Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements
Jan 3, 2014 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 119

cardboardhome

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. About a year ago I bought a pair of Monster Turbine Copper Pro's, which come with a lifetime warranty. Since then, the headphones have broken, been replaced, and now have broken for a second time. With the warranty I'm allowed to have them replaced again but when I called Monster they said they have discontinued the Turbine line and will not replace with turbines. I am however allowed to choose from any of Monster's new inner ear headphones. Monster's current headphones are linked to below.
http://www.monsterproducts.com/headphones/headphoneslist.asp?catid=400
Would you guys happen to know anything about these headphones and have a recommendation? I really like the sound quality of the turbines and would preferably like something similar. What would you guys suggest? Thanks for the help!

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 119
None of those come close to the Copper but I would lean toward the sport victory model. It looks to be a better designed sport model than the old immersion model which I found to have pretty decent sound quality. The most expensive model looks over engineered and potential a pain to fit. The vektor model also looks awkward. The DNA model is supposed to be V shaped which is the opposite of the Copper.

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 119
V shaped means strong bass and treble with neutral or recessed midrange.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 119
how can they do this??
atleast replace the turbines with a comparable model!!

none of these exceeds 150$ and pro copper's go for 230-240$!!

this are duping us

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 119
My monster turbine pro copper IEMS have developed a weird fault where they work fine for around 20 minutes, then there's a 'pop' coming from the right phone, and I can then only hear about 60% of the sound as before.  Anyone experienced this and know what's causing it and any way to fix?  They were a gift, so no receipt/replacement.

Apr 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #8 of 119
Not sure what may be causing the problem  but I'm having the same issue. I hear a "pop" on the left and the sound decreases by quite a bit. 

I called Monster customer service today and was informed that they are currently out of stock of the old Copper Turbine model but in the midst of redesigning it and the new design will be available in June. The CS rep recommended me to wait until June to get the replacement because replacing my current headphones with another model would mean that there is no lifetime warranty on the new replacements. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 119
I have the same problem. I just saw your post (yeah it's little late...) I just called them and they said they are making a new "improved" model of turbine series... it will be available around June or July... 

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 119

Have you heard anymore about the impending release of the improved Turbine Pros?

thank god,,,i was worried about the warranty.
if new improved model does come at least its good for monster owners like me

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #12 of 119
Has anyone heard anything about the supposed improved model? I've been waiting a coupe of months to RMA my MTP Golds. If they aren't coming soon, I'll have to RMA for one of their other models and sell it.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #13 of 119
Has anyone heard anything about the supposed improved model? I've been waiting a coupe of months to RMA my MTP Golds. If they aren't coming soon, I'll have to RMA for one of their other models and sell it.

They aren't coming until 2015, so I would get some other product and would sell. (Just called today)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back