1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monster Trumpet

1. blargman
    What do you guys think of these? I just bought a pair and I'm significantly underwhelmed.  I can't seem to get a good seal with them( though admittedly I do have some weird ear canals). I also can't understand why they put the volume adjustment like 5 inches from the head phone. It looks like I'm wearing an earring. Overall they sound decent when I can get a good seal by forcing my ear canal around them with my fingers.  Already I'm looking at alternatives.

2. DaBomb77766
    Quote:
    I think often the remote for IEMs is up high like that so they can actually have a functional chin slider...otherwise it'd stop too low, unless they had the split design of the Apple earbuds.

Have you gotten a good seal with other IEMs before though?

3. blargman
    Yeah, I just replaced some cheaper Klipsch's that I had previously.  I've owned JH13's and ER4P's. I always have some difficulty. Perhaps I just need to work at it some more. Just frustrating. Obviously the customs were the best :D

4. blargman
    I will give them props on the # of inserts. There were 6 in the main package. Then I was looking for the manual and noticed there's a bag with another 5. haha. I think I in this bag I found some that I like a bit better. :wink:

5. ZARIM
    If you have difficulity wearing them because deep insertion then buy some IEMs which stay in outer ear like Sennheiser IE8/80, JVC FX700, Sony EX1000, GR07 and Denon AH-C400.

6. blargman
    Nah the Monster's fit on the outside of the ear pretty well with their rounder rubber tips.  Wasn't very comfortable though. I sold them. They just weren't a good fit for me.  Bought some sony xba-3ip's. Night and day. They fit perfectly with the default tips :D Love em so far. They seem like a solid cheapish IEM.

/thread !

7. mclover
    I received trumpets as a exchange unit from Monster for my coppers, they sounded pretty nice..but the bling factor, placement of the mic/remote really killed them for me.