Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Dec 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #901 of 1,122

Quote:

Did i get a lemon or something?
should i return them

Yes and yes. Monster's quality control is known for being terrible so duds are not uncommon.

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #903 of 1,122
im ready to order a pair right now for my brother(talk about last minute xmas shopping lol).

can any of you guys help me find a pair for cheap?

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #906 of 1,122

Quote:
Quote:
im ready to order a pair right now for my brother(talk about last minute xmas shopping lol).

can any of you guys help me find a pair for cheap?

$40 refurbed.

www.monstercable.com/holiday/employee/default.asp#null

thank you so much for that sir...

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #907 of 1,122
I think I am going to return mine... I cannot get a decent fit with any of the tips and the sensation of having my ears plugged and not getting any decent sound is killing me... guess I am not made for IEMs, I´ll have to try my luck on the earbud/full size world... Shame, it was a good deal... Does amazon charge restocking fees on headphones?

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #908 of 1,122
is there a better upgrade from the meelectronics m6 sound than these?  wanted to get something a lot nicer and try something different but these probably aren't for me.  going from my ipod classic the bass is seriously overwhelming and a good deal of rock (for example Smashing Pumpkins) sounds way too muddy with it.  i'm sure i've got a good fit as the bass presence is there, but mids and highs just seem dulled over or washed out by the bass.  directly from my computer seems there's less bass but it's still kinda overkill.  would i have better luck with the MTPG, as i can get a good price on them?  sounds like it has the same signature.  would like to hear whatever would be a good upgrade from the m6 as i like that sound or something good all around but something a little more refined. (listen to all sorts of rock, indie rock, electronic, folk, not so much rap/hiphop but don't mind it occasionally)

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #909 of 1,122
not all the IEMs are like that, i have used jamz they dont fit too well . 

some people have gotten good fit with monster super tips kit , they might help

Quote:
I think I am going to return mine... I cannot get a decent fit with any of the tips and the sensation of having my ears plugged and not getting any decent sound is killing me... guess I am not made for IEMs, I´ll have to try my luck on the earbud/full size world... Shame, it was a good deal... Does amazon charge restocking fees on headphones?

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #910 of 1,122
Has one experienced this. 

The other day the left ear piece on my MTPG stopped working and I noticed that the sound was coming out but was some how blocked by something.  So I thought it might of been ear wax and blew and tried to clean, with no success.  Then I tented the metal grill slightly inwards and then it worked normally.  Does anyone know what might of caused it, the blockage?

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #911 of 1,122
Have you tried the Sony replacement tips, model EP-EX10A?   These worked great on my Turbines; the comfort and sound is perfect.

Quote:

I must say, since owning these Turbines, they've gotten much better. What people say about burning them in is absolutely true. When they were brand new, the mids and highs sometimes had a metallic and watery sound, but that's all gone now. They now sound perfectly clear and neutral. It's amazing how good these earphones are.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #912 of 1,122

Quote:
on another thread someone said that the amazon deal turbines have updated packaging boxes but the cables are old.  apparently you can get monster to replace the old pair sometimes in feb 2011...worth a phone call to monster to see what the deal is so you can get updated cables.

Yeah, 30 minutes on hold with Monster CS today confirmed that... old stock in new boxes from Amazon. Funny that some people got the right angle plug (I did not), but seems no-one got the cable slider or decent stress relief cables (did they?). Not sure how anyone plans to get them replaced in Feb... can't see Monster doing that for free unless there's a problem with your existing pair. For $58 shipped I'm not sure even I could justify trying that 
etysmile.gif

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #915 of 1,122
I don't know if my expectations were too high, but these iems sound about the same as my skullcandy ASYMs. I do hear more clarity in the bass and highs, but I don't know if the difference is blatantly significant. Perhaps I have to burn them in like everyone else says. How do I go about burning these in? Do I leave them running on high volume for ~15 hours straight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back