Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Apr 5, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #1,201 of 2,269
Based on what's being said so far the iQube V1 might be the preferable purchase since it's known for it's clarity and transparency.

By the way source component that will be used is a Rockboxed iPod 5.5G 60GB and if you guys have any experience with it I'd like to hear. Eventually, a 5.5G 80GB will be in order that will be either modded by ALO or Whiplash.

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #1,202 of 2,269

Quote:
Based on what's being said so far the iQube V1 might be the preferable purchase since it's known for it's clarity and transparency.

By the way source component that will be used is a Rockboxed iPod 5.5G 60GB and if you guys have any experience with it I'd like to hear. Eventually, a 5.5G 80GB will be in order that will be either modded by ALO or Whiplash.

You should be more than fine.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #1,203 of 2,269
THere are people in the forums that will do the mod for cheaper.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #1,204 of 2,269
**EDITED**

Nevermind found it.

My MDs are on the way and with an ETA of a week max, I hope to have an iQube ready to go along with a decent LOD.

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #1,205 of 2,269
Dear all may I know what amp you are using with MD? I am currently using my old RSA P-51 but it seems to be too warm for me when coupled with the Miles Davies... I am having a difficulties in thinking alternatives like RX2, Iqube or Pico slim...Originally I almost go for IQube but wonder if that would be too thick (as I would really bring it outdoors with me)

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #1,206 of 2,269

Quote:
Dear all may I know what amp you are using with MD? I am currently using my old RSA P-51 but it seems to be too warm for me when coupled with the Miles Davies... I am having a difficulties in thinking alternatives like RX2, Iqube or Pico slim...Originally I almost go for IQube but wonder if that would be too thick (as I would really bring it outdoors with me)

Hi Vincent,

I believe iBasso D4 and similar will do just fine!

Best Regards,
Kendric

Apr 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #1,207 of 2,269
I use Creative Zen Touch 2 with the MD and so far I think the synergy is excellent. The MD is naturally warm and sounds good without an amp for most sources. But I guess if you insist on having amp have to find one that is more on the neutral side.

Apr 7, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #1,208 of 2,269
I have no trouble w/ my Arrow but my DACPort goes great w/ the MDs.  I've heard the Ray Samuels line tends toward warmth.  Ibasso, Pico SLimtend toward being brighter I believe.  Leckerton might be a possibility.

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #1,210 of 2,269

Quote:
Can anyone with the coppers and mds comment on how they differ? What I want to know is separation and speed, I.e is
The coppers much faster than the mds?

The Copper is abit less thicker, more treble edge than the MDs, Soundstage-wise, The Coppers have a more boring (to some), linear soundstage whereas the MDs have a spherical soundstage, which attributes to a greater edge than the coppers in positioning, spatial cue and seperation.

Bass-wise, Copper's are north of neutral, but to some people it won sound as excessive as MDs probably due to lesser air-moving capability than the MD.

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #1,211 of 2,269
ahh i'm so tempted but at the same time I don't know if it's that much of a difference from the MD's in regards to the genres that I find the MD's can't handle, though freaking um3x with r/c is over $350 shipped to me... a fair bit more

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #1,212 of 2,269

Quote:
ahh i'm so tempted but at the same time I don't know if it's that much of a difference from the MD's in regards to the genres that I find the MD's can't handle, though freaking um3x with r/c is over $350 shipped to me... a fair bit more

Hmm i would say stay your hand on getting the coppers, i won say different is like night and day. Have you tried the FX700 or EX1000? Once i manage to get my hands on my FX700 i will add in impressions and comparisons against MDs for you (probably my last universal purchase for myself, Or maybe another cheap and snugly comfortable PL50 for jogging and sports abusing use).

For vocals i think if you used to Intimacy might need to EQ it from my read, i cant be 100% sure as i haven heard it, Unless you want something that can take the toil out of loud environment, Fx700 on SQ-wise might just suits you more than MD, as for me? Bearing Lifetime Warranty they're definitely high tier universal back-up phones for me =)

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #1,213 of 2,269

Quote:
Hmm i would say stay your hand on getting the coppers, i won say different is like night and day. Have you tried the FX700 or EX1000? Once i manage to get my hands on my FX700 i will add in impressions and comparisons against MDs for you (probably my last universal purchase for myself, Or maybe another cheap and snugly comfortable PL50 for jogging and sports abusing use).

For vocals i think if you used to Intimacy might need to EQ it from my read, i cant be 100% sure as i haven heard it, Unless you want something that can take the toil out of loud environment, Fx700 on SQ-wise might just suits you more than MD, as for me? Bearing Lifetime Warranty they're definitely high tier universal back-up phones for me =)

Yeah I've actually heard the ex1000, fit wasn't great but god damn they sounded so natural, it was like everything was in perfect harmony, nothing was over done it was just perfect, it's great for even bands such as rise against not really heavy rock but fairly busy passages, though when I started playing some parkway drive it started lagging behind, though was expected. I also had a listen to the UM3x and it really did it for me though I may just have to toughen up and bite the bullet on the um3x... ahh never thought i'd spend so much money on iems.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #1,214 of 2,269

Quote:
Yeah I've actually heard the ex1000, fit wasn't great but god damn they sounded so natural, it was like everything was in perfect harmony, nothing was over done it was just perfect, it's great for even bands such as rise against not really heavy rock but fairly busy passages, though when I started playing some parkway drive it started lagging behind, though was expected. I also had a listen to the UM3x and it really did it for me though I may just have to toughen up and bite the bullet on the um3x... ahh never thought i'd spend so much money on iems.

Haha more to come, my planned saving-list has already rendered my wallet(s) down probably, and will be heading to assault my bank account. After my Fx700, still have customs, Audeze LCD-2, Lisa III amp and a desktop amp --- Gonna blow a nuclear hole in my tiny bank account in all these time of savings to come =((

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #1,215 of 2,269
Coppers are totally different from MDs and much better for metal IMO.  Funny you mention them.  Everytime I used to listen to metal  on my MD's I kept wishing they were Coppers just for those songs.  Are they the best for it?  No, but very good w/ Metal.  Believe it or not I got my DBA's specifically for Metal and Electronic though they are so much more than just those genres.  Originally I had the ER4S for that but tried the DBAs and they were just so much more natural and energetic w/ even better clarity IMO.  I'm glad I can get bass response from the DBA's otherwise they would suck.  I imagine if isolation wasn't an issue the FX700 were be superb for Metal as well.  I would go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back