Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Dec 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #886 of 1,122
Borrowed the turbines from a friend, and the fit was great (for me) and it sounded very nice, and fun. I especially liked the bass, and I prefered the turbine's bass over my IE8.

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #889 of 1,122
The seller is Amazon themself? Ask for a new pair and keep the old one unless they pay for the return fee.

Quote:
I bought the Monster Turbines recently from Amazon and the cord lengths for the right and left earbuds are one inch different from each other. I was wondering if this was normal?

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #890 of 1,122
Yes, the seller is Amazon, LLC. I bought it during the one-day sale they had for ~$60. Such a disappointment :frowning2:

Quote:
The seller is Amazon themself? Ask for a new pair and keep the old one unless they pay for the return fee.

Quote:
I bought the Monster Turbines recently from Amazon and the cord lengths for the right and left earbuds are one inch different from each other. I was wondering if this was normal?

Dec 24, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #891 of 1,122
I can already hear a difference after a few hours of burn in and I'm very impressed. I put the medium sized Meelec mushroom tips on and now the fit is much better. I'm not 100% sure that the balance is correct but even with just a slight difference in seal between ears the sound changes. 

Dec 24, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #892 of 1,122
how are turbines compare to jamz and visang r033?

clarity,  bass quantity and quality,  and sound signature is dark or bright?

i have jamz they have very little bass, but impactful i would say quantity is about 3.5/10 for my own taste
i hate the timbre of jamz they are way too dark for my taste

visang r03 is way better iems, crisp clear, foward vocal perhaps mid, they have less detail than the jamz , but i kinda need more bass . i would rate the bass 5.5-6/10 in quantity

i also have a portapor modified pad, it has a lot of bass , really muddy  the bass quantity is about 7.5-8/10,  the bass have no quality at all, not saying portapro is crap but they are hella muddy compare to the visang r03, mid and high is veiled by the massive bass

can the turbines compare portapro in bass quantity and visang's clarity ?

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #894 of 1,122

Quote:

just file a refund on amazon.com, and choose "defective" then the website will prompt you to print out a UPS return shipping label at no extra cost to you

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #896 of 1,122

Quote:
would you guys trust buying the turbines from Monster's website as refurbished?

I would. If the turbines you order end up not working, I'm sure Monster would replace it.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #897 of 1,122
I bit on that deal, not that I needed them. They're just fine so far (knock on wood). No extra tips, which was a bit of a disappointment, but I've got plenty of extras from my other IEMs.

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #899 of 1,122
Hey guys, I just bought some monster turbines and here are some things I've noticed

- first of all these earphones don't seems like they're worth $150.
- one of the earphones is noticeably louder than the other.
- when there is high bass, it is very distorted and distorts singing and everything else.

I bought them on amazon.com, brand new, and i also bought a 3 year warranty along with it.

Did i get a lemon or something?
should i return them

help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks :)

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #900 of 1,122
I just bought em refurbished from the monster website for only $40. I don't really need them, but I decided I want to try them, and can probably get more than that for them on ebay if I really don't like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back