Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Apr 10, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #1,231 of 2,269

Quote:
Has anyone tried MD+RX2 or MD+IQUBE V1? (or pico slim)
I have a difficulty in picking the two..for size ofcoz RX2 is better, but I am not sure if RX2 would make the bass even more overwhelming...
I am looking for an amp offering better separation and clear presentation (which I think MD needs personally)...
IBASSO seems too big for me to be portable...

Actually Ibasso D4 / D6 is as big as the regular pico, Which is actually pretty acceptable size, Unless we are talking about Lisa III XP, uh then its a different thing altogether~ =)

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #1,232 of 2,269

Quote:
I have a difficulty in picking the two..for size ofcoz RX2 is better, but I am not sure if RX2 would make the bass even more overwhelming...
I am looking for an amp offering better separation and clear presentation (which I think MD needs personally)...

I used my MD with the  ALO RXII and solo combo yesterday, really liked it, made it clearer could be from the solo. But bass was still awesome for my tatste

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #1,233 of 2,269

Quote:

No experience w/ those but it appears iBasso P4/D6/PB2 might be good.  They tend toward clarity I believe and have rollable opamps.  Pico slim might good as well.  DACPort is superb match to my MDs.  

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #1,235 of 2,269

Quote:
No experience w/ those but it appears iBasso P4/D6/PB2 might be good.  They tend toward clarity I believe and have rollable opamps.  Pico slim might good as well.  DACPort is superb match to my MDs.  

Hehe I do love the MDs on my iBasso D4 (via DAC), On Cowon sometimes I could understand what ljokerl said when the relative weight of MD's bass could make it sound "excessive".

On the DAC, The bass were balanced down but weren't light, and widens up the spatial cues of MDs, also granting it more clarity while listening fatigue is even lesser, maybe due to the slightly widened seperation.

Not that they have congested soundstage on the J3, just that listening to MD thru D4's DAC could comparatively delude to perceive so.

I am very curious about DACport too, well maybe after i save up for my current plan-list first.

Wonder if it has good synergy with Lisa III XP... =S

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #1,236 of 2,269

Quote:
My seemingly faulty MDs are now on their way back to Monster RMA in Holland.

So hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have a shiny new pair with actual bass!

All the best! I hope you will get to enjoy the smooth and dynamic sound of MD that we have here experienced!
beerchug.gif

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #1,237 of 2,269
A bit of a worry: The right IEM on my MDs at times will play at a lower volume than the left IEM until a gentle tap/nudge is given but otherwise they play beautifully.

Luckily, I have a in-store warranty with them where they can be swapped out on the spot but still, Monster QC makes me wonder at times.

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #1,238 of 2,269

Quote:
A bit of a worry: The right IEM on my MDs at times will play at a lower volume than the left IEM until a gentle tap/nudge is given but otherwise they play beautifully.

Luckily, I have a in-store warranty with them where they can be swapped out on the spot but still, Monster QC makes me wonder at times.

Sounds like driver flex from insertion.  Your driver got stuck.  If you aren't already I would try pulling up at the corner or your ear and insert at a slight angle till it's in.

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #1,242 of 2,269

Quote:
Just read the monster warranty thing and it says you are only allowed to make a complaint regarding something faulty within 2 months of purchasing it?

No, that's the legal generic warranty for everything.  Just ignore it.  Say whatever you want about Monster, they stand behind their products.  Don't worry about it.  It's Lifetime on the Pro line.  The end.  

I wish there were stickies because it's getting annoying repeating the same thing over and over like Ground Hog day.

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #1,243 of 2,269

Quote:
Just read the monster warranty thing and it says you are only allowed to make a complaint regarding something faulty within 2 months of purchasing it?

Just joining the chorus to tell you that you totally misread the warranty. It says that you need to make the warranty complaint with 2 months of noticing the issue.

I'm not sure how you thought there could be a lifetime warranty that only lasted 2 months.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #1,244 of 2,269

Quote:
Just joining the chorus to tell you that you totally misread the warranty. It says that you need to make the warranty complaint with 2 months of noticing the issue.

I'm not sure how you thought there could be a lifetime warranty that only lasted 2 months.

ah righto well let's just say the last 2 weeks my brain is probably at the verge of shutting down completely, having to write an essay for a person who nit picks everything and expects your research essay to be of the same calibre as that  of a PHD student is depressing.. and sorry anax :p

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #1,245 of 2,269

Quote:
ah righto well let's just say the last 2 weeks my brain is probably at the verge of shutting down completely, having to write an essay for a person who nit picks everything and expects your research essay to be of the same calibre as that  of a PHD student is depressing.. and sorry anax :p

No worries man.  Not your fault there aren't stickies.  Should probably make a thread about Monster Warranty confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back