never a fan. Now that the shimmer of the FOTM status is coming off of them, I think it safe for those of us who don't love them to state our opinions. A few months back that would be unheard of.
wink_face.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #42 of 93
$130 for a pair of MTPC sounds like a case of fakes however.

I'm not quite sure I agree with his assessment however with all the spikes being mentioned. I found them to be pretty smooth the last time I listened to them. I do like them and consider them up there but just not for me. I guess I just hear it differently than the two of you although I doubt they will get any listening them when I get them back anyway.

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #44 of 93

Quote:
Nice review Mark!

I completely agree with your assessment of the Coppers. I was never a fan. Now that the shimmer of the FOTM status is coming off of them, I think it safe for those of us who don't love them to state our opinions. A few months back that would be unheard of.
wink_face.gif

I don't recall you having that problem.  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back