Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 28, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #1,951 of 2,269
well played on the blue tips my friend, well played

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #1,952 of 2,269

Quote:
well played on the blue tips my friend, well played

well when you  get them free - why not :D!

BTW:
Who is it that mentioned the ZO2 doesn't pair well with the MDT's?

I know I can't live without my ZO2 atm - but the Zo2, doesn't decrease the SQ of the MDT's IMO
If anything, it gives me bass (if wanted), and a little more colour to the sound

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #1,956 of 2,269

Quote:
@ Totally Dubbed

I'm wondering how the asg-1 compares with the MDT. Look forward for your impressions~

HUGELY different.

Words that come to my mind of each:

ASG-1 - soundstage , fitting problems, wire quality is excellent, spiky mids, rolled highs
MDT - bloated bass, great mids and highs, wire is not of great quality, microphonics when worn down.

I feel so far the MDT's are more personal earphones, and the ASG-1's are made more for professional.
Me not being a professional....or in the industry, they sound...different.

That said, these are initial and first thoughts.
Burn-in changes some aspects of the sound, but not their signature 

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,958 of 2,269

Quote:
HUGELY different.

Words that come to my mind of each:

ASG-1 - soundstage , fitting problems, wire quality is excellent, spiky mids, rolled highs
MDT - bloated bass, great mids and highs, wire is not of great quality, microphonics when worn down.

I feel so far the MDT's are more personal earphones, and the ASG-1's are made more for professional.
Me not being a professional....or in the industry, they sound...different.

That said, these are initial and first thoughts.
Burn-in changes some aspects of the sound, but not their signature 

Thanks for the comments. Btw, how's the ZO2 + MDT ?
Thinking to get a ZO2. What's the difference ZO2 vs ZO2.3, couldn't seem to find much info and how to identify them.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #1,959 of 2,269

Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Btw, how's the ZO2 + MDT ?
Thinking to get a ZO2. What's the difference ZO2 vs ZO2.3, couldn't seem to find much info and how to identify them.

ZO2 vs ZO2v3 is the revision.
If you bought it now you would get the latest, like me the v3.

The ZO2v1, v2, are only found by members who didn't send theirs back for the revision.
Some changes were made - incl the lick of paint, popping noise etc.

And so far the ZO2, is nice - but not as special as it was on the MG7's.
Still, the addition (really not needed out the box) of bass with the ZO2 is mind blowing.

I use ZO2 as an abbreviation - I have the ZO2 v3. (latest revision)

And please remember - these are very initial thoughts/comparisons - definitely nothing to go by, in order to trust my word in buying either/or. (for the earphones)

ZO2 however - is simply amazing with anything - that's a whole different category :D
Its my little baby!

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,960 of 2,269
One bit of warning. Dubbed. Treat those like they are made of gold. What I mean is. Do not in any way try to pull your housing the dark top part from your back golden  part of the housing ever. They might fall apart by themselves but if that ever happens. Have some super glue handy just in case. In other words try not to force the issue. I was just handling my pair normally and that happened so be extra careful with the housing part of the earphones.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #1,961 of 2,269

Quote:
One bit of warning. Dubbed. Treat those like they are made of gold. What I mean is. Do not in any way try to pull your housing the dark top part from your back golden  part of the housing ever. They might fall apart by themselves but if that ever happens. Have some super glue handy just in case. In other words try not to force the issue. I was just handling my pair normally and that happened so be extra careful with the housing part of the earphones.

understood master of cheap earphones :D!

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #1,962 of 2,269
Ya my MP8320 never broke apart in half. And I shaved off 5% of the housing with a file even. Lol!  It won't surprise you as much as it did for me. As at least now you know it happens. I am not the only one this has happened to either..

So you say these sound better to you than your Atrios? How the 2 compare sound wise. I know we are talking about 2 bassy earphones. Which one has the better sound staging. Curious.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #1,963 of 2,269

would really love to hear your impressions on how these sound with an amp as i have been looking for one recently.
Quote:
ZO2 vs ZO2v3 is the revision.
If you bought it now you would get the latest, like me the v3.

The ZO2v1, v2, are only found by members who didn't send theirs back for the revision.
Some changes were made - incl the lick of paint, popping noise etc.

And so far the ZO2, is nice - but not as special as it was on the MG7's.
Still, the addition (really not needed out the box) of bass with the ZO2 is mind blowing.

I use ZO2 as an abbreviation - I have the ZO2 v3. (latest revision)

And please remember - these are very initial thoughts/comparisons - definitely nothing to go by, in order to trust my word in buying either/or. (for the earphones)

ZO2 however - is simply amazing with anything - that's a whole different category :D
Its my little baby!

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #1,964 of 2,269

Quote:
Ya my MP8320 never broke apart in half. And I shaved off 5% of the housing with a file even. Lol!  It won't surprise you as much as it did for me. As at least now you know it happens. I am not the only one this has happened to either..

So you say these sound better to you than your Atrios? How the 2 compare sound wise. I know we are talking about 2 bassy earphones. Which one has the better sound staging. Curious.

well the MG7's have been bruned in so its not a fair comparison yet.

But you won't believe me saying this...
But the MDT's might need a lil toning down in the bass department 0.0!

MDT's = TFTA's with better isolation, better mids.
Seriously this bass is...wait how is this in any respect a jazz earphone is beyond me lol.

The bass bumps bro :D!

MG7's = still the sub-bass kings
MDT's = mid-bass mini-demons

TFTA 1XV = mid-bass overlord

Then i took an arrow to the knee.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #1,965 of 2,269

Quote:
would really love to hear your impressions on how these sound with an amp as i have been looking for one recently.

well i only have my ZO2 - and i don't consider the ZO2 as a proper amp.
Why are you needing to amp these?

I think, for the MDT's looking at something like the E11 or even the E6/5 would be a better option - as they need no bass, and don't really need any more colouring - they are very much alive as it is.

MG7's were dead, and were resurrected by the ZO2 - type thing.

What I'm saying is that the ZO2 brings a beautiful fullness to the sound + a bassheads dream of bass - it isn't really "just" an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back