Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Jan 12, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #811 of 1,122
The Turbine Pros are better able to articulate bass and high frequencies than other monitors of this time. The bass does not get in the way of the lower mids, so they maintain a speed to the sound without the smearing. The bass goes deep and with the right amplifier, they give you the pace and excitement of the music.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #813 of 1,122
All right then! Some pretty strong endorsements.
biggrin.gif
By the way, the copper version now appears to be available (and at only $250 from Amazon, despite the projected $100 price increase on the gold edition). I'd certainly be interested to read a certified Head-Fi comparison between the Coppers and the Golds...

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #815 of 1,122
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could direct me to the best replacement silicone eartips for my monster turbines. the largest size ones that come with them do not give a proper seal and seem to fall out of my ears. thanks!

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #817 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is a weakness in Monster's design, it is and has been the silicon pieces. Round don't work. They fall out of mine too. I think any other piece, however, should work.

you're right, i just popped in the small triple flange and i got a perfect seal! i guess i just always thought the triple flange was gimmicky and never tried them more than once.

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #818 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is a weakness in Monster's design, it is and has been the silicon pieces. Round don't work. They fall out of mine too. I think any other piece, however, should work.

Try decored Comply underneath the silicon sleeves ; works wonder here, seals much better!

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #819 of 1,122
Hello. I'm very interested in getting a pair of Monster Turbines but could use some feedback from current owners. Can anyone using the Turbines with an iPod tell me if they hear an audible hiss while listening at low volumes? I usually listen in quiet environments like at libraries or at work with low volume music so if the hiss is prominent it could be annoying. Had to return a nice pair of Klipsch S4's because the hiss was too unbearable with my iPod. Thanks in advance!!

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #820 of 1,122
i have not heard any hiss on my 1st gen ipod touch, then again i dont have an amazing ear. however ive noticed that my lower quality music (128 kbps
frown.gif
eeww) sounds quite bad on the turbines. btw i usually listen at around quarter volume.

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #822 of 1,122
Is $90 a good price for MTs?

EDIT: Nevermind. I contacted the no-name marketplace seller and asked why their price was so low. The guy told me they are used! Damn things are marked as NIB online...shame on them.

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #824 of 1,122
I am astounded by the sound of my original Turbines and Rockboxed Fuze combo.

My only minor gripe is that I wish the bass was a bit tighter, and could hear the bass strings snap a bit.

Maybe the Miles Davis Monsters will do it?

Apr 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #825 of 1,122
I really like monster, but I don't really buy their stuff because I'm not a millionaire and I can't afford all my stuff connected with Monster cables.
If I would be rich, it would be 100% that I will only buy their stuff, because their cables maybe don't make any difference, but for sure are not worse than the cheap ones. reason #2: the quality of their products are amazing! (I mean their cables are twice as thick as cheap ones), reason #3 The look awesome!
I'm planning to buy the turbines sometime, I heard lot of reviews say that they have really deep bass, and really nice mids and highs, if thats true, it would be the earphone that I've always been looking for, an earphone with booming bass, and good mids and highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back