Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Mar 27, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #16 of 1,122
I'm really happy with mine, quality is top notch. the box is too much for what you get but what can you do? good buy for the money. the only con is the cable (not that something happened to it)
im not a fan of monster and will NEVER ever buy other products made by them. i would say the only product they have that is worth the money are the Turbines.
The klipsch custom 3's are not worth $300 just because they have a bad design flaw, but the sound is awesome yes.
Are they worth $150? yes and thats why i got them for that deal.

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #18 of 1,122
They're great value for the price- if you like the dynamic driver sound, don't hesitate. The only step up right now (that I can think of in a dynamic) is the Sennheiser IE series. Not sure if the IE6's would be a step up, I think the 7's probably are (which admittedly I haven't heard), but the IE8's (I do have) are definitely a noticeable step above. But then again, they're more than double the price. The Turbines do hold their own very well though.

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #19 of 1,122
i had a pair of denon ach 700 iems which i liked pretty well think these will be a step up from them? thanks
popcorn.gif

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #20 of 1,122
I think for the most part you can't go wrong with the monsters if you have an open mind and you prefer a warm laidback sound. I agree that they have a similar sound signature as the IE8's but are just unrefined. Lets put it this way, if you want the ie8's but can't afford the current 300+ price tag, then get these at half the price they perform at about 90% of the ie8's but then again that extra 10 percent can be a ball breaker to anyone who's used to that kind of clarity and quality.

Two thumbs up for the turbines, I use it atleast every other day with the se530's.

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #21 of 1,122
Right now I absolutely love my turbines! Currently searching for the turbine sound from full size cans, any suggestions?
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #22 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think for the most part you can't go wrong with the monsters if you have an open mind and you prefer a warm laidback sound. I agree that they have a similar sound signature as the IE8's but are just unrefined. Lets put it this way, if you want the ie8's but can't afford the current 300+ price tag, then get these at half the price they perform at about 90% of the ie8's but then again that extra 10 percent can be a ball breaker to anyone who's used to that kind of clarity and quality.

Thanks. It's nice to to have a clear idea of how the Turbines stack up against the IE8s. The IE8s are what I probably would have gone for if cost wasn't a factor. Nice to know that I probably made the right choice on the Turbines. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford the IE8s someday and experience that extra 10% for myself.

Mar 27, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #23 of 1,122
You can go and ask in full size forum.

I can't answer this question because I don't have Monster Turbine.

By the way, is Turbine upgrade from Super Fi 5 pro?

Mar 27, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #26 of 1,122
Glad to see a new MT thread started, lots easier to read new comments.

Definitely an improvement on the SF5Ps (both are good, to me the Turbines are improved due to their refinement on both ends of the spectrum compared to the UEs).

Refinement is relative, and all these comparisons (favorably BTW) to the IE8 makes me think of two things:

1) The Turbines are a very good value, and compare well with higher-end IEMs

2) I still really want to try the IE8s, but until then, the Turbines remain on my favorites list as a nice compromise

Mar 27, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #27 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had a pair of denon ach 700 iems which i liked pretty well think these will be a step up from them? thanks
popcorn.gif

that is up to you. i also had the c700 and really liked them except that they were hard to drive. at the time i had the d2 which did not pair that well for my music and the denon. with an amp, it was much better but without, they were too harsh for me.

the monster have a more natural presentation that i would liken as a soft yet fast presentation - great presentational bass and good extended highs but not too piercing nor too boomy.

i prefered the cables slightly to on the denon but, they are very similar.

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #28 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobber65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to see a new MT thread started, lots easier to read new comments.

Definitely an improvement on the SF5Ps (both are good, to me the Turbines are improved due to their refinement on both ends of the spectrum compared to the UEs).

Refinement is relative, and all these comparisons (favorably BTW) to the IE8 makes me think of two things:

1) The Turbines are a very good value, and compare well with higher-end IEMs

2) I still really want to try the IE8s, but until then, the Turbines remain on my favorites list as a nice compromise

After spending on RS-1, I really do not want to burn another huge chunk of money on IE8.

I trust what you said.

Now I need to find a store....

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #29 of 1,122
Quick search on local stores... Well they are not in Best Buy yet?

Edit:
OK, one thing bothers me is that there is no specification.

"Specifications? Monster Turbines are ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC."

I don't buy this BS. It is same as Bose and it is also disgusting.

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #30 of 1,122
^ yes thats weird, i just sent an email asking monster!

You all been to the movie theater right? when watching that action/blockbuster movie in the theater and you feel that special big bass rumble, thats kinda what the turbines are good quality bass, the best ive heard so far :) in a sub prospective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back